My Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magnificent

Nissan won't be building X Trail in UK

Car giant Nissan has decided against building the new X Trail in the UK citing Brexit as the reason. 

It seems like the arse end is falling out of car manufacturing in the UK. 

Fuck em. And all the other companies deserting the UK. It's nothing to do with Brexit. Companies are just using that for an excuse. They simply get cheaper labour abroad. 

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Fuck em. And all the other companies deserting the UK. It's nothing to do with Brexit. Companies are just using that for an excuse. They simply get cheaper labour abroad. 

I doubt the labour where they are now building it in Japan is cheaper than here BB.

The company obviously have people who have researched Brexit and the implications before coming to this decision. 

Edited by Mr Magnificent

11 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Totally agree. Brexit is not gonna be the end of the world for the UK. Cadbury moved a hell of a lot of it's chocolate producing to Poland for that reason, cheap labour. Cadbury Bournville is a shadow of what it used to be. Car manufacturing historically has highs and lows and always will have. the slumps in the 70's 80's 90's and early 2000's couldn't be blamed on Brexit tho, it also was not Brexit that forced the closure of MG Rover, and Leyland Daf.

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Totally agree. Brexit is not gonna be the end of the world for the UK. Cadbury moved a hell of a lot of it's chocolate producing to Poland for that reason, cheap labour. Cadbury Bournville is a shadow of what it used to be. Car manufacturing historically has highs and lows and always will have. the slumps in the 70's 80's 90's and early 2000's couldn't be blamed on Brexit tho, it also was not Brexit that forced the closure of MG Rover, and Leyland Daf.

That is why they invested £8 million into Bournville last year and another £11 million this year to make more efficient lines.

Bournville is the spiritual home of the chocolate bar and will always be made at Bournville.

As I have said previously, anyone can afford £1 for a bar of chocolate. When money is tight or uncertainty is about then a new car is put on the back burner.

This has been proved time and time again. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

That is why they invested £8 million into Bournville last year and another £11 million this year to make more efficient lines.

Bournville is the spiritual home of the chocolate bar and will always be made at Bournville.

As I have said previously, anyone can afford £1 for a bar of chocolate. When money is tight or uncertainty is about then a new car is put on the back burner.

This has been proved time and time again. 

Post wasn't just about chocolate tho fella was it? As for investment £19m over 2 years, is absolutely feck all, and would suggest it is a little  money used to keep it sustainable, bear in mind how much of the market share Cadbury has lost in recent years, tho that is purely down to corporate control. Cadbury should have been left alone, it was the world leader in it's field without question Nestle/Mondelez tinkering has weakened the brand considerably.  Any thoughts on the other points i made? MG Rover, Leyland Daf?, was Brexit to blame for their demise?

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Post wasn't just about chocolate tho fella was it? As for investment £19m over 2 years, is absolutely feck all, and would suggest it is a little  money used to keep it sustainable, bear in mind how much of the market share Cadbury has lost in recent years, tho that is purely down to corporate control. Cadbury should have been left alone, it was the world leader in it's field without question Nestle/Mondelez tinkering has weakened the brand considerably.  Any thoughts on the other points i made? MG Rover, Leyland Daf?, was Brexit to blame for their demise?

No, stubborn, union controlled work forces bought their down fall. They wouldn't change so bit the dust. 

All of the current uncertainty in the motor sector can be blamed on Brexit. That is a fact. Justified? Probably not but that is how it is. 

New, high performing Bournville is just fine and still a global force in confectionery making. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No, stubborn, union controlled work forces bought their down fall. They wouldn't change so bit the dust. 

All of the current uncertainty in the motor sector can be blamed on Brexit. That is a fact. Justified? Probably not but that is how it is. 

New, high performing Bournville is just fine and still a global force in confectionery making. 

I find it strange that people still keep blaming the unions. That is a political fallacy. When there were fields full of unsold cars, there would be a strike, in the meantime the cars were getting sold, when they were mostly gone, it was back to work, until the amount of unsold cars became too high again, then it was  another strike, same again over and over. The companies forced the strikes for the own means. They were not paying to produce cars that were not being sold, thus saving multi millions of pounds.

10 minutes ago, The Realist said:

I find it strange that people still keep blaming the unions. That is a political fallacy. When there were fields full of unsold cars, there would be a strike, in the meantime the cars were getting sold, when they were mostly gone, it was back to work, until the amount of unsold cars became too high again, then it was  another strike, same again over and over. The companies forced the strikes for the own means. They were not paying to produce cars that were not being sold, thus saving multi millions of pounds.

If the companies did indeed force strikes then the workforce were ill advised by their unions.

A lot of it had to do with uneducated labour too. 

I would never go on strike. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

If the companies did indeed force strikes then the workforce were ill advised by their unions.

A lot of it had to do with uneducated labour too. 

I would never go on strike. 

You would not have had a choice in those days whether to strike or not. Tho the union leaders were getting their pockets nicely lined by the companies.

Just now, The Realist said:

You would not have had a choice in those days whether to strike or not. Tho the union leaders were getting their pockets nicely lined by the companies.

I would. I would have crossed the picket line.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/26/news/economy/brexit-uk-car-manufacturing-bmw/index.html

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

These remoaners always forget to mention we are the biggest importer of German cars, over 750k a year.

I wouldn't touch one.

If everyone thought as i did the Germans would be giving us what we want round the Brexit table.

If you buy a German car you enable them to try and give us a bum deal. Fcuk em!

14 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I wouldn't touch one.

If everyone thought as i did the Germans would be giving us what we want round the Brexit table.

If you buy a German car you enable them to try and give us a bum deal. Fcuk em!

The more we sell, the harder it can hit them, we are their biggest market. I pick up my German car in 4 weeks. 

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

The more we sell, the harder it can hit them, we are their biggest market. I pick up my German car in 4 weeks. 

Do you mean the more we buy?

I have never heard of sales hurting anyone. 

German cars ain't all that. I wouldn't touch one again. Reliability is poor too.

4 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Do you mean the more we buy?

I have never heard of sales hurting anyone. 

German cars ain't all that. I wouldn't touch one again. Reliability is poor too.

German cars, especially Audi, BMW,and Mercedes, are premium luxury vehicles, and amongst the most desirable cars in the world. most people slag them off, purely because they cant afford one. Historically their reliability is excellent, yes they have small niggles, as do most cars. They almost never have any serious issues tho, and do well over 250k miles. Vauxhall and French cars, are the worst of the big sellers when it comes to reliability. Vauxhall especially tend to have the major problems, water pumps being very common, that can be a very expensive repair bill. Toyota are outstanding for reliability, tho they have as much style and class as a fridge. You have a 1400cc Vauxhall 4x4, and you moan about the terrible fuel efficiency of it.I had a 3 litre 4x4, and was getting 50 mpg, that alone shows how poor Vauxhall are. They are also imported. If your happy to have a 3rd rate car built in Spain, then fair play to ya. Vauxhall are also owned by OPEL, who are German owned. So you do in fact own a German car, it's just a cheap nasty one.

I'm actually curious as to how Vauxhall are not included in German car sales figures  in the UK tho. Maybe embarrassment, on the Germans part.

You pay three times as much for you vehicle though...

So, feel good about that do ya?

Your brand new spanker for 40 plus grand will break down more than my South Korean built Mokka.

Jog on Charlie.

33 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Your brand new spanker for 40 plus grand will break down more than my South Korean built Mokka.

Jog on Charlie.

Statistically not, but hey ho. I am the realist. you use fantasy names from weird TV shows.

Wherever your Mokka is built, it is still a German car, the kind you say you wouldn't touch. Bet that makes you feel good eh? Owning a 3rd rate German car.

Not all BMW's are built in Germany.

2 hours ago, The Realist said:

Statistically not, but hey ho. I am the realist. you use fantasy names from weird TV shows.

Wherever your Mokka is built, it is still a German car, the kind you say you wouldn't touch. Bet that makes you feel good eh? Owning a 3rd rate German car.

Not all BMW's are built in Germany.

But most BMW drivers are knob heads (excluding you...You are perfect) :)

22 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

more than my South Korean built Mokka.

I thought the Vauxhall plant in Spain caters for the European market, Makes a lot of sense importing something from Korea that is built so much closer, and within the EU

19 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

But most BMW drivers are knob heads (excluding you...You are perfect) :)

You wouldn't know any BMW driver's as by your own admission you have NO FRIENDS. (no surprise there tho). Or are you simply following the  silly stereotyping that most mindless people do?. Truth is most BMW drivers are successful people, that other's are jealous of. FACT.