Jump to content
My Football Forum
Harold

Scotland...Politics related

Recommended Posts

The totalitarian land of lunacy. Not content with wanting to do away with petrol and diesel motor vehicles by 2032 (8 years ahead of the UK Government) and replace them with electric powered vehicles (a goal which I'll wager will NEVER be achieved) this shower of tartan clad separatists, no doubt having its tail wagged by the fucking idiots that infest the country via the Green party, have once again shown their complete and utter fucking arrogance towards the population of Scotland. The listening party ? My fucking arse. Seriously....have a read at this and be prepared to be gobsmacked at the plans being announced by a shower of piss pots!

https://www.pressreader.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Harold said:

The totalitarian land of lunacy. Not content with wanting to do away with petrol and diesel motor vehicles by 2032 (8 years ahead of the UK Government) and replace them with electric powered vehicles (a goal which I'll wager will NEVER be achieved) this shower of tartan clad separatists, no doubt having its tail wagged by the fucking idiots that infest the country via the Green party, have once again shown their complete and utter fucking arrogance towards the population of Scotland. The listening party ? My fucking arse. Seriously....have a read at this and be prepared to be gobsmacked at the plans being announced by a shower of piss pots!

https://www.pressreader.com/

I think you might find that this is less to do with separatists and more to do with the tree huggers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I think you might find that this is less to do with separatists and more to do with the tree huggers.

I believe you will find you are wrong mate. They have a history of wanting control & subservience of the population but certainly having the Greens as its only budget allies every year does not help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Harold said:

I believe you will find you are wrong mate. They have a history of wanting control & subservience of the population but certainly having the Greens as its only budget allies every year does not help.

Fair dos.

Problem is that I think that your antipathy toward the SNP sometimes tends to skew your interpretation of a number of issues.

Aiming to reduce or eliminate petrol and diesel emissions, regardless of its practicality, is hardly a separatist belief.

Given the ratio of complete fuckups to length of terms in service, I'd have to say that the SNP has a far better record than either of the two "major" parties. 

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Fair dos.

Problem is that I think that your antipathy toward the SNP sometimes tends to skew your interpretation of a number of issues.

Aiming to reduce or eliminate petrol and diesel emissions, regardless of its practicality, is hardly a separatist belief.

Given the ratio of complete fuckups to length of terms in service, I'd have to say that the SNP has a far better record than either of the two "major" parties. 

Watching the football mate....I'll answer later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

Problem is that I think that your antipathy toward the SNP sometimes tends to skew your interpretation of a number of issues.

Your opinion. I admit I detest the SNP but I won't simply criticise them on that basis alone. I'll criticise any party whose actions I disagree with.

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

Aiming to reduce or eliminate petrol and diesel emissions, regardless of its practicality, is hardly a separatist belief.

They are in charge, they're wanting to introduce it, they take the flak mate. No thought given to introduction of where, when and amount of recharging areas....how long it will take, will every home get one or will we be queuing in the street ? No info re costs....absolutely fuck all bar an announcement hat Scotland is to do it before the UK government is to introduce this scheme....wonder why that is eh ?

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

I'd have to say that the SNP has a far better record than either of the two "major" parties. 

Perhaps you could remind me of their successes Hairy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As one who lived through the 50s 60s and 70s in the UK I have to say that Westminster did little to improve the lot of Scots or of Scotland.

One only has to look at the records of Anthony Eden, Harold Macmillan, Alec Douglas-Home, Harold Wilson, Edward Heath, and Margaret Thatcher to see that government of the UK was Anglo-centric in the extreme.

But the real tragedy is that if the SNP of the 60s and 70s had gained power then Scotland would have escaped the rule of the leftist fools who now hold sway.

 
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Normski said:

SNP members at their conference today

IMG_20190427_150831.thumb.jpg.71e4090cace98aefce14f6af9f448f61.jpg

 

And some don't believe there is racism against the English from the fucking scumbag separatists! Utter fucking scum tramps! Wonder if Sturgeon will defend THAT or even have anything to say about it.....or will she concentrate on her party's failing in education, law & order & NHS, transport. How Hairy could even insinuate that they have had successes is beyond me...Hairy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harold said:

And some don't believe there is racism against the English from the fucking scumbag separatists! Utter fucking scum tramps! Wonder if Sturgeon will defend THAT or even have anything to say about it.....or will she concentrate on her party's failing in education, law & order & NHS, transport. How Hairy could even insinuate that they have had successes is beyond me...Hairy ?

When did I do that?

 

On 26/04/2019 at 20:05, Hairy Scot said:

As one who lived through the 50s 60s and 70s in the UK I have to say that Westminster did little to improve the lot of Scots or of Scotland.

