My Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Realist

Next Man Utd Manager!

He won't go but I think the Spurs gaffer could do a decent job (not sure how to spell his name....:flashing-lol: ). Solskjaer ? Who has he managed and how successful has he been ? Btw....that isn't a dig, a genuine question.

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Solskjaer lol, this goes from bad to worse for United.

How you work that one out?

He was on a hiding to nothing taking on a sinking ship in Cardiff, if we were writing off managers for bad decisions you'd have to say 90% of them are crap. 

Personally think it's a clever appointment (if it happens) the board know they've got a loved former player on board and they know he's got the fans on his side. 

On 19/12/2018 at 07:53, Red Devil said:

He was on a hiding to nothing taking on a sinking ship in Cardiff, if we were writing off managers for bad decisions you'd have to say 90% of them are crap. 

Personally think it's a clever appointment (if it happens) the board know they've got a loved former player on board and they know he's got the fans on his side. 

Cardiff isn't Manchester United. Slightly more at stake with United, including a huge amount of pressure. I don't think he'll do any good but when am I ever right. That's just my gut feeling. I think you need s well established manager who isn't big headed like mourinho was and who also doesbt blame everyone else when things go bad and who doesn't take all the credit when things are going good again like mourinho. 

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Cardiff isn't Manchester United. Slightly more at stake with United, including a huge amount of pressure. I don't think he'll do any good but when am I ever right. That's just my gut feeling. I think you need s well established manager who isn't big headed like mourinho was and who also doesbt blame everyone else when things go bad and who doesn't take all the credit when things are going good again like mourinho. 

But clearly we can't get the man we want now, hence why we are running with a caretaker. Look things can't get any worse than the situation with Mourinho, he'd destroyed the harmony of the players and fans.

Man It's have to face facts that they are no longer the best and that managers are happy to work elsewhere these days.

Simply put....At this moment they are struggling to attract a big name.

21 minutes ago, Viktor Brezdev said:

Let"s remember Solskjaer career.

Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-The-Baby-faced-Assassin.jpg

What is your point with that picture Viktor ? Do you believe he is the right man for the job or not ?

I believe he's the right man, he needs a director of football but he should be named head coach and take over now rather than be given the role at the end of the season. 

He's brought the feel-good factor back and he knows the club inside out. If he fails he fails, I'd rather one of our own is given a go than some dodgy name who will try and change everything to his system and ways. 

1 hour ago, Red Devil said:

I believe he's the right man, he needs a director of football but he should be named head coach and take over now rather than be given the role at the end of the season. 

He's brought the feel-good factor back and he knows the club inside out. If he fails he fails, I'd rather one of our own is given a go than some dodgy name who will try and change everything to his system and ways. 

I'd wait until the end of the season, that's the right thing to do. You've not really played any hard games since he took over. 

I would defo keep Ole,but,Phelan and Carrick have to be included in this,which should be expected

Played 11  won 9  drawn 2  in last 11 domestic games

PS......Jozay is a cunt,never like him

All this shite talk he couldn't attract big players,fuck sake wind yer neck in,it's MUFC that is the attraction

For the record,i am old school,gimme the FA Cup before 4th place,a pot is a pot,4th place don't show up in your honours list

On 10/01/2019 at 20:57, Red Devil said:

Teams are also starting to fear United again, they haven't had that fear factor for a few years.

4 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Teams are also starting to fear United again, they haven't had that fear factor for a few years.

Fantastic mate, he's got the other big teams number as well. 

Liverpool never looked like scoring last week and through putting up the bus. He just installed a great shape to the team and good team spirit. 

Mourinho wouldn't have beat Palace 3-1 in midweek, it would have back to the wall defending. 

11 minutes ago, The Realist said:

On paper Utd had the players,unfortunately Jozay's tactics held them all back which is fucking criminal

I remember Utd being 1 up v Norwich in Moyes first season,81st min he takes Rooney off and puts on defender,Norwich equalise and our biggest goal threat is getting a shower

Regards Ole,Utd are winning but still putting on strikers,the UTD way

On 01/03/2019 at 21:45, The Realist said:

Pogba is the ultimate example, Jose playing him defensive mid, was a bit loony IMO. Just look at the difference now.

Influencing games in the way we bought him for, you add a couple of top-class players to this team in the summer and were challenging for titles.

On 19/12/2018 at 07:53, Red Devil said:

Just thought I'd quote myself on this one.

Back in December I did nothing but defend Ole to United fans that wanted to use Cardiff as a reason why Ole wasn't fit for the United job. Personally, the only thing that Ole can be accused of doing with that position is jumping into a job that was basically on hiding to nothing. 

I've always maintained there are managers who can manage and motivate low-class players (Big Sam example) and there are managers/coaches who can only coach and motivate the elite level of player. I always thought he was the perfect fit for the club I just didn't know if the players were good enough, well I now believe 80% of the squad is good enough and was being mismanaged. 

If he wins something or not this season he's proven he can coach and manage elite players, Ole can be what Pep was for Barca for United.