Red Devil

Football quiz questions

21 hours ago, Harold said:

Righty Ho.....I think how it should go is the person who gets the first correct answer should ask the next question. Hope that's ok with everyone.

My question is.....Alfie Conn a former Rangers player left the club in 1974 & signed for which English 1st division club where he remained for 3 years ?

Spurs. No cheating here on that one. After Spurs he joined them.

56 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Sorry Harold, not been on the forum since I last posted pal.

Haven't a clue so I'm going to pluck a team out of thin air and guess, given the year it could have been a team that are now outside of the top division but I'm gonna go with Everton.

Complete guess. 

Cheers for the attempt mate but unfortunately that's wrong. It was Spurs.

21 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Spurs. No cheating here on that one. After Spurs he joined them.

Exactomundo mate. Do you want to have a go now or if you're going to be too busy with work I can do another ?

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Exactomundo mate. Do you want to have a go now or if you're going to be too busy with work I can do another ?

You carry on with another one fella.:yes:

This very famous footballer (& I believe everybody will have heard of him) played for three national teams....Argentina, Columbia & Spain. Who is he ?

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

This very famous footballer (& I believe everybody will have heard of him) played for three national teams....Argentina, Columbia & Spain. Who is he ?

Alfredo Stéfano Di Stéfano Laulhé

11 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Alfredo Stéfano Di Stéfano Laulhé

Correct. On ye go if you want.

Seeing Hairy didn't do one before, ahem...retiring for the evening I shall post another question.

Which British team defeated Barcelona both home and away in a 1966/67 European Cup competition (the Fairs Cup) and also reached the semi-final of the 1984 European Cup? The answer is quite surprising but I did know this one.

16 hours ago, Harold said:

Seeing Hairy didn't do one before, ahem...retiring for the evening I shall post another question.

Which British team defeated Barcelona both home and away in a 1966/67 European Cup competition (the Fairs Cup) and also reached the semi-final of the 1984 European Cup? The answer is quite surprising but I did know this one.

The Arabs - Dundee United

21 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Keerect!

Hairy, would do the next one please. I'm away for a shower then into the town....won't be back for a while.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Hairy, would do the next one please. I'm away for a shower then into the town....won't be back for a while.

Is anyone else playing?

7 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Who is the only player to have scored in the Glasgow, Merseyside and Manchester derbies?

Andrei Kanchelskis

1 hour ago, Locke said:

Andrei Kanchelskis

could be right but I can't mind of him scoring against Celtic.

10 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Yep I'd say Kanchelskis

Fairly obvious that one.

So if it is obvious one can assume I didn't cheat? :facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

19 minutes ago, Locke said:

So if it is obvious one can assume I didn't cheat? :facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

no need for that mate. What was said the other day was, I hoped, over and done with. 

Anyway....it's right so you stick a question up.