The Realist

New Year's Plans!

So what are your plans for Hogmany? And also the rest of the year? Resolutions etc.

Nothing major for me, Early meal at the local (purely to secure a table), where we will be staying for the night. Singer, Band and DJ, First time in 10 years we will have all our kids with us for the new year.

15 minutes ago, The Realist said:

So what are your plans for Hogmany? And also the rest of the year? Resolutions etc.

Nothing major for me, Early meal at the local (purely to secure a table), where we will be staying for the night. Singer, Band and DJ, First time in 10 years we will have all our kids with us for the new year.

Grandson over.

Spending NYE with him and the wife and a Chinese.

Drop him back NYD then beers with the old man at the boozer.

21 minutes ago, Locke said:

Grandson over.

Spending NYE with him and the wife and a Chinese.

Drop him back NYD then beers with the old man at the boozer.

So babysitting, then it's your time on NYD, Could be a wise move that.We refused to have the Grandson this NYE, as we planned on going out ourselves, after all the sulking from the daughter etc, it has worked out great, as we are all together for the first time in years, and she has had to sort a babysitter, which as it turns out is the grand daughter, as i have refused to bankroll her for new years eve.

19 minutes ago, redblood said:

I’m open to either or both :banana:

Probably won't be too fussed after large quantities of beer either. Tho you may find less hair in a curry.

I feckin hate those spiders legs that somehow pop out of their underwear.

Edited by The Realist

3 hours ago, The Realist said:

So babysitting, then it's your time on NYD, Could be a wise move that.We refused to have the Grandson this NYE, as we planned on going out ourselves, after all the sulking from the daughter etc, it has worked out great, as we are all together for the first time in years, and she has had to sort a babysitter, which as it turns out is the grand daughter, as i have refused to bankroll her for new years eve.

Yup. Babysitting suits me fine.

To many bellends out on NYE.

Take away and a few cans. In bed by ten.

7 hours ago, Locke said:

Yup. Babysitting suits me fine.

Take away and a few cans. In bed by ten.

Not that I would normally endorse Sky News but if you’re at home put it on at 8pm and watch Dubai welcome the new year 

no one does it better 

Used to go out on Hogmanay to a pub or a party when we younger but honestly can't be arsed with it nowadays plus we'll have to put AGAIN with fucking arsholes letting off fireworks (bombs actually). Ao it will be no different from any other day....off to bed early and up sharpish next morning. New Yeear's day will nice and peaceful, few drinks before dinner, I'll have been at the bookies and put on a couple of coupons so I'll sit and watch te scores coming in then din dins!

Next year ? It will be what it will be.

18 hours ago, The Realist said:

I'll be sat in my house comforting one of my dogs as cunts will be setting off fireworks all evening! I'll watch the last leg, then the fireworks on BBC, then off to bed.

18 hours ago, Locke said:

Have to agree, feck knows where they all come from. I reckon it's probably the only night of the year they go out, so many pubs closing cos of these types. Birmingham has more pub closures recently then anywhere in the UK.

Get of your feckin Playstation and go out and enjoy yourselves people.

Working hard all week to spend the weekend on Facebook an Xbox or PS, these types need to get a feckin life.

35 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Have to agree, feck knows where they all come from. I reckon it's probably the only night of the year they go out, so many pubs closing cos of these types. Birmingham has more pub closures recently then anywhere in the UK.

Working hard all week to spend the weekend on Facebook an Xbox or PS, these types need to get a feckin life.

This may have a lot to do with there ain't that many traditional Brummies about now.

Pubs don't fit into multicultural Birmingham.

Shame really 

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

46 minutes ago, Locke said:

This may have a lot to do with there ain't that many traditional Brummies about now.

Shame really 

Less and less people are drinking these days. I think that's trend will continue. 

3 hours ago, Locke said:

Shame really 

That's the reason i left Birmingham, and chose to live in an area with a 98.6% white British population, and believe me it is feckin wonderful, My new postcode has had less crime in 3 years than my old one did in a week. People still go to the pub and socialize it really is very nice, no stabbings, shootings, etc. it's like what we used to have in Brum @Locke . There are 28 houses around where i live, I became the 15th person to buy one, who was a Brummie, they all say the same thing how horrible Brum has become. It really saddens me, Feeling like iv'e been driven out of my own city to live a decent life.

