Hairy Scot

A question for Harold

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:
Why is Dunfermline vs Falkirk known as "The Fife Derby"?
Has Falkirk moved counties?

I've never heard it called that mate & no, Falkirk is still in Stirlingshire.  It certainly isn't a derby such as we would think them to be. I 'think' the pundits, journos may use the word 'derby' due to the intense rivalry the clubs have and the utter hatred the fans have for each other.....also the fact that Falkirk is rarely in the same division as Stenhousemuir who are really the derby opposition.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

I've never heard it called that mate & no, Falkirk is still in Stirlingshire.  It certainly isn't a derby such as we would think them to be. I 'think' the pundits, journos may use the word 'derby' due to the intense rivalry the clubs have and the utter hatred the fans have for each other.....also the fact that Falkirk is rarely in the same division as Stenhousemuir who are really the derby opposition.

I guess Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers would be better candidates for a Fife Derby.

BTW: I was not serious about Falkirk having moved.   :mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon: