The award to Qatar was disgraceful and was, irrespective of what FIFA have said, a blatant act of corruption! The way the actual labourers building the stadium have been treated is disgraceful and although I hate the phrase 'against my human rights' it certainly applies in this case. But par for for the course THAT was ignored....plus the fact that the whole footballing calendar is fucked up to suit this gross tournament. A fucking farce! If individual nations (European) had fucking balls & were willing to boycott it then FIFA would have buckled.

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

The award to Qatar was disgraceful and was, irrespective of what FIFA have said, a blatant act of corruption! The way the actual labourers building the stadium have been treated is disgraceful and although I hate the phrase 'against my human rights' it certainly applies in this case. But par for for the course THAT was ignored....plus the fact that the whole footballing calendar is fucked up to suit this gross tournament. A fucking farce! If individual nations (European) had fucking balls & were willing to boycott it then FIFA would have buckled.

Exactly, It's not about sport, it's money/corruption. Over 1500 people have allegedly lost there lives during construction, Can't confirm if it's true or not, or offer any sources, as it was something i read a good while back.

23 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Don't buy it, simple. 

Also, don't go and watch it in a pub in the UK. 

Wouldn't buy it fella, I will be watching the England games in a pub.

If i was given free match tickets and flight's i still wouldn't go, pretty much for the reason's the Harold has stated in his post.

40 minutes ago, The Realist said:

They've just raised the tax on alcohol by 100%  the world cup there is going to be a prawn sandwich brigade PR stunt IMO.

£84 for 24 cans, WTF?

Peanuts to a man of your wealth!

On 02/01/2019 at 18:45, Mr Magnificent said:

Surely we were talking about the price of beer? 

Yeah we was, tho again you turned it personal. What has my wealth which your entire post was about got to do with anything to do with the thread?.

Please explain.

I've deleted three posts in this thread. Seems to me it's a case of ping pong digs & attempts at 'oneupmanship'. This is getting fucking tiresome. Keep comments to anything to do with the Qatar World Cup please cos if the arseholery resumes the thread will be locked.

Play nice......:yes:

21 minutes ago, Harold said:

I've deleted three posts in this thread. Seems to me it's a case of ping pong digs & attempts at 'oneupmanship'. This is getting fucking tiresome. Keep comments to anything to do with the Qatar World Cup please cos if the arseholery resumes the thread will be locked.

Play nice......:yes:

Seems pretty fair to me H mate.

I imagine it will be pretty hot for the players.

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Seems pretty fair to me H mate.

I imagine it will be pretty hot for the players.

Not as hot as during the summer months when it SHOULD be played. As far as I recall there was no mention of moving it to winter months during the actual bid. 

4 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

To be fair I have little or no interest in the World Cup anymore. 

Ko times are a factor for me. i have little interest in most internationals but during close season if that's all that is on then I would watch if suitable but that could be fucked for a lot of games in 2022.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Ko times are a factor for me. i have little interest in most internationals but during close season if that's all that is on then I would watch if suitable but that could be fucked for a lot of games in 2022.

Me too mate 

Long gone are the days when I miss sleep to watch 22 fannies chase a ball around. I like my kip too much nowadays.