New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

UEFA Account 3rd European Tournament: Europa League 2

I heard on the news whilst I was driving, that UEFA are creating a new cup so that will be three cups now. 

I don't really like the European cups, probably because boro are never in them, but your now going to have:

Champions League
Europa League
Europa League 2

WTF!!!!

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I heard on the news whilst I was driving, that UEFA are creating a new cup so that will be three cups now. 

I don't really like the European cups, probably because boro are never in them, but your now going to have:

Champions League
Europa League
Europa League 2

WTF!!!!

Honest to fuck......apart from the no doubt politics which will surround this (ie big countries, amount of entries, seedings & whatever other shit they can think of) it is only going back to what is was when I was growing up. 1) European Cup.....2) European Cup Winners Cup & 3) The Fairs City Cup (entry to which depended on your team's final league placing).

Cup winners cup made sense, the cup winners all go in an individual competition for cup winners only. 

Europa league 2 is pathetic, it's going to mid table clubs (like United before anyone says it)

Which sounds great for clubs like Crystal Palace and Southampton, but in reality, there will be little prize money and little interest for sponsors. It will end up costing clubs more money to compete than they will make through the gates and prize fund. 

I'm sure clubs have enough games they have to get through during the season, without adding any more.