iscomir

Who's the best player in the world?

2 hours ago, iscomir said:

Cristiano Ronaldo

or

Lionel Messi

Please view above link and comment below

Why do you wish links viewed with such a simple question ? I'm very wary about doing this with someone I don't know so I won't be doing that. My answer is Ronaldo.

Depends what you are looking for really, I love to watch creative players. 

David Silva is phenomenal at the moment as is Luka Modric. 

15 hours ago, iscomir said:

Arguably Jimmy Page, the Eric Clapton is decent, and very under rated is Brian May of Queen fame.

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Arguably Jimmy Page, the Eric Clapton is decent, and very under rated is Brian May of Queen fame.

All about tastes...I believe Clapton to be the best.

Slash and Angus Young ain't three bad either.

25 minutes ago, Locke said:

All about tastes...I believe Clapton to be the best.

Slash and Angus Young ain't three bad either.

Iv'e played guitar for over 40 years, and the most difficult style to play, is Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits fame, also the late Rick Parfitt of Status Quo, using a 14-56 gauge of strings playing how he did, is feckin almost unimaginable.

I love Slash, and his style, tho not particularly hard to play, same as Clapton, and Angus Young, fairly simple stuff for a half decent guitarist, Pete Townsends stuff is harder to play, as is Brian May. That Mark feckin Knopfler tho, very difficult. John Fogerty also throws a few tricky little bits in his stuff.

All truly great musicians which i greatly admire, tho sadly for us, as each one passes, they seem to get replaced by some SAW, type electronic crap sounding thing.

Rory Gallagher....THE man imo. Joe Bonamassa plays a mean axe also. Have a look on youtube of him playing Slo Gin.

2 minutes ago, Locke said:

I think we are all overlooking a certain Mr Hendrix and Chuck Berry.

Not at all on my part anyway Locke.....both great guitarists but not, imo, in Gallagher's class. All about opinions and how the individual relates to each. Btw....the other week by chance I came upon a youtube video of Stevie Ray Vaughn playing Voodoo Child....far superior to Hendrix.