Jump to content
The Realist

The Christmas 2018 Thread!

Recommended Posts

We normally get a turkey crown out of M & S for Christmas but I've went off turkey as I've started finding it too dry so this year I'm getting one of their chickens. The wife has bought a lump of brisket for herself and a couple of fillet steaks for later in the week. I'm also going to buy a selection of their party grub for tea one night. Starters shall be smoked salmon and king prawns in a seafood sauce for me and a mixed fruit thingy for the wife. But as usual on the menu for the mains will be sprouts...I fucking love sprouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American turkey is better than British turkey.

However, our chicken is best by far.

All to do with the feed I tell ye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harold said:

We normally get a turkey crown out of M & S for Christmas

Always a good shout that.Mrs SA will be getting one, she also will be doing gammon and pork. We have the whole tribe coming to our house for Xmas this year. First time in a few years we have had all of them together, so she had gone a bit OTT. Can't agree on the sprouts tho, I cant even sit by somebody who has them on their plate, i think they are vile. Luckily all the family are the same except the Grand daughter, tho she wont be getting any this year.

Sprouts are a bit like Marmite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Realist said:

Can't agree on the sprouts tho, I cant even sit by somebody who has them on their plate, i think they are vile.

:flashing-lol:

11 hours ago, The Realist said:

Luckily all the family are the same except the Grand daughter, tho she wont be getting any this year.

Boooo! That is terrible....poor wee mite.

 

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The missus and her friend are going out shopping later so I'm going to take the opportunity and get her wee pressies wrapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Harold said:

The missus and her friend are going out shopping later so I'm going to take the opportunity and get her wee pressies wrapped.

Mrs SA, ordered her own presents off me online using my card to pay for them, knowing i don't have a clue what they are,which has somehow turned into me not getting her any presents. women's logic is feckin weird. Tho any creature that can bleed for a week and not die, is weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Locke said:

Living it large i am.

Just had a decent session in a bar across the street for 20 dollars 

 

IMG_20181219_202731467.jpg

Jeezo....that telly is needing updated mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Harold said:

Jeezo....that telly is needing updated mate.

Haha it is meant to be retro mate.

The only modern thing in the place is a router which is a good thing really as it enables me to post on here! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Realist said:

Trailer park trash on show right there fella.

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

Get to bed your shift at Poundland starts soon. Mommy has made you a ham sandwich no doubt Mr Mitty. :laughing-smiley-face:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Locke said:

I would just like to wish all of my mates on here a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Enjoy yourselves! 

same to yourself Locke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah hope you all have a dectb Christmas. The missus is driving to Ipswich tomorrow as her brother is doing s dinner and all her family is going.

I'm minding the dogs ha, I'm off to my parents for crimbo dinner. She's driving tonight and it's supposed to be bad with fog vhipefully she gets there aleight. Doesn't set off until 6 ISH tongiht as shes working then she's driving back up here tomorrow after her lunch a shes working boxing day. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah hope you all have a dectb Christmas. The missus is driving to Ipswich tomorrow as her brother is doing s dinner and all her family is going.

I'm minding the dogs ha, I'm off to my parents for crimbo dinner. She's driving tonight and it's supposed to be bad with fog vhipefully she gets there aleight. Doesn't set off until 6 ISH tongiht as shes working then she's driving back up here tomorrow after her lunch a shes working boxing day. Lol

Sounds like you have the TV and house to yourself. :super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/12/2018 at 01:34, Locke said:

Living it large i am.

Just had a decent session in a bar across the street for 20 dollars 

 

IMG_20181219_202731467.jpg

Whats with that TV?

You gone back in time haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Whats with that TV?

You gone back in time haha

Retro house.

There is a huge flat screen in basement. I can't be arsed to go down there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, done not bad at all....got a good few book gift cards, cinema vouchers (between us), sweets and a couple of litre bottles of spicey capn. Went out to the crematorium & cemetery and laid flowers for my mum, dad & gran....had a bit toast and now just have to wait till dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the cemetery run to my Mom's grave last week.

I know I have cinema vouchers too off my one daughter.

Other than that it is only 8:20 here so waiting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.