Sign in to follow this  
Harold

Scotland...Politics related

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

I'm not sure where the political content occurs in these posts.

My initial post was regarding the meeting of two politicians....The Prime Minister and The First Minister.....that the political content.

They're more personal opinions than political comment.

regards the posts you cherry picked....yes that's correct.

#separatistobsession

Do you mean my view of the overall calamity or my use of the word 'separatist' ?

14 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Makes one wanna puke! 

a lot of people think the same mate. Sturgeon and the SNP party are under the miscomprehension that they speak for ALL the people of Scotland...they DO NOT! They speak only for separatist fanatics. She is deluded and has been founded out time and again to be a lying hypocrite!

11 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Separatists are in the minority

I would agree with that.

12 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

and made up mainly of Irish immigrants and their offspring.

but I don't know how you can say that mate. you'd need to show some form of evidence.

On 16/07/2019 at 13:02, Normski said:

IMG_20190716_125808.thumb.jpg.e0caef1f22a64c1de8a2fe41b84d273e.jpg

IMG_20190716_125810.thumb.jpg.42b9442055d1e4b629ede60dc25509a0.jpg

another wee example....SNP councilor for Livingston south

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

The love to condemn but ignore their condemnation when it suits. Racist Hypocrites!

15 minutes ago, Harold said:

The love to condemn but ignore their condemnation when it suits. Racist Hypocrites!

Stupid bitch!

I think it is fair to say that if the English didn't holiday in Scotland then the Scottish economy would be hit. 

Also, there are many thousands of Scots happily living in England. Does she not think of possible ramifications (from like minded idiots) that might occur because of her stupid statement? 

51 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Stupid bitch!

I think it is fair to say that if the English didn't holiday in Scotland then the Scottish economy would be hit. 

Also, there are many thousands of Scots happily living in England. Does she not think of possible ramifications (from like minded idiots) that might occur because of her stupid statement? 

Exactly mate. Be aware though...it is ONLY idiots from that particular party who come out with crap like that!

17 minutes ago, Harold said:

Exactly mate. Be aware though...it is ONLY idiots from that particular party who come out with crap like that!

It really is open racism too.

5 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It really is open racism too.

Agreed....imagine, just imagine if the word England/English is replaced with Asian/Pakistani/Immigrant etc etc....fucking hue and cry. And they have the brass neck to criticise Donald Trump???

17 minutes ago, Harold said:

Agreed....imagine, just imagine if the word England/English is replaced with Asian/Pakistani/Immigrant etc etc....fucking hue and cry. And they have the brass neck to criticise Donald Trump???

Yup. It really is a case of when it suits...

18 hours ago, Harold said:

I see Sturgeon has tucked into Mrs May saying talks with her were soul destroying and also saying talks with BJ were crazy...

Then she slipped in that there was growing support for another referendum on Scottish Independence. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I see Sturgeon has tucked into Mrs May saying talks with her were soul destroying and also saying talks with BJ were crazy...

Then she slipped in that there was growing support for another referendum on Scottish Independence. 

A poll has indicated a rise in support....I'll have to look into this 'poll'....Anyway, instead of bitvhing about anything non Scottish perhaps she and her obedient acolytes would be better solving the problems with the new sick kids hospital...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49235874

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49225869

https://www.scotsman.com/health/nhs-paying-out-1-4m-every-month-for-empty-new-sick-kids-hospital-1-4976220

49 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

This was due to an online poll which said the MAJORITY of Scots now back independence. Utter bollox. You know how many responses there was ? One thousand and nineteen....yep 1019 out of how many millions ? So they peddle fucking nonsense about the majority of Scots. A comment I saw was very pertinent and said...

Next time, ask them this: what is your preferred method to pay off Scotland's share of the national debt? Then: are you content for Scotland to cede control of its fisheries, and adopt the euro, on rejoining the EU?

2 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/06/nicola-sturgeon-if-we-crash-out-with-no-deal-corbyn-will-be-almost-as-responsible-as-may-or-johnson

And still she keeps poking her beak into Brexit.

Move to Scotland? With her in charge? She can get fucked! 

nowt in there apart from constant criticism. She is a nobody trying to be a player....never has been, never will be.

44 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

To leave the UK and join the EU is like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
All it does is remove one level of bureaucracy; and to be honest, I trust Brussels a lot less than I trust Westminster.
No problem with leaving UK and teaming up with Norway et al, but not while the current bunch of halfwits inhabit Holyrood House.

Hairy....when the UK leaves the EU that includes Scotland. Now the UK has to negotiate and set up trade deals globally and depending on the EU with EU member states. Everybody knows that. Now if Scotland were to gain separation from the UK that is Scotland out of the EU AND UK and Scotland's biggest trading partner is the rest of the UK. For all the rhetoric Sturgeon spouts not once have I heard her or any other nationalist MSP give any briefing about how that could be overcome. As debated a good while back (probably on our other wee forum) Scotland will NOT slip into the EU immediately and nobody knows how long an application would take and it is by no means a certainty that they would be accepted....there is all sorts of financial matters to be considered and also it would be betraying the fishermen who would have to go back into a Common Fisheries Policy and would be dictated to by the EU.

On 09/05/2019 at 13:35, Harold said:

Oh and another hairbrained scheme to be introduced...another tax if you will......initiated by those non entities The Greens but supported by the SNP (tail wagging the dog again) as a sweetner to get their budget passed this year. SNP the caring, listening Executive.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-47089134

However, here is how well thought out this was..

At present, details for how the policy would operate in Scotland are still sketchy, beyond assurances that councils will not be obliged to introduce the levy, while the government has stressed that NHS workers will not have to pay.

Part of the reason for that lack of detail is that the policy was barely planned. In fact, just last November, Transport Secretary Michael Matheson signalled that no preparations were in place to look at how the idea would work.

In the same committee session, Mackay had been forced to admit he hadn’t undertaken any “individual economic analysis”, of the scheme, (Seriously ? No economic analysis ?) leaving the distinct impression that, despite backing from public transport campaigners and the fact the scheme already operates in England, a desire to win over the Greens was really the only driver of the plan.

And MacKay tried to squirm out of it (a big boy done it and ran away scenario)

As Mackay put it: “This is not a Scottish Government scheme, this is about the empowerment of local government. It was a necessary budget concession, 

Well this barely thought out piece of irresponsible legislation is due to be passed into law today by the disgraceful and spiteful SNP and Green MSP's. These anti car despots give absolutely no thought as to how expensive this will be to certain sections of working society and how hard it will hit them.....You're talking round about at least £400 per annum.....so that's certain workers who use their businesses carparks going to have to fucking pay to be at work....how fucking low will these SNP/Green politicians go....utter scum! However this depends on the individual council as to whether it will introduce the charge to the business who can if they so wish pass it onto its staff. I hope councils ignore it (but considering the SNP cuts to local councils over the years I doubt that) but if they do introduce it I cannot see many employers (especially small to medium ones) taking the brunt. Clear ? Clear as fucking mud. People moan about the Tories and Johnson ? We've got fucking worse up here with that shower of money grabbing bastards in Holyrood. It has been reported that this charge may see the Scottish Executive having to pay also.....haud on....they won't actually be paying because they have no money....it is the tax payers money they have their grubby paws around so it will be the tax payer paying once again for that shower of deperados. Oh and btw......guess who cannot drive and is chauffeured around ?

Also not taken into the equation is the fact that public transport in Scotland is unreliable, very expensive and in a lot of cases shoddy! If bus/train times are not suitable for someone getting to work how the fuck else are they supposed to get to work ? As I said....ill thought by a shower of arseholes!