• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

peterg123

An investigation into the use of mobile technology as a fan engagement tool inside stadiums.

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me, Currently I'm a 3rd year Business and Marketing student and I am carrying out research for my dissertation looking at English football fans views on different new mobile technologies. If you are interested, Could you please fill out my survey on the link, which is a google form document. Please note that due to ethical reasons you must be 18 or older to participate. Thanks in advance to anyone that chooses to participate. 

https://goo.gl/forms/xRLnh2QyNtxpr8833 

We use mobiles to arrange a meet, we do this with villa also, tho when we tell them where we are, they use their mobiles to phone the OB, and tell them where we are. I may choose to participate in your survey, tho i think out of courtesy it would be nice if you were to participate in this forum too. If only a little bit.:yes:

2 hours ago, peterg123 said:

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me, Currently I'm a 3rd year Business and Marketing student and I am carrying out research for my dissertation looking at English football fans views on different new mobile technologies. If you are interested, Could you please fill out my survey on the link, which is a google form document. Please note that due to ethical reasons you must be 18 or older to participate. Thanks in advance to anyone that chooses to participate. 

https://goo.gl/forms/xRLnh2QyNtxpr8833 

I can buy tickets for many events, even airline tickets, and display them on my phone at the required point of access/entry. In this day and age, i cannot understand why i can't do this at a football ground turnstile. Print at home, or pay for delivery, really?

4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Do you have proof the jerks from B6 phone the OB? @The Realist

Get a grip of yourself FFS, tho i have twice been called by a so called top villa lad, almost apologizing and feeling embarrassed about it. worst one was the Calthorpe Arms.

Do you not have any thoughts about being able to display your ticket on your phone at the turnstiles as per keeping on topic??

Edited by The Realist

25 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Get a grip of yourself FFS, tho i have twice been called by a so called top villa lad, almost apologizing and feeling embarrassed about it. worst one was the Calthorpe Arms.

Do you not have any thoughts about being able to display your ticket on your phone at the turnstiles as per keeping on topic??

As per keeping on topic you grip yourself every day. :laughing-smiley-face:

Yeah why not? Scan that bar code.

As a dinosaur who has little knowledge of mobile technology I feel obliged to give this a swerve.

13 hours ago, The Realist said:

I can buy tickets for many events, even airline tickets, and display them on my phone at the required point of access/entry. In this day and age, i cannot understand why i can't do this at a football ground turnstile. Print at home, or pay for delivery, really?

I used to print my tickets for the Middlesbrough games and scan a barcode at the gate. Surely you can do that at Birmingham?

On 02/02/2019 at 12:26, boro_boy said:

I used to print my tickets for the Middlesbrough games and scan a barcode at the gate. Surely you can do that at Birmingham?

Yeah we can, what im saying is, it would be better if we could use the ticket from our phones.

On 01/02/2019 at 22:36, The Realist said:

You can blame the hooligan/lowlife element for that mate.

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You can blame the hooligan/lowlife element for that mate.

That makes absolutely no sense, but hey ho. Were all kind of used to that.

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

That makes absolutely no sense, but hey ho. Were all kind of used to that.

Why doesn't it?

The idea is to make it difficult for thugs/lowlifes to gain entry.

I don't know where this is going but if turns personal at all I'm locking the thread!

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Why doesn't it?

The idea is to make it difficult for thugs/lowlifes to gain entry.

So thugs can easily buy paper tickets, season tickets, or print at home tickets, yet because of them, fans cannot have a useable ticket on their phones?? FFS.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

I don't know where this is going but if turns personal at all I'm locking the thread!

Read the thread then.

So thugs can easily buy paper tickets, season tickets, or print at home tickets, yet because of them, fans cannot have a useable ticket on their phones?.FFS.

Known thugs find it much harder to interact with clubs if they are banned.

However, criminals can use "burner" or pay as you go phones that are not registered to them.

They can then illegally try to get into games to try and cause trouble and in the meantime frighten and scare law abiding citizens. Not to mention they increase the cost of policing and scare children.

We need to make it as difficult as possible for this scum to attend games. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Known thugs find it much harder to interact with clubs if they are banned.

However, criminals can use "burner" or pay as you go phones that are not registered to them.

They can then illegally try to get into games to try and cause trouble and in the meantime frighten and scare law abiding citizens. Not to mention they increase the cost of policing and scare children.

We need to make it as difficult as possible for this scum to attend games. 

So what you are saying is, a thug can easily use somebody's season ticket, get a paper ticket, or print at home, or easily get a mate to get them a ticket, and yet not being able to present a ticket on your phone is making it as difficult as can possibly be for them. To me that is a totally stupid thing to say. anyhow, how come up until the last year or so, or your last ban, you openly boasted about being a big player with the Zulu's, and now you have changed your tune. I take it you are the scum/lowlife that you are referring too then.

No football lad/firm, would start trouble in the ground nowadays, as has been the case for over 20 years. 

6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

So what you are saying is, a thug can easily use somebody's season ticket, get a paper ticket, or print at home, or easily get a mate to get them a ticket, and yet not being able to present a ticket on your phone is making it as difficult as can possibly be for them. To me that is a totally stupid thing to say. anyhow, how come up until the last year or so, or your last ban, you openly boasted about being a big player with the Zulu's, and now you have changed your tune. I take it you are the scum/lowlife that you are referring too then.

No football lad/firm, would start trouble in the ground nowadays, as has been the case for over 20 years. 

Have you been on the planet Zonk for the past 20 years?

What a ridiculous statement to make.

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

Have you been on the planet Zonk for the past 20 years?

What a ridiculous statement to make.

Nowhere near as stupid as yours. Trouble does occasionally happen inside grounds in the UK, tho it is mostly regular fans getting over excited.

Nowhere near as stupid as yours. Trouble does occasionally happen inside grounds in the UK, tho it is mostly regular fans getting over excited.   :facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon::facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon::facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Another totally ridiculous statement.

I could show you dozens of examples of hooliganism inside British football grounds over the past 20 years but i don't take any pleasure in embarrassing you. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Another totally ridiculous statement.

I could show you dozens of examples of hooliganism inside British football grounds over the past 20 years but i don't take any pleasure in embarrassing you. 

Yeah, tho that would not be the known lads of them clubs, FACT. Anyhow you carry on talking to yourself now fella, as i cannot understand, how you have somehow managed to turn a post about me asking why fans can't display tickets on their phones at turnstiles, like people can show boarding passes at airports, concerts etc, into some kind of argument. I'm out of this thread, cant be arsed with obsessive small minded people.