Sign in to follow this  
The Realist

Celebrity Death Thread 2019!

37 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Ranking roger-The Beat, proper brummie legend.

Without doubt the kindest, humblest famous person I have ever met. Absolutely devastated at this news. RIP Roger.KRO.

RIP.....only 56.......great song

6 minutes ago, redblood said:

Negan?

No mate......the Nut is a guy who is a friend of Normski & Bastion and was on previous forums with us. Wing Nut, although a bit of a mad man, is sound.

16 hours ago, The Realist said:

Ranking roger-The Beat, proper brummie legend.

Without doubt the kindest, humblest famous person I have ever met. Absolutely devastated at this news. RIP Roger.KRO.

Not heard of.him. he's just been on the news and not.my.cup of tea. Sounds like seal and I don't like him. 

1 hour ago, Normski said:

RIP Tommy Smith,hard man in his day

I was gonna post about Tommy in this thread, tho i see some previous posts have gone way off topic, which in such a thread shows such a lack of respect for anything it's shocking. would also be good to see genuine words rather than screenshots off twitter which imo leave little if any room to follow on from.

Tommy smith type players go beyond celebrities anyhow in my opinion, they are legends, which puts them a rung above the modern day celebrity types.

I feel a bit saddened to hear of Tommy's death, yet if the whole cast of love island died tomorrow i can honestly say i wouldnt notice.

4 hours ago, The Realist said:

I was gonna post about Tommy in this thread, tho i see some previous posts have gone way off topic, which in such a thread shows such a lack of respect for anything it's shocking. would also be good to see genuine words rather than screenshots off twitter which imo leave little if any room to follow on from.

Tommy smith type players go beyond celebrities anyhow in my opinion, they are legends, which puts them a rung above the modern day celebrity types.

I feel a bit saddened to hear of Tommy's death, yet if the whole cast of love island died tomorrow i can honestly say i wouldnt notice.

Perhaps the moderators can delete some of the dubious posts on this thread.

The way off topic posts have been deleted. There was no offence intended, simply a bit veering. However due to the nature of the thread they have been removed. As for Twitter posts or typed messages, that's down to the individual.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

As for Twitter posts or typed messages, that's down to the individual.

Not everyone would know who Tommy Smith was,the Twitter post was spot on from his former club and i added my own words,,there's nothing to stop people adding their own personal thoughts,for someone to say you can't folow it on because it's been summed up is childish but hey ho opinions vary

As for the thread title,i would change it to the Obituary Thread

19 minutes ago, Normski said:

Not everyone would know who Tommy Smith was,the Twitter post was spot on from his former club and i added my own words,,there's nothing to stop people adding their own personal thoughts,for someone to say you can't folow it on because it's been summed up is childish but hey ho opinions vary

As for the thread title,i would change it to the Obituary Thread

Don't know why you're quoting me Norm. When I mentioned....As for Twitter posts or typed messages, that's down to the individual......that was in response to the Realist's comment. It makes no difference to me mate.

29 minutes ago, Harold said:

Don't know why you're quoting me Norm. When I mentioned....As for Twitter posts or typed messages, that's down to the individual......that was in response to the Realist's comment. It makes no difference to me mate.

I should have said Dug i agree with what you said

15 hours ago, The Realist said:

Do you think it's ok to Grandstand about respect to the point were you find it shocking,

Yet post about the death of Love Island cast members, one of whom was found dead recently, in such a disrespectful way?

Each to there own, I just thought it a bit ironic......

Posted (edited)

Another Lisbon Lion has passed on:-

Full name Thomas Stephen Chalmers
Date of birth 26 December 1935
Place of birth Glasgow, Scotland
Date of death 29 April 2019 (aged 83)
Playing position Centre forward / Outside right

Like many Celtic players of that era he was respected by many fans of other teams.

RIP Stevie

Edited by Hairy Scot

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Another Lisbon Lion has passed on:-

Full name Thomas Stephen Chalmers
Date of birth 26 December 1935
Place of birth Glasgow, Scotland
Date of death 29 April 2019 (aged 83)
Playing position Centre forward / Outside right

Like many Celtic players of that era he was respected by many fans of other teams.

RIP Stevie

Aye, it's all over my timeline, played for Glentoran v One of the Prague teams......

RIP

And Stevie Chalmers was his hero.  Brian would write to Stevie every week and Stevie rather than reply would visit him both at home in ochiltree and in the hospital when he was going through tests and when he was poor. This photograph is of Brian outside his back door

With Stevie's European cup winning shirt and shorts from 1967 final. Brian also received hand signed photographs from all the Inter Milan squad wishing him well as he fought his illness.  When Brian passed away aged just 17 , Stevie was first on the phone to my gran and grandad

To pass on his condolences, Stevie then came to my uncle Brian's funeral with a wreath from Celtic football club. I wasn't born to witness all this, I wish I was though but I will cherish the stories, Stevie you were a star to my family and will always be remembered

May you rest in peace and I hope you can enjoy another kick about with Brian up in the football fields of heaven 😢

As I intimated earlier, Stevie was part of a breed of players which is now sadly missing from Scottish football.

In his day the players respected each other; there was rarely any of the violence and tit for tat between players that is now common in the modern game.

Back then it was unheard of for a manager to approach the opposition dugout before the customary handshakes at full time.

Could you imagine Scot Symon and Jock Stein butting heads?

R.I.P.Freddie Starr 76 years old 

now was it the hamster. Sorry he died of a heart attack 

16 minutes ago, Makdee said:

R.I.P.Freddie Starr 76 years old 

now was it the hamster. Sorry he died of a heart attack 

Loved Freddie starr, I have had the honour of seeing him live, what a funny man, who unbeknown too many, never actually drank alcohol.

Not many real comedians left now, Jim Davidson, Roy Chubby Brown, Jethro, cant really think of any more, due to political correctness killing comedy. That Flannigan bloke is supposed to be a big star of comedy nowadays, tho he is just a poor mans Jim Davidson, re doing everything Jim has done just a little more PC.All we gonna have to laugh at soon is DVD's of the old school comedians. Tho Bradley Walsh does a good borderline show.