My Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Red Devil

Football quiz questions

2 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

I think you will find David Platt and Des Walker retired from playing for England years before Sven even landed on our shores. 

Which would lead me to question if you even know the answer to your own question? 

It will be defo two of Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Beckham or Seaman. 

Edit... 

David Platt retired from England in 1996

Des Walker retired from England in 1993

Sven started managing England in 2001

Well there you go!  Internet questions for ya eh?

:laughing::laughing-smiley-face::flashing-lol: 

5 minutes ago, Locke said:

Well there you go!  Internet questions for ya eh?

:laughing::laughing-smiley-face::flashing-lol: 

What are you on about, you put a question you didn't know the answer to and then made up an answer that was pathetic. 

I've been following football all my life and I know David Platt finished his career well before Sven was about and Des Walker was a complete disaster when Graham Taylor was the manager. 

What's the point of playing these games if you are going to cheat on others questions and then put up questions you don't actually know the answer to when it's your turn, that's why I asked you earlier in the thread where you got your answer from because I knew you were lying again. 

Beckham hardly missed a squad and so didn't Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney. 

Honestly, the Locke show has started all over again. 

Edited by Red Devil

2 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

What are you on about, you put a question you didn't know the answer to and then made up an answer that was pathetic. 

I've been following football all my life and I know David Platt finished his career well before Sven was about and Des Walker was a complete disaster when Graham Taylor was the manager. 

What's the point of playing these games if you are going to cheat on others questions and then put up questions you don't actually know the answer to when it's your turn, that's why I asked you earlier in the thread where you got your answer from because I knew you were lying again. 

Beckham hardly missed a squad and so didn't Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney. 

Honestly, the Locke show has started all over again. 

How am I cheating.

I just got a question off the internet that was a dud.

What's the big deal? It is hardly life or death.

Cool your jets young man! 

11 minutes ago, Locke said:

How am I cheating.

I just got a question off the internet that was a dud.

What's the big deal? It is hardly life or death.

Cool your jets young man! 

You cheated on my question and then you posted a question you didn't know the answer for. 

Honestly, I don't know why I bother anymore, there are hardly any members on the forum and you dominate everything. 

Time for another break from the forum. 

Keep up the good work Locke...

1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

You cheated on my question and then you posted a question you didn't know the answer for. 

Honestly, I don't know why I bother anymore, there are hardly any members on the forum and you dominate everything. 

Time for another break from the forum. 

Keep up the good work Locke...

I made a mistake. I inadvertently posted a dud question.

I am sorry for all the severe hurt it caused everyone!

Take a chill pill or get a slice of cheese with that whine mate! :flashing-lol:

1 hour ago, Red Devil said:

I think you will find David Platt and Des Walker retired from playing for England years before Sven even landed on our shores. 

Which would lead me to question if you even know the answer to your own question? 

It will be defo two of Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Beckham or Seaman. 

Edit... 

David Platt retired from England in 1996

Des Walker retired from England in 1993

Sven started managing England in 2001

It's actually a bit of a trick question.

It did not specify that he picked them for England.

They both played for Sampdoria when he was manager there from 1992-1997.

Edited by Hairy Scot

7 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Des Walker played 30 games for Sampdoria, Sven managed 67 games for England. 

Beckham, Owen, Seaman, Rooney, Scholes, Gerrard and others all played in about 95% of those fixtures. 

So fair play to you for finding that fact out but it's not factually true. 

38 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

I feel somewhat vindicated now as I didn't ask if he picked them for England did i?

So, it was actually a very good question.

In all fairness i googled obscure football trivia and that is what it came up with.

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

I feel somewhat vindicated now as I didn't ask if he picked them for England did i?

In all fairness i googled obscure football trivia and that is what it came up with.

The question actually appeared in a blog published by The Guardian in 2014.

I stumbled across it while searching for tricky questions for use in quizzes.

Just now, Hairy Scot said:

Good job you found that out mate.

The storm clouds were gathering. :)

6 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

4 minutes ago, Locke said:

Well, it's not actually factually true...

I've already proven that point. 

10 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

9 hours ago, Locke said:

I've had a read through all this and personally I don't think it's a good/fair question. Trick question? Not so sure about that because imo it is so vague it could refer to any team, club or international, thereby not allowing one correct answer. I would think that almost everyone took it as when he was England boss, I know I did.

9 hours ago, Locke said:

To be fair, if you was asking the question you should have known but hey ho, i don't really give a shit.

Surely we all have enough knowledge of various football clubs, to actually ask our own questions, without having to resort to google. IE, me as a Blues fan could ask, who was the first £1m player? (easy as feck i know), just using that as an example tho.

8 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Surely we all have enough knowledge of various football clubs, to actually ask our own questions, without having to resort to google. IE, me as a Blues fan could ask, who was the first £1m player? (easy as feck i know), just using that as an example tho.

That's fair enough if you're asking a question about a subject you know about (My first question about Alfie Conn & Spurs which you got) but personally I don't just want to ask a question about Rangers or Scottish football all the time (little chance as I get no correct answers.....so far) so in fairness for me to ask a question about English or World football then I would have to google & verify.

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

That's fair enough if you're asking a question about a subject you know about (My first question about Alfie Conn & Spurs which you got) but personally I don't just want to ask a question about Rangers or Scottish football all the time (little chance as I get no correct answers.....so far) so in fairness for me to ask a question about English or World football then I would have to google & verify.

Agree, tho i also note you play the game in the true spirit that it's meant to be played. I would bet money you have never googled an  answer,(well maybe to find the answer  purely out of curiosity, but not posting it, as maybe you do not feel the need to make yourself look super intelligent, you just like being you   ) you either have a stab at it, or don't offer an answer cos you don't know it. I respect you for that, some could learn a lot from you. I am a bit of the same mind regarding it.

20 minutes ago, Harold said:

TBH i nearly fluffed that question, if i had gone with my first instinct i would have said Coventry, tho i thought for a moment, and something didn't sit right, then it hit me, it was Colin Stein who went to Coventry, later to return to Ibrox. Remember that goal at Easter Road in the 1-1 draw that secured the title in 75? I was at the game with my dad, that was shortly before we moved back to Brum.

I have only used Google to find questions.

It is about time someone posted one.

OK, i will. Which former Rangers player captained 3 countries at full international level? No google here just me asking a question.

8 minutes ago, Locke said:

I have only used Google to find questions.

It is about time someone posted one.

I have a 4 year old grandson who is full of questions, yet he doesn't google. Just saying like.

3 minutes ago, The Realist said:

OK, i will. Which former Rangers player captained 3 countries at full international level? No google here just me asking a question.

I'll really need to have a good think about this one. Tbh I have never heard this one in any Gers trivia games.