New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

4 football rules that are never seriously enforced

#1 The 6 second rule

Keepers should not hold onto the ball for more than 6 seconds but this is never the case.

#2 Shirt pulling in the box

This hardly ever results in a penalty.

#3 Throw-ins

These are never taken from where the ball goes out of play. 

#4 Penalty kicks

Keepers are not supposed to come of the line before the penalty is taken but this happens a lot 

On 01/12/2018 at 16:57, boro_boy said:

#1 The 6 second rule

Keepers should not hold onto the ball for more than 6 seconds but this is never the case.

#2 Shirt pulling in the box

This hardly ever results in a penalty.

#3 Throw-ins

These are never taken from where the ball goes out of play. 

#4 Penalty kicks

Keepers are not supposed to come of the line before the penalty is taken but this happens a lot 

All good shouts but my opinion of no.6 is that it should only be retaken IF the penalty is missed.

It's not a rule but one thing that has seriously started to burst my tits is when a team is leading and the ball goes back to that team's goalkeeper and the goalie refuses to kick it to one of his team mates or up the park or even pick it up until an opponent runs up to him then he will do one of the three choices.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

All good shouts but my opinion of no.6 is that it should only be retaken IF the penalty is missed.

It's not a rule but one thing that has seriously started to burst my tits is when a team is leading and the ball goes back to that team's goalkeeper and the goalie refuses to kick it to one of his team mates or up the park or even pick it up until an opponent runs up to him then he will do one of the three choices.

That's happened since forever hasn't it 

Do you think a new rule should be brought in?

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

That's happened since forever hasn't it 

Do you think a new rule should be brought in?

I can only really recall seeing goalies doing that in the past coupe of seasons or so but perhaps it's because it is done far more regularly now. A new rule for it.....don't think so as it is something like another pet hate of mine....running into a corner to waste time.

Yeah I hate it when they block the ball in corner flags. If you did that around the centre circle the ref would give an instant found for blocking the ball. But it's always allowed in the corner flag..