• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

boro_boy

Feedback on Forum - Possibly Change of name

I was talking to @Harold and @Locke about possibly changing the forum to a general forum with a football section as to be honest thats where most of the discussion is these days. I would set it up so that if you typed myfootballforum.com into your URL it would take you to the football section of the newly structured forums, maybe having forums laid out like this:

General Forums
The Pub
Politics
TV Forums
Sports

Football Forums
- British Football Forums
+ Premier League
+ Championship
+ Scottish Premier League 
+ Cup Competitions

This is just an idea!! To maybe cater for more people my moving away from football. The list of forums is minimal as spent 2 mins thinking of them so i'dd add more forums as people requested them. I just think staying as a football forum limits the site.

Why not have a football forum website and a general forum website, potentially more money in ads?

If this appeals to you can you dm me, I may have something of interest for you

Edited by redblood

38 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I was talking to @Harold and @Locke about possibly changing the forum to a general forum with a football section as to be honest thats where most of the discussion is these days. I would set it up so that if you typed myfootballforum.com into your URL it would take you to the football section of the newly structured forums, maybe having forums laid out like this:

General Forums
The Pub
Politics
TV Forums
Sports

Football Forums
+ Premier League
+ Championship
+ Cup Competitions

This is just an idea!! To maybe cater for more people my moving away from football. The list of forums is minimal as spent 2 mins thinking of them so i'dd add more forums as people requested them. I just think staying as a football forum limits the site.

I'd have no probs with that.

14 minutes ago, Locke said:

I'm all in favour of this as long as we remain politically correct and diverse.

:)

I hope you are not being serious mate...Politically correct ? That can go and fuck right off!

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

I hope you are not being serious mate...Politically correct ? That can go and fuck right off!

Just joking with you mate.

Fuck em all bar one and bollocks to him!

8 minutes ago, redblood said:

Why not have a football forum website and a general forum website, potentially more money in ads?

If this appeals to you can you dm me, I may something of interest for you

Alright mate, that would mean having 2 different databases and two completely different websites. 

I'm intrigued to know what you have that may interest me :) .

But I think i'll either stick with this website or rename it.. 

But saying that its only "A thought"

PM me. :) 

29 minutes ago, Locke said:

Just joking with you mate.

Fuck em all bar one and bollocks to him!

don't quite understand that one ?

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

don't quite understand that one ?

The politically correct brigade. Fuck em all bar one and bollocks to him. 

1 minute ago, Locke said:

The politically correct brigade. Fuck em all bar one and bollocks to him. 

I understand the PC brigade but the bar one ?

14 hours ago, boro_boy said:

General Forums
The Pub
Politics
TV Forums
Sports

Football Forums
+ Premier League
+ Championship
+ Cup Competitions

Don't quite get you here, I suggested the politics forum, food etc forum, entertainment forum, which you put in place,and they worked, even though there are very few of us, It looked organized and structured, then you got rid and put them all in the pub(,which is now very messy), as you thought it makes the forum look busier, which i thought was wrong. Now you wanna change it again?

12 hours ago, The Realist said:

Don't quite get you here, I suggested the politics forum, food etc forum, entertainment forum, which you put in place,and they worked, even though there are very few of us, It looked organized and structured, then you got rid and put them all in the pub(,which is now very messy), as you thought it makes the forum look busier, which i thought was wrong. Now you wanna change it again?

You know me, i'm never happy and i'm never right!!! The pub is the busiest forum on the site, I just think it would be better if I renamed the forums and then put the football related forums further down the site. 

28 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

That's never going to happen. 

He's been drinking.....

To be honest Boro boy I think you just love playing around with the forum. In fairness, you can do what you want but I'd be disappointed if the focus of the forum turned away from football. 

I'm a football fan at heart. 

32 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

He's been drinking.....

To be honest Boro boy I think you just love playing around with the forum. In fairness, you can do what you want but I'd be disappointed if the focus of the forum turned away from football. 

I'm a football fan at heart. 

I do enjoy playing about with the forum. Not as much as I used to though. It's just a thought nothing set in stone. I think what the forums need is new members, but it's so hard to get members to sign up. I don't think people search for football forums these days.

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I think what the forums need is new members, but it's so hard to get members to sign up. I don't think people search for football forums these days.

Agree totally but tbf last wee while the regulars have been doing no bad on here. I'm easy oasy. I can post in football & off topic (don't mind either).

11 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I do enjoy playing about with the forum. Not as much as I used to though. It's just a thought nothing set in stone. I think what the forums need is new members, but it's so hard to get members to sign up. I don't think people search for football forums these days.

Look it's your forum at the end of the day, if you want to change to a general forum then I will still post and contribute. 

2 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Look it's your forum at the end of the day, if you want to change to a general forum then I will still post and contribute. 

Glad to hear that mate.

The two previous posts have been deleted by me (just seen them). First was an unnecessary dig and the 2nd retaliatory and have heehaw to do with the thread. Any further ones will also be deleted. Keep to the topic please.