Tattoos

Mr Magnificent

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Locke said:

You got any?

I have nine but they are all in well hidden places.

Artwork has come on hugely in the past few years.

I think tattoos on the hands, neck or head are just crap and really tacky

Elsewhere they look ok though.

Don't see the point in them. I have none

wanted one when I was 18 so when me & my mates went to Blackpool for a weekend I got one of an Eagle on my forearm. That was me until 1998 when I got one of a butterfly on my right shoulder from a local guy....that's all I have.

8 hours ago, Harold said:

wanted one when I was 18 so when me & my mates went to Blackpool for a weekend I got one of an Eagle on my forearm. That was me until 1998 when I got one of a butterfly on my right shoulder from a local guy....that's all I have.

Back in the day a whole load of people came back from Blackpool with a tattoo, my brother being one of them too.

Edited by The Realist

4 minutes ago, Locke said:

Those ones on the sides of the hands and neck are awful. So tacky.

Agree 100%, I have a tattoo at the top of each arm, both have a meaning to me and always will have. I was i a supermarket a few days ago, and the checkout girl had them going up her neck, looked feckin awful, such a pretty girl too. We are heading towards a nation having a generation of old women covered in tattoos.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Agree 100%, I have a tattoo at the top of each arm, both have a meaning to me and always will have. I was i a supermarket a few days ago, and the checkout girl had them going up her neck, looked feckin awful, such a pretty girl too. We are heading towards a nation having a generation of old women covered in tattoos.

Shocking innit?

As a high profile manager would you employ anyone with tattoos on their Andy handys?

13 minutes ago, Locke said:

Shocking innit?

As a high profile manager would you employ anyone with tattoos on their Andy handys?

If that person had the appropriate skills and experience for the job, i wouldn't hesitate.

If i was in a position of having to employ somebody maybe in a position of serving food in public or similar, i may think twice, after thinking about the tattoos, which may be a black mark against them, i would also reflect on their other talent's. If their skill's matched the job requirements and they had the right attitude, i would give them the job.

So many managers need to realize they are only as good as their staff, and having the right staff, makes a managers life so much easier.

24 minutes ago, Locke said:

So, managers with neck and hand tattoos are ok in your book?

Anybody i interview for a job, showing me the right attitude, desire, skill's and experience is fine by me. I really don't give a feck what they are, black white straight gay whatever, i do not have to like them to work with them. If i have a position to fill i want the most suitable person i can find to fill it. If it came to the wire,between 2 or more people tattoos would not be a deciding factor, maybe a 2nd interview bringing in another manager for another opinion.

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Anybody i interview for a job, showing me the right attitude, desire, skill's and experience is fine by me. I really don't give a feck what they are, black white straight gay whatever, i do not have to like them to work with them. If i have a position to fill i want the most suitable person i can find to fill it. If it came to the wire,between 2 or more people tattoos would not be a deciding factor, maybe a 2nd interview bringing in another manager for another opinion.

But you are anti gay....You have openly said you can't help the way you feel.

How could you treat them fairly?

5 minutes ago, Locke said:

Never said i'm anti gay, what i have openly said is i am not comfortable being around gay people, in the same way some are with spiders. Can't help that, tho if he's the best man for the job so be it. I'm also not comfortable getting up at 3am, or working night's. I never have and never will allow my personal views to cloud my judgement at work. I think it's called being professional.

Edited by The Realist

Guest Red Devil
14 hours ago, The Realist said:

Never said i'm anti gay, what i have openly said is i am not comfortable being around gay people, in the same way some are with spiders. Can't help that, tho if he's the best man for the job so be it. I'm also not comfortable getting up at 3am, or working night's. I never have and never will allow my personal views to cloud my judgement at work. I think it's called being professional.

14 hours ago, Locke said:

I'm going to have to back Realist on this one Locke, I'm not anti-gay myself but I agree I also feel uncomfortable around gay people.

1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

I'm going to have to back Realist on this one Locke, I'm not anti-gay myself but I agree I also feel uncomfortable around gay people.

Fine whatever floats your boat I am ok with.

I will say if someone is uncomfortable around something though it is usually because they object to it or don't like it.

Guest Red Devil
Just now, Locke said:

Fine whatever floats your boat I am ok with.

I will say if someone is uncomfortable around something though it is usually because they object to it or don't like it.

No, it's more a case of I don't understand it or feel comfortable with it. If I said I agreed with it or thought it was correct I'd be lying, having said that being part of society is accepting not everything is the same and we're all different, I totally accept that in this case there are same-sexcouples.

Getting back on subject I find tattoos these days amazing but I wouldn't have one as at 37 years of age I feel I'm well past the age of inking my body. So in answer to your original question I don't have any tattoos.

• 6 months later...