Jump to content
The Realist

New Car Time Again.

Recommended Posts

This time it's a bit different for me, as i have for the last 20+ years had either a company car, or car allowance. This time i will be buying it myself. It's very confusing. Test drove a Jag XE, drives like a dream, very economical, luxurious interior tho it is just so small inside, probably  less room than a Ford Focus, so that's a no no. Not sure how Jaguar managed that one.  Also a Volvo, nice but the doors are so small, i am wondering just how the feck people get in and out, it really was uncomfortable, also i am not keen on touchscreens. Had an E-class 2 years ago was lovely, tho all the gloss black always looked dirty and dusty which always annoyed me and the seats were artificial leather.

So iv'e got it down to the Audi A6, yet to test drive, Jaguar XF,(doubt i would buy a JLR car tho) or BMW 5 series, which is easily the best previous saloon car  iv'e had. Am also gonna look at Lexus, possibly even the Ford Kuga.

Any other thought's or ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Realist said:

This time it's a bit different for me, as i have for the last 20+ years had either a company car, or car allowance. This time i will be buying it myself. It's very confusing. Test drove a Jag XE, drives like a dream, very economical, luxurious interior tho it is just so small inside, probably  less room than a Ford Focus, so that's a no no. Not sure how Jaguar managed that one.  Also a Volvo, nice but the doors are so small, i am wondering just how the feck people get in and out, it really was uncomfortable, also i am not keen on touchscreens. Had an E-class 2 years ago was lovely, tho all the gloss black always looked dirty and dusty which always annoyed me and the seats were artificial leather.

So iv'e got it down to the Audi A6, yet to test drive, Jaguar XF,(doubt i would buy a JLR car tho) or BMW 5 series, which is easily the best previous saloon car  iv'e had. Am also gonna look at Lexus, possibly even the Ford Kuga.

Any other thought's or ideas?

Yes, get yourself a Vauxhall Mokka.

Lovely motor!

It is a little thirsty, but that shouldn't be a problem to a man of such wealth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know little about cars so I just go on what is pleasing on the eye and at the moment I really like the new Audi Q8 but at a price of around £65 K it's out of my price range.

Audi Q8 front

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Locke said:

Yes, get yourself a Vauxhall Mokka.

Lovely motor!

It is a little thirsty, but that shouldn't be a problem to a man of such wealth.

Not sure i could spend a penny on a Vauxhall fella. The brand of car that came in 37 out of 38, for reliability in Auto Express survey, and bottom of the car buyer survey. also the brand that top our roadside recovery for call outs. My personal experience of Vauxhall was a company Vectra many years ago that had 2 head gaskets  water pump and aircon go in the first 30k miles. also a Meriva as a hire car with under 300 miles on the clock, when i went to adjust the rear view mirror which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, it came off in my hand, then after picking up a passenger, when they closed their door, the feckin door mirror was hanging by it's wires.

Aside from that, one of those Mokka's denied me my pre shift coffee on Wednesday by breaking down on the motorway and causing chaos, feckin thing couldn't even make it to the hard shoulder, 67 plate too.In my opinion, they are ugly cheap nasty tacky looking things. I hate the look of the newer Citreon's too, did David Blunkett design these things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Harold said:

I know little about cars so I just go on what is pleasing on the eye and at the moment I really like the new Audi Q8 but at a price of around £65 K it's out of my price range.

Audi Q8 front

I had the Q7 a few years back, it was a lovely motor,tho it did like a drink. That car was my first experience of reversing cameras, which i found kind of weird for a while, they were needed tho as it was a hell of a thing to park.

That pic you posted is a seriously lovely looking car, (dodgy colour tho). In the time since i had my Q7 car technology has moved on so much, I'm gonna take a look at it, also where i live, it makes sense to have a 4x4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Realist said:

I had the Q7 a few years back, it was a lovely motor,tho it did like a drink. That car was my first experience of reversing cameras, which i found kind of weird for a while, they were needed tho as it was a hell of a thing to park.

That pic you posted is a seriously lovely looking car, (dodgy colour tho). In the time since i had my Q7 car technology has moved on so much, I'm gonna take a look at it, also where i live, it makes sense to have a 4x4.

Yeah that is why I have a 4x4.

Our road is steep but mine makes light work of it in Winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after looking at several cars, the decision is made, helped by having a mate working at a BMW, dealership who can get me an ex demo in February, which comes fully loaded. Am looking forward to the day i get it, I always likes BMW's.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2018 at 15:46, Locke said:

You have a mate everywhere don't you?

Is that you in the picture?

I do have a lot of mates, due to having a great social life over many a year, also several contacts through work over the years. There's really no need to be jealous, it really isn't my fault you have no friends!

Anyhow back on topic, what do you think of my car choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Realist said:

I do have a lot of mates, due to having a great social life over many a year, also several contacts through work over the years. There's really no need to be jealous, it really isn't my fault you have no friends!

Anyhow back on topic, what do you think of my car choice?

Shite mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.