One only has to look at the records of Anthony Eden, Harold Macmillan, Alec Douglas-Home, Harold Wilson, Edward Heath, and Margaret Thatcher to see that government of the UK was Anglo-centric in the extreme.

But the real tragedy is that if the SNP of the 60s and 70s had gained power then Scotland would have escaped the rule of the leftist fools who now hold sway.

 
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

When did I do that?

Given the ratio of complete fuckups to length of terms in service, I'd have to say that the SNP has a far better record than either of the two "major" parties.  ?

Or perhaps I misinterpreted ? If I did, my apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

Given the ratio of complete fuckups to length of terms in service, I'd have to say that the SNP has a far better record than either of the two "major" parties.  ?

Or perhaps I misinterpreted ? If I did, my apologies.

Fewer fuckups does not mean more successes.

Plus it was a tongue in cheek comment.

I have often stated that while I favour an independent Scotland I would not be happy having it run by the likes of Salmond and Sturgeon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately today's version of the SNP is far removed from the party which was formed in the post war years.

That organisation was, in ideological terms, very much middle of the road. Much like the old Liberal Party.

Today's SNP is like a steroid fuelled version of the Scottish Labour Party; which probably accounts for the current predominance of the party. The party manifesto is reminiscent of The Loony Left from the 60s and 70s: intent on populist programs with utter disregard for the impact of such policies on the taxpayer and the economy of the country.  

It's like turning back the clock to the old days of Catholisocialism; lie back and make babies and the country will provide.

This trend is also apparent in the make up and behaviour of the SNP and a number of local councils who seem intent on establishing a "Little Oirland" in West and Central Scotland.

Perhaps "The Unseen Fenian Hand" is not a myth.

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you will have noticed recently you can't watch a news programme without each and every one of them going fucking overboard about supposed climate change and these cunts of politicians have been sucked in and spout their shite continually. Have you noticed that everything that is proposed in their efforts to combat this always end up with us the public having to pay for each and every one ? Well here we go again in the name of 'saving the planet' from this totalitarian dictatorship masquerading as the Scottish Executive. Since last year we have been hit by the fanciful minimum unit pricing (50p per unit) which upped the price of alcohol on most types. Now we have another raid your pocket initiative going to be implemented soon....A bottle (glass & plastic) and drinks can deposit scheme which will increase the price of EVERY bottle & can by 20p. Now I buy my diet coke normally in 24 can packs so the means I will have to pay an extra £4.80 on a pack that at its dearest costs £8 but now will cost £12.80 ?(that 20p is an extra 60% increase per can) Yes I know the supposed 'better for the environment' scheme says the 20p per item will be refunded if returned but there are so many anomalies to be considered. Will you get cash, will you get a voucher, can you take the items to any retailer, will there be a limit to the amount, will the items be handed over to the shopkeeper (who btw would rather be getting on selling stuff than fucking about with empties) to count and pay out, will there be a machine...what happens if the machine isn't working etc etc . No fucking details given by this shower of useless cunts up here.....made up on the wing as per fucking usual. We actually have a recycling scheme you cunts....every 2 weeks our bottles, jars and cans/plastic bottles are collected by the council but again as per, the majority will suffer because of the idiot minority who don't bother their arse. And I wonder, will the council now refuse to take these items when this scheme comes into effect or will it take into consideration that some people will not return stuff to shops and put in their bins and thereafter the council will take these items and return them to a particular retailer for the deposit ?

Shafted again...don't you just live politicians ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and another hairbrained scheme to be introduced...another tax if you will......initiated by those non entities The Greens but supported by the SNP (tail wagging the dog again) as a sweetner to get their budget passed this year. SNP the caring, listening Executive.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-47089134

However, here is how well thought out this was..

At present, details for how the policy would operate in Scotland are still sketchy, beyond assurances that councils will not be obliged to introduce the levy, while the government has stressed that NHS workers will not have to pay.

Part of the reason for that lack of detail is that the policy was barely planned. In fact, just last November, Transport Secretary Michael Matheson signalled that no preparations were in place to look at how the idea would work.

In the same committee session, Mackay had been forced to admit he hadn’t undertaken any “individual economic analysis”, of the scheme, (Seriously ? No economic analysis ?) leaving the distinct impression that, despite backing from public transport campaigners and the fact the scheme already operates in England, a desire to win over the Greens was really the only driver of the plan.

And MacKay tried to squirm out of it (a big boy done it and ran away scenario)

As Mackay put it: “This is not a Scottish Government scheme, this is about the empowerment of local government. It was a necessary budget concession, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    3,642
    Total Topics
    32,618
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    389
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    Footie Fan
    Newest Member
    Footie Fan
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.