Harold

Scotland...Politics related

13 minutes ago, Harold said:

you asked....I replied.

Agreed.
But either way it is/was a meaningless statement.
How often do we hear "Ït's a once in a lifetime opportunity"?
To buy a car, a 3 piece suite, a fridge, etc etc etc??
A hackneyed meaningless phrase in either form. Regardless of who spoke it.

PS
Have you ever known a politician to keep his/her word?    

Edited by Hairy Scot

22 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

But either way it is/was a meaningless statement.

no it isn't....it was stated for the benefit of the entire population for Scotland.

24 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

How often do we hear "Ït's a once in a lifetime opportunity"?
To buy a car, a 3 piece suite, a fridge, etc etc etc??

I have come to the conclusion that you know very well what was meant by both Salmond & Sturgeon but you refuse to accept it for what it was meant. We have had this argument may times. To use the phrase as in selling cars or other goods to try and back up your argument is actually quite laughable mate.

53 minutes ago, Harold said:

no it isn't....it was stated for the benefit of the entire population for Scotland.

I have come to the conclusion that you know very well what was meant by both Salmond & Sturgeon but you refuse to accept it for what it was meant. We have had this argument may times. To use the phrase as in selling cars or other goods to try and back up your argument is actually quite laughable mate.

You choose to interpret the phrase literally because it fits your opinions.
I prefer to take a broader view.
Let''s get it clear:
I have my views on this topic, and whether or not I am for or against makes no difference to the fact that I am quite happy to listen to or read the opinions of others  whether or not they agree with mine.
If we differ, then we differ. That does not make them scum nor cunts nor fuckwits.

13 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

You choose to interpret the phrase literally because it fits your opinions

Absolutely not....it was said by both Salmond in Sturgeon IN PUBLIC TO THE SCOTTISH PEOPLE in relation to the referendum mate. Fuck all to do with my opinions

14 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

That does not make them scum nor cunts nor fuckwits.

Same answer as I replied in the Brexit thread.

26 minutes ago, Harold said:

Absolutely not....it was said by both Salmond in Sturgeon IN PUBLIC TO THE SCOTTISH PEOPLE in relation to the referendum mate. Fuck all to do with my opinions

Same answer as I replied in the Brexit thread.

DITTO

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/citizens-assembly-providing-road-map-for-future/?top

THE EVENING NEWS: TOP STORIES

CITIZENS’ ASSEMBLY SPEAKS – AND SAYS DUMP STURGEON

(Another report to be binned because it doesn't say what Sturgeon wants to hear! Ed)

THE First Minister’s plan to take soundings from citizens’ assemblies across Scotland appears to have backfired, with one recommendation calling for the country to be ‘free of Nicola Sturgeon’.

The Scottish Government initiative has started touring Scotland, with participants asked to provide statements on ‘the kind of Scotland we are seeking to build’.

As well as opposition to Miss Sturgeon, people called for ministers to be ‘tougher on criminals and have no special privileges in jail’ – strikingly different from the SNP’s ‘soft-touch’ justice policy.

Despite some support for independence, a number of the 353 submissions urged the SNP to end its calls for a second independence referendum and for Scotland to remain within the UK.

Miss Sturgeon said she was inspired by an assembly in Ireland set up to discuss and seek consensus on a range of divisive issues such as abortion.

#No2Indy2

See the news first - go to follow on our page and click SEE FIRST
On Twitter? Why not follow our new Twitter account: @ukunionvoice

https://www.pressreader.com/…/scot…/20200115/281668256923236

18 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The bottom line from any outsider looking in (me) is that Sturgeon is moving the goalposts to suit herself.

Of course she/Snp is. They have previous for it....mainly her demand for a second 'once in a generation/lifetime' referendum..............FREEDOOM!

Instead of SNP MPs standing up and gibbering on continually about separation (Freedoom), big bad Tory Government, Westminster disrespecting Brigadoon, lack of democracy ( smiley ) etc etc blah blah whinge whinge...................Perhaps the house should simply wheel this out and everybody will get the gist of it...

Image result for broken vinyl records images

I wonder what wee Nicola will have to say about the comments made by this rat but knowing her it will be another sweep. John Mason, a pitiful example of a human being far less a politician has publicly stated that he will NOT represent certain members in constituency....This guy should either resign or booted out of the party! Utterly disgraceful....he cannot cheery pick who he will represent!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/politics/5175160/snp-john-mason-glasgow-orange-walk-union/

6 minutes ago, Harold said:

I wonder what wee Nicola will have to say about the comments made by this rat but knowing her it will be another sweep. John Mason, a pitiful example of a human being far less a politician has publicly stated that he will NOT represent certain members in constituency....This guy should either resign or booted out of the party! Utterly disgraceful....he cannot cheery pick who he will represent!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/politics/5175160/snp-john-mason-glasgow-orange-walk-union/

An excellent article on the actions of a bigot!

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20200117/281822875750472

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

It is really strange that so many SNP members seem intent on alienating the majority of Scots.
How did it come to pass that an anti-establishment movement, whose adherents account for less than 25% of Scotland's population has gained control of Holyrood and many municipal bodies?

From a Scottish Parliament website....Why do we have Members of the Scottish Parliament  (perhaps Mr Mason omitted to read this part).

This is why we elect representatives, a relatively small number of people who represent us and make decisions on our behalf. In the Scottish Parliament these people are called Members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs). They were elected to represent all the people in their constituencies or regions in the debates and decision-making of the Parliament.

51 minutes ago, Harold said:

From a Scottish Parliament website....Why do we have Members of the Scottish Parliament  (perhaps Mr Mason omitted to read this part).

This is why we elect representatives, a relatively small number of people who represent us and make decisions on our behalf. In the Scottish Parliament these people are called Members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs). They were elected to represent all the people in their constituencies or regions in the debates and decision-making of the Parliament.

As you know, I am somewhat at odds with the modern concept of democracy, especially as implemented by electoral systems of the US, the UK, most European countries, and most commonwealth countries.
The problem lies with party politics, which require that those elected conform with the party line.
In most cases this means that a sizeable percentage of the electorate in a constituency is in fact disadvantaged or under-represented.

13 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Obviously this is totally ignored by that blowhard Ian Blackford when you listen to his broken record every time he stand up in the Commons....FREE DOOM!!!

With certain institutions in Scotland not being what they should be (NHS, Education, Police eg) Sturgeon will be standing in the kiddy on parliament and talking/demanding again....well, you know what it will be about. If interested, have a read at this article....the phrase 'nail on head' springs to mind.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20200127/281621012307059

On 17/01/2020 at 08:46, Harold said:

An excellent article on the actions of a bigot!

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20200117/281822875750472

I found that disturbing in all truth. I could also read it a lot of different ways, (all ending up in thinking Mason isn't fit for purpose). Would he refuse to help the widowed 80 year old lady who can't get the council to fix her leaky roof if she had no issue with orange walks, or wanted Scotland to stay in the union? Not only should Mason be punted out, he should be charged with treason against his constituents. Really is shocking.

On 27/01/2020 at 11:16, Harold said:

With certain institutions in Scotland not being what they should be (NHS, Education, Police eg) Sturgeon will be standing in the kiddy on parliament and talking/demanding again....well, you know what it will be about. If interested, have a read at this article....the phrase 'nail on head' springs to mind.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20200127/281621012307059

And today that divisive, tunnel visioned individual Nicola Sturgeon who screams grievances and lack of democracy will demand that the EU flag will remain aloft outside the kiddy on parliament....I never had any respect for her or her party and this once again confirms that I am correct in my stand. What a pathetic denier......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7937625/Nicola-Sturgeon-vows-flying-EU-flag-Scottish-HQ-Brexit.html

31 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

They only won by 10 votes apparently today. This individual has no fucking shame in her body....she has no interest in the country....She has publicly stated that Separation transcends everything! But she aint gonna get another 'once in a lifetime/generation vote so she should get used to THAT! Couldn't redden her neck wi a blow torch.

6 hours ago, Harold said:

And today that divisive, tunnel visioned individual Nicola Sturgeon who screams grievances and lack of democracy will demand that the EU flag will remain aloft outside the kiddy on parliament....I never had any respect for her or her party and this once again confirms that I am correct in my stand. What a pathetic denier......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7937625/Nicola-Sturgeon-vows-flying-EU-flag-Scottish-HQ-Brexit.html

Sturgeon puts herself across, as being anti tory- why doesn't she just admit, she is an Anti English bigot? Scotland leave the EU in just over 48 hours time. Correct me if i am wrong here- If Scotland the got independence, it would no longer be part of the UK or the EU, which could potentially leave it in a very dodgy position,I saw pre general election that around 66% of Scotland's trade is south of the border, so all kinds of trade deals to negotiate there, plus potentially several English owned Businesses operating in Scotland could move south No longer part of the NHS? Joining the EU could take decades, Scotland fails at the first point- Having it's own stable currency. Nobody can deny Scotland has been raped for decades to favour England, in terms of mining, steel,and shipbuilding, and some other lesser industry. That' in the past,and most of it is foreign controlled nowadays,and will never be brought back again.

Maybe they should swap the EU flag at SNP headquarters, for the old Nazi Swastika.

8 minutes ago, Normski said:

I assume you're pro EU?

Pro independent Scotland my friend. I’m not against the EU, would need to see what deal Scotland would get offered etc