• Join My Football Forum

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 487 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

The Realist

The 2nd Day.

41 minutes ago, Locke said:

Corporations have contracts, not agreements.

We will leave it at that.

Good day to you. 

You really do not have a clue.

48 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Sorry mate, but IMHO you seem to have a tendency to overrate yourself and to assume that others are somehow lesser beings.

I have met many like you in my 55 years of employment; self centred blow-hards full of piss and wind but with absolutely no substance.

All yak and no shack.

50 minutes ago, The Realist said:

I have more of a clue than you think I do.

I was a Facilities Manager for the nation's biggest employer for over 20 years and there is not a cat in hell's chance that a large corporation would have an agreement. It would be a contract. 

That is all there is to it really 

On 10/01/2019 at 08:54, Locke said:

I have more of a clue than you think I do.

I was a Facilities Manager for the nation's biggest employer for over 20 years and there is not a cat in hell's chance that a large corporation would have an agreement. It would be a contract. 

That is all there is to it really 

Yeah you also had a net working degree, worked in USA for many years etc etc, Facilities are a major drain on ourr NHS, solely due to MP's having vested interests in supplying companies.

We are on a totally different playing field here fella.

Corporation= Group of companies, or similar.

They all operate in different ways.

Corp i work for is French owned.

They have several different companies operating in the UK, independently of each other.(suits the profit/loss, tax avoiding agenda).

Keep thing's as local as possible. Avoid any contract that will?may become a liability. No corporate director will ever sign a contract, as that makes him personally liable. I know you live in a council house, tho if you know anybody who has a mortgage, ask them to look for the signature in the box opposite where they sign, from the representative of the bank/lender. You will never ever find it.

On 10/01/2019 at 08:53, Hairy Scot said:

Sorry mate, but IMHO you seem to have a tendency to overrate yourself and to assume that others are somehow lesser beings.

I have met many like you in my 55 years of employment; self centred blow-hards full of piss and wind but with absolutely no substance.

All yak and no shack.

Congratulations on your educated and knowledgeable assumption there fella, now remind me again, just how long you have known of me,and of my career, and i also admire you deeply for forming such a well informed opinion after a handful of posts on a forum. Seeing as you have such a great insight could you possibly pick my lottery numbers for me next week? 

3 weeks in the job, a lot of thing's that hemorrhage money have been fixed, stupid thing's caused by bad or lazy management, the staff are a lot happier.

I have a major issue to deal with on Monday, which may well be worthy of a thread in it's own right. Political correctness etc. when i get a call, that a lorry has been waiting to be tipped for 45 minutes, and find out that the driver was away praying, i have an issue with that. will let you know how this went Monday night.

8 minutes ago, The Realist said:

3 weeks in the job, a lot of thing's that hemorrhage money have been fixed, stupid thing's caused by bad or lazy management, the staff are a lot happier.

I have a major issue to deal with on Monday, which may well be worthy of a thread in it's own right. Political correctness etc. when i get a call, that a lorry has been waiting to be tipped for 45 minutes, and find out that the driver was away praying, i have an issue with that. will let you know how this went Monday night.

Sounds like you are doing a great job.

Haemorrhage is terrible! 

Meanwhile the company you jumped ship from (before you was pushed) continue to struggle.

Edited by Mr Magnificent

15 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sounds like you are doing a great job.

Haemorrhage is terrible! 

Meanwhile the company you jumped ship from (before you was pushed) continue to struggle.

Really before i was pushed? I have already been invited to go back on an improved salary fella. Saving money is what i am best at, I put ideas in place a JLR that saved £5m alone ( that's an annual saving by the way)on the sequencing of gearboxes, without mentioning the subframe saving's, and door regulators, and many other commodities I think JLR needs people who can save them money. I just didn't like the daily commute, and the shift's.

On 25/01/2019 at 22:10, The Realist said:

Well this has turned out to be controversial indeed, tho only due to the PC brigade, it got escalated right to the top. My argument was, that i cannot allow anybody regardless of colour race or creed, to be allowed to have time to prey within their working hours outside of break times, if they want to do it at break time no problem, so the argument continued. My major point was that if a non religious guy wanted to go out for a smoke, or somebody fancied a coffee outside of their allotted break times would it be deemed acceptable? The answer was they may face disciplinary action if caught. Will fill you in more later.

On 01/02/2019 at 23:40, The Realist said:

Well this has turned out to be controversial indeed, tho only due to the PC brigade, it got escalated right to the top. My argument was, that i cannot allow anybody regardless of colour race or creed, to be allowed to have time to prey within their working hours outside of break times, if they want to do it at break time no problem, so the argument continued. My major point was that if a non religious guy wanted to go out for a smoke, or somebody fancied a coffee outside of their allotted break times would it be deemed acceptable? The answer was they may face disciplinary action if caught. Will fill you in more later.

The quiet room now is locked, and only open at break times. Anyhow now over 2 months in the job and loving it. I inherited the best PA ever, such a lovely woman been with the company for years, knows all the in's and out's, and genuinely cares. A real diamond. Not sure how the incumbent could fail with her behind him, unless he was a headstrong type prick who could never do wrong, or would never admit it anyhow. (which apparently he was).

On 01/02/2019 at 23:40, The Realist said:

Totally agree with this. Well done for sticking your ground on it. 

14 hours ago, The Realist said:

The quiet room now is locked, and only open at break times.

Is this to do with the 'praying' ?

17 hours ago, Harold said:

Is this to do with the 'praying' ?

Yes fella. I respect the fact the they feel the need to pray if that is was they believe. I tho will not make any exceptional circumstances for them, or any other race creed or culture, they are paid a fairly decent wage for the work they do, they are paid the same as the white British bloke working alongside them, the bloke who makes his calls, texts, smokes his cigarettes in his allotted break times, and has absolutely no problem with it. No exceptions!! Tho i treat all my staff differently, i treat them all equally. That will never change. I got a bit annoyed at being called racist for treating everybody equally. If i gave preferential treatment to the 3 Muslims we have working here, I somehow think that could make me racist/bigoted or whatever the term would be, towards the other 157 folks on the shift. The snowflakes would have a field day.

working hours-pay per hour-break times, all the same. no compromise.

6 hours ago, The Realist said:

Yes fella. I respect the fact the they feel the need to pray if that is was they believe. I tho will not make any exceptional circumstances for them, or any other race creed or culture, they are paid a fairly decent wage for the work they do, they are paid the same as the white British bloke working alongside them, the bloke who makes his calls, texts, smokes his cigarettes in his allotted break times, and has absolutely no problem with it. No exceptions!! Tho i treat all my staff differently, i treat them all equally. That will never change. I got a bit annoyed at being called racist for treating everybody equally. If i gave preferential treatment to the 3 Muslims we have working here, I somehow think that could make me racist/bigoted or whatever the term would be, towards the other 157 folks on the shift. The snowflakes would have a field day.

working hours-pay per hour-break times, all the same. no compromise.

with you 100% on that. I like how you say...you treat them all differently yet you treat them all equally. I can understand that and THAT is what management is about.