• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

When logging on to  the forum, the majority of what i see is staff picks, rather than the topic's. Just wondering how appealing this seems to somebody connecting to the site for the first time. could they not be placed somewhere that makes the homepage  seem more appealing? IE, lower dower down.

13 minutes ago, The Realist said:

When logging on to  the forum, the majority of what i see is staff picks, rather than the topic's. Just wondering how appealing this seems to somebody connecting to the site for the first time. could they not be placed somewhere that makes the homepage  seem more appealing? IE, lower dower down.

In your opinion would this get more people to join?

11 minutes ago, Locke said:

/In your opinion would this get more people to join?

Feck knows, tho when being faced with staff picks when clicking on a link to the site via google or whatevr, isn't the most welcoming thing's, and offers no immediate opportunity to respond to anything. How can a first time visitor respond to a staff pick?? Not the most appealing of welcomes is it really?

1st impressions mean a lot. That is why i always choose to wear a Hugo Boss suit when needed. and its always worked for me.

Lets be honest, we're the only members posting on this forum, all six of us!!

It feels like we've woken from a 50-year sleep on some spacecraft and there are only a handful of us alive. 

We're not getting any new members. 

55 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Lets be honest, we're the only members posting on this forum, all six of us!!

It feels like we've woken from a 50-year sleep on some spacecraft and there are only a handful of us alive. 

We're not getting any new members. 

Nah I don't think we get any either. But I'm keeping the forum open either way I'm only paying for hosting now as I don't have any subscription to keep the forum up to date anymore. 

9 hours ago, The Realist said:

Feck knows, tho when being faced with staff picks when clicking on a link to the site via google or whatevr, isn't the most welcoming thing's, and offers no immediate opportunity to respond to anything. How can a first time visitor respond to a staff pick?? Not the most appealing of welcomes is it really?

1st impressions mean a lot. That is why i always choose to wear a Hugo Boss suit when needed. and its always worked for me.

It is a smart move to wear that suit.

I always rely on my handsome looks, intelligence and charm when needed. They cost me nothing and work every time for me.

On 03/01/2019 at 23:02, boro_boy said:

Nah I don't think we get any either. But I'm keeping the forum open either way I'm only paying for hosting now as I don't have any subscription to keep the forum up to date anymore. 

Over and above Realist's suggestion....any chance you could put 'members currently on line' back to top of home page ? I personally preferred it there. No biggie if you can't.