New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
My Football Forum
  • Staff Picks

Locke

Question for BB

BB how many miles have you shoved up that Vauxhall Vectra of yours and how many miles are you getting to the gallon? Also, any problems with the DPF filter?

I am binning my Mokka. I like it and it hasn't let me down but the 1.4 turbo petrol engine is well thirsty. 

It's an insignia. I have 115000 miles.on it. I thought get 60-65 mog when motorway driving. I can get about 700 miles on a tank doing motorway driving. 

It's in the garage on Thursday as I'm losing coolant. I noticed a bit of white fumes when I stopped at a roundabout in Wales last week. So hopefully nothing too serious. 

Why you ask are you thinking of getting one. It's very reliable and comfy to drive. It's not fast but it's a fantastic cruiser.

7 hours ago, Locke said:

Maybe. It is an option for me.

Have you had any DPF problems with it?

Tho it's a question for BB, i feel compelled to put my penny's worth in here.

Any car will have DPF problems if it's used mostly for short journeys. A decent run on the motorway should sort the DPF problems out. Yet again it is a Vauxhall were talking about, i really think they are shite, My mate who works as an RAC patrolman for the last 6 six says he has never worked a day when he hasn't had a call out to a Vauxhall, that says a lot. 

As for BB's comment on it be very reliable, well it's in the garage on Thursday for a potentially huge repair bill.

Hyundai's are a better option, Toyota or VW, if your budget cant stretch to the German more luxurious brands.

Edited by The Realist

I have to be honest the Mokka has been a pleasure to drive with no issues.

It is the thirst of it that is doing my head in.

Hyundai's, Toyota's and Honda are great. I really rate them. Skoda and Nissan are also on my short list.

Are diesel cars subject to extra road charges in the UK?

Here in NZ owners of diesel engined vehicles have to pay a Road User Charge. They effectively prepay for a specific number of kilometres as measured by the odometer.

It is, IMHO, a cumbersome system involving more paperwork and bureaucracy than would be required if the government just put duty on diesel fuel..

Edited by Hairy Scot

5 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Are diesel cars subject to extra road charges in the UK?

Here in NZ owners of diesel engined vehicles have to pay a Road User Charge. They effectively prepay for a specific number of kilometres as measured by the odometer.

It is, IMHO, a cumbersome system involving more paperwork and bureaucracy than would be required if the government just put duty on diesel fuel..

Not 100% sure but something rings a bell that the excise duty (road tax) is higher Hairy.

On 07/11/2018 at 19:54, The Realist said:

Tho it's a question for BB, i feel compelled to put my penny's worth in here.

Any car will have DPF problems if it's used mostly for short journeys. A decent run on the motorway should sort the DPF problems out. Yet again it is a Vauxhall were talking about, i really think they are shite, My mate who works as an RAC patrolman for the last 6 six says he has never worked a day when he hasn't had a call out to a Vauxhall, that says a lot. 

As for BB's comment on it be very reliable, well it's in the garage on Thursday for a potentially huge repair bill.

Hyundai's are a better option, Toyota or VW, if your budget cant stretch to the German more luxurious brands.

All cars these days are reliable. Technology has advanced a lot so everything just works. The garage just tightened up something on the car and he said check the coolant level for the next week and ifnits dropped bring it back in. 

They didn't even charge me for bringing it in. It's such a good garage. 

I think you are right BB. All cars are much better than years gone by.

I put a deposit down on a Suzuki today. The Mrs is gonna look at it next week and if she likes it we will get it.

I came across manufacturer reliability stats while doing research. They are for vehicles 0-3 years old from 2017

1. Lexus 92.1%

2 Mitsubishi 90.8%

3 Toyota 89.6%

4 Suzuki 86.6%

5 Alfa Romeo 85.8%

6 Honda 84.9%

7 Hyundai 84.8%

8 MG 83.4%

9 Ford 82.1%

10 Subaru 81.8%

11 Kia 81.3%

12 Audi 80.4%