Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

boro_boy

London zoo

Recommended Posts

Went last week when I was in London , it's the best zoo I've been too. Edinburgh was good too and nothing beats seeing the Pandas but London zoo was all round better.

 

IMG_20181221_111142.jpg

IMG_20181221_112826.jpg

IMG_20181221_122114.jpg

IMG_20181221_121632.jpg

IMG_20181221_130042.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a fan of zoo's in general, but I heard London Zoo is very good.

Whipsnead or is it Whipsnade is the best I have been to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate the ideas of zoos. They should be banned. Wild animals should not be kept in small enclosures. They should be able to live their lives in their natural environments without fear of so called big game hunters who are not 'hunters' but basically cowards and I'd destroy every fucking one of them. Poachers also....fucking annihilate them....no mamby pamby fucking about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Went last week when I was in London , it's the best zoo I've been too. Edinburgh was good too and nothing beats seeing the Pandas but London zoo was all round better.

 

IMG_20181221_111142.jpg

IMG_20181221_112826.jpg

IMG_20181221_122114.jpg

IMG_20181221_121632.jpg

IMG_20181221_130042.jpg

I find these pictures appalling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harold said:

Hate the ideas of zoos. They should be banned. Wild animals should not be kept in small enclosures. They should be able to live their lives in their natural environments without fear of so called big game hunters who are not 'hunters' but basically cowards and I'd destroy every fucking one of them. Poachers also....fucking annihilate them....no mamby pamby fucking about!

Zoos play a big role in conservation of endangered animals!!

Without them lots of animals would become extinct due to deforestation, china and their medicine, illegal trade and loss off territory. They also do breeding programmes, zoos play a vital role in our horrible world we live in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Zoos play a big role in conservation of endangered animals!!

Without them lots of animals would become extinct due to deforestation, china and their medicine, illegal trade and loss off territory. They also do breeding programmes, zoos play a vital role in our horrible world we live in!

Agreed, but it would be better if the animals were given a bit more space.

Perhaps safari parks would be a better option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

26 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Agreed, but it would be better if the animals were given a bit more space.

Perhaps safari parks would be a better option.

Whipsnade is like that.

I believe it is one of the largest wildlife parks in Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Zoos play a big role in conservation of endangered animals!!

I disagree. 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Without them lots of animals would become extinct due to deforestation, china and their medicine, illegal trade and loss off territory.

To do what ? Keep them in small enclosures ? If more was done to outlaw the manmade savaging of their environment and slaughter by poachers and trophy then the indignity of being caged up in far too small enclosures would be redundant. If they are to be protected in some form then zoos are not the way. Large open wildlife parks & nature reserves is a far better option.

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

They also do breeding programmes,

To do what with the animals....stick them in an enclosure ?

 

Have a read at these links...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4556644/Truth-zoos-shocking-evidence-reveals-failings.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lion-who-died-safari-park-11966316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

Agreed, but it would be better if the animals were given a bit more space.

Perhaps safari parks would be a better option.

Yeah I totally agree with that. But zoos are better than nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.