• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mr Magnificent

Gazza charged with sexual assault

Apparently touched someone inappropriately on a train journey from York to Durham.

Unfortunately assault is something he is familiar with. Sounds like he could be in some real soap and bubble.

10 minutes ago, Locke said:

Apparently touched someone inappropriately on a train journey from York to Durham.

Unfortunately assault is something he is familiar with. Sounds like he could be in some real soap and bubble.

Not belittling this by any manner of means but 'touching someone inappropriately' can cover a multitude of actions. In this day and age (of the #metoo generation) the term inappropriately can mean anything the alleged victim deems/perceives to be sexual (he has been charged under section 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003). He has been released pending further enquiries. The Police are appealing for witnesses....eh ? It would appear he has been charged on the say so of the complainer with no corroboration. I'd like to know more about this before condemning the person. It may be a case that he IS guilty of sexually touching the woman or it may be a case of 'bandwagon jumping'. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

I would imagine CCTV was viewed before the charges were applied.

That's just an assumption mate. That info (either way) won't be made public at present.

Yes, I am assuming they viewed that before bringing charges against him rather than just believe someone with nothing to support the claim. 

Most modern trains are equipped with CCTV these days.

14 hours ago, Locke said:

Yes, I am assuming they viewed that before bringing charges against him rather than just believe someone with nothing to support the claim. 

Most modern trains are equipped with CCTV these days.

May be wrong but as far as I could find corroboration isn't required to charge someone.

18 hours ago, Harold said:

Not belittling this by any manner of means but 'touching someone inappropriately' can cover a multitude of actions. In this day and age (of the #metoo generation) the term inappropriately can mean anything the alleged victim deems/perceives to be sexual (he has been charged under section 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003). He has been released pending further enquiries. The Police are appealing for witnesses....eh ? It would appear he has been charged on the say so of the complainer with no corroboration. I'd like to know more about this before condemning the person. It may be a case that he IS guilty of sexually touching the woman or it may be a case of 'bandwagon jumping'. Time will tell.

Spot on mate.

Gazza is unfortunately an easy target.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

And usually his own worst enemy.

Look at his previous.

His previous, as you say, has absolutely no bearing on this incident and cannot be held against him unless the prosecution leads it. This is about what did or didn't happen on that particular date. Unfortunately he is a well known personality and even the dogs on the street will know about his past. Look, I'm not saying he is innocent or guilty of this.....my concern is that in this day and age so many people 'perceive' that a crime has been committed & are taken as fact. and there is also the well known fact that some are out for the attention and a tabloid pay off for their story. Again I'm not saying this is the case but something to consider.

Just for info....there is a snippet in Littlejohn's column in the Daily Mail today where he writes about a complaint about a dog fouling outside an ethnic minority person's home. The 'victim' told police that he viewed this as a racial incident so plod reported this as a 'Hate Crime' because the victim perceived the dog fouling as racial.

47 minutes ago, Locke said:

Sexual touching is the charge.

Let's just wait and see.

Personally I view him as a wife beating bum.

Yeah, I know what the charge is. Have you actually checked and ascertained what 'sexual touching' covers ? Interesting reading mate. It isn't 'simply' approaching a woman and grabbing her tits...there is a lot more to it than that. I agree we'll need to wait. Your opinion about him is your prerogative....I have no problem with that.

8 hours ago, Harold said:

His previous, as you say, has absolutely no bearing on this incident and cannot be held against him unless the prosecution leads it. This is about what did or didn't happen on that particular date. Unfortunately he is a well known personality and even the dogs on the street will know about his past. Look, I'm not saying he is innocent or guilty of this.....my concern is that in this day and age so many people 'perceive' that a crime has been committed & are taken as fact. and there is also the well known fact that some are out for the attention and a tabloid pay off for their story. Again I'm not saying this is the case but something to consider.

Just for info....there is a snippet in Littlejohn's column in the Daily Mail today where he writes about a complaint about a dog fouling outside an ethnic minority person's home. The 'victim' told police that he viewed this as a racial incident so plod reported this as a 'Hate Crime' because the victim perceived the dog fouling as racial.

How can a dog be Racist haha, some people are cunts and the police need to stop spending soo much time on stupid things like this and start investigating burglaries and other proper crime!

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

How can a dog be Racist haha, some people are cunts and the police need to stop spending soo much time on stupid things like this and start investigating burglaries and other proper crime!

So, you view unwanted sexual touching as stupid and not a proper crime then?

That is proper sexual assault 

Most of the time people make it up, especially against celebs and what they class as sexual assaults can some.time be far far away from the truth. I was saying burglaries are worse than sexual assaults. The police need to lower the priority for hate crime, name calling on the internet, locking people up for offending people and spend more time on proper crimes like theft, terrorism and burgalries by givingnthrm higher priority.