boro_boy

Got a parking charge notice today

Tbh... I could see the point....IF the bay to the right of the car was a full bay and you had taken space from it, BUT in these circumstances I would appeal because your car is NOT denying another car parking there. PLUS....the barriers should be given a fucking ticket if that's the case!!!

35 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You were not correctly parked within the bay mate. 

See my previous post mate.

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

Tbh... I could see the point....IF the bay to the right of the car was a full bay and you had taken space from it, BUT in these circumstances I would appeal because your car is NOT denying another car parking there. PLUS....the barriers should be given a fucking ticket if that's the case!!!

If it says anywhere that a car must be correctly parked within the bay on any signs displayed then BB is done.

The bay on the right is unusable though. I'm going to appeal it. They'll probably tell mentor fuck off though. If they do I'll them appeal to the the BPA.

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You were not correctly parked within the bay mate. 

Typical Vauxhall driver yeah?.

39 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

The bay on the right is unusable though. I'm going to appeal it. They'll probably tell mentor fuck off though. If they do I'll them appeal to the the BPA.

Absolutely DO NOT APPEAL IT! If you appeal you are admitting liability, then they have got you! Send a notice of rebuttal. Also i suggest you ask if they had planning permission for their signs, as displaying them without it, on a corporate level is a  criminal offence. 

I will say again DO NOT APPEAL! Rebutt. I will talk further with you via PM on this if you want.

Absolutely do not listen to the advice you have already had. Tho i respect him, Harold is ex OB, i defo would not take the word of one of them. Our police went decades ago, turning into a corporate police force, whose priority became protecting corporate rights, and also the snowflakes. I reckon Harold tho can probably remember what it was like being proper OB, and the oath they took, which nowadays seems irrelevant.

8 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Two words....Fuck off!.....:flashing-lol:

Absolutely DO NOT APPEAL IT! If you appeal you are admitting liability, then they have got you!

Actually I agree with you on that. Having thought about it I recall several other similar situations on other forums when that sentiment was given!

Tho i respect him, Harold is ex OB, i defo would not take the word of one of them.

Being a former cop has absolutely NO bearing on my comments on here. Anything I post whether in agreement or disagreement is based on my own opinion and moral code mate. Whether you believe me or not is of no relevance to me mate.

9 minutes ago, The Realist said:

I reckon Harold tho can probably remember what it was like being proper OB, and the oath they took,

Correct.

6 minutes ago, Harold said:

Two words....Fuck off!.....:flashing-lol:

Actually I agree with you on that. Having thought about it I recall several other similar situations on other forums when that