• Join My Football Forum

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 281 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Red Devil

Football quiz questions

10 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

It's actually a bit of a trick question.

9 hours ago, Locke said:

So, it was actually a very good question.

I've had a read through all this and personally I don't think it's a good/fair question. Trick question? Not so sure about that because imo it is so vague it could refer to any team, club or international, thereby not allowing one correct answer. I would think that almost everyone took it as when he was England boss, I know I did.

9 hours ago, Locke said:

Good job you found that out mate.

The storm clouds were gathering. :)

To be fair, if you was asking the question you should have known but hey ho, i don't really give a shit.

Surely we all have enough knowledge of various football clubs, to actually ask our own questions, without having to resort to google. IE, me as a Blues fan could ask, who was the first £1m player? (easy as feck i know), just using that as an example tho.

8 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Surely we all have enough knowledge of various football clubs, to actually ask our own questions, without having to resort to google. IE, me as a Blues fan could ask, who was the first £1m player? (easy as feck i know), just using that as an example tho.

That's fair enough if you're asking a question about a subject you know about (My first question about Alfie Conn & Spurs which you got) but personally I don't just want to ask a question about Rangers or Scottish football all the time (little chance as I get no correct answers.....so far) so in fairness for me to ask a question about English or World football then I would have to google & verify.

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

That's fair enough if you're asking a question about a subject you know about (My first question about Alfie Conn & Spurs which you got) but personally I don't just want to ask a question about Rangers or Scottish football all the time (little chance as I get no correct answers.....so far) so in fairness for me to ask a question about English or World football then I would have to google & verify.

Agree, tho i also note you play the game in the true spirit that it's meant to be played. I would bet money you have never googled an  answer,(well maybe to find the answer  purely out of curiosity, but not posting it, as maybe you do not feel the need to make yourself look super intelligent, you just like being you   ) you either have a stab at it, or don't offer an answer cos you don't know it. I respect you for that, some could learn a lot from you. I am a bit of the same mind regarding it.

20 minutes ago, Harold said:

TBH i nearly fluffed that question, if i had gone with my first instinct i would have said Coventry, tho i thought for a moment, and something didn't sit right, then it hit me, it was Colin Stein who went to Coventry, later to return to Ibrox. Remember that goal at Easter Road in the 1-1 draw that secured the title in 75? I was at the game with my dad, that was shortly before we moved back to Brum.

5 minutes ago, Locke said:

I have only used Google to find questions.

It is about time someone posted one.

OK, i will. Which former Rangers player captained 3 countries at full international level? No google here just me asking a question.

8 minutes ago, Locke said:

I have only used Google to find questions.

It is about time someone posted one.

I have a 4 year old grandson who is full of questions, yet he doesn't google. Just saying like.

3 minutes ago, The Realist said:

OK, i will. Which former Rangers player captained 3 countries at full international level? No google here just me asking a question.

I'll really need to have a good think about this one. Tbh I have never heard this one in any Gers trivia games.

3 hours ago, The Realist said:

I have a 4 year old grandson who is full of questions, yet he doesn't google. Just saying like.

Teach him to then.

That is what it is there for.

15 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

It's not worth falling out over it, is it?

Who's fallen out with who?

I was never friends with Locke to fall out with him in the first place. He's an acquaintance off an internet forum who's has had more personality transplants and personas than I've had hot dinners. 

11 hours ago, The Realist said:

Just guess because I know this guy played several sports. Andy Goram?

9 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Who's fallen out with who?

I was never friends with Locke to fall out with him in the first place. He's an acquaintance off an internet forum who's has had more personality transplants and personas than I've had hot dinners. 

I find it highly unlikely that you have only ever had 1 hot dinner mate. 

22 hours ago, The Realist said:

Which former Rangers player captained 3 countries at full international level? No google here just me asking a question.

Does anybody want the answer?

19 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Oleg Kusnetsov. Due to the breaking up of the old communist bloc. Russia, CIS, and Ukraine.

I was thinking along that line but must be honest...Kuznetsov didn't come to mind. Good one.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

I was thinking along that line but must be honest...Kuznetsov didn't come to mind. Good one.

I was in the Edmiston club when it was asked in a quiz many years ago, always remembered it.