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Less and less people are drinking these days. I think that's trend will continue. 

People are still drinking, they just buy from the supermarkets and drink in the house.

8 hours ago, The Realist said:

That's the reason i left Birmingham, and chose to live in an area with a 98.6% white British population, and believe me it is feckin wonderful, My new postcode has had less crime in 3 years than my old one did in a week. People still go to the pub and socialize it really is very nice, no stabbings, shootings, etc. it's like what we used to have in Brum @Locke . There are 28 houses around where i live, I became the 15th person to buy one, who was a Brummie, they all say the same thing how horrible Brum has become. It really saddens me, Feeling like iv'e been driven out of my own city to live a decent life.

People are still drinking, they just buy from the supermarkets and drink in the house.

All these millenials, well some of them are t-total. 

I couldn't be t-total but I always stop drinking for Janaury  nowadays.

I don't remember the last time I went out to a proper pub. I usually drink at home, went out for a few Christmas drinks at turtle Bay but thats not a proper pub!!

13 hours ago, The Realist said:

What if that is what they work hard and look forward to doing that though?

You like the pub, but they prefer the Play Station. That doesn't mean they need to get a life or have lesser values than you. It just means that is what they like doing.

Not everyone will see the New Year in by drinking or feeling the need to go to a pub.

Edited by Locke

On 29/12/2018 at 09:00, Locke said:

What if that is what they work hard and look forward to doing that though?

You like the pub, but they prefer the Play Station. That doesn't mean they need to get a life or have lesser values than you. It just means that is what they like doing.

I can honestly say, i know people in their 20's who have never been in a pub, not sure what they really know about life or what their values really can be living such a sheltered life with mommy & daddy. Their only hope of ever meeting a partner will no doubt be via a dating site, I feel very sorry for those types of people. 

Doubt i will be on tomorrow, as i will be out living a life, so i will say this to you all now,whatever you choose to do tomorrow, enjoy yourself stay safe, take care of yourselves and each other.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

happy new year..jpg

Edited by The Realist

10 minutes ago, The Realist said:

I can honestly say, i know people in their 20's who have never been in a pub, not sure what they really know about life or what their values really can be living such a sheltered life with mommy & daddy. Their only hope of ever meeting a partner will no doubt be via a dating site, I feel very sorry for those types of people. 

Doubt i will be on tomorrow, as i will be out living a life, so i will say this to you all now,whatever you choose to do tomorrow, enjoy yourself stay safe, take care of yourselves and each other.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

happy new year..jpg

And the folk at home on the play station living their life how they choose will have an equally good day.

Not everyone needs the pub or to go out to have a good time 

I feel very sorry for anyone who cannot understand that.

8 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Taking the kids down to Manchester town hall for the firework display, it's an alcohol-free zone so hopefully, it's well policed so the dickheads are kept well away. 

Top bloke! I salute you.

1 minute ago, Locke said:

And the folk at home on the play station living their life how they choose will have an equally good day.

Not everyone needs the pub or to go out to have a good time 

I feel very sorry for anyone who cannot understand that.

Never wanted this to turn into an argument fella, tho as usual your trying to be your usual self. I can understand that, what you seem unable to understand, is that i feel sorry for those types of people, as their is a big wide world out there, and they are never going to discover it.

I hope you took the time to read the last few lines of my post tho, and yet again, I wish you and yours a happy new year.

I have the.missuses sister round now with her 3 month old who's over from China for Christmas. Her feller left her 1nweeo after she gave birth then they got back together and on the plane journey home he said he didn't want to be with her so she's staying at mine for a week.

Having a few drinks tomorrow now. 

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I have the.missuses sister round now with her 3 month old who's over from China for Christmas. Her feller left her 1nweeo after she gave birth then they got back together and on the plane journey home he said he didn't want to be with her so she's staying at mine for a week.

Having a few drinks tomorrow now. 

He sounds a right twat!

25 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Never wanted this to turn into an argument fella, tho as usual your trying to be your usual self. I can understand that, what you seem unable to understand, is that i feel sorry for those types of people, as their is a big wide world out there, and they are never going to discover it.

I hope you took the time to read the last few lines of my post tho, and yet again, I wish you and yours a happy new year.

Don't feel sorry for them.

They are happy and don't need sympathy.

I read all your post and am telling you not to worry about them.

Honestly they are fine! 

No argument intended. Just a different view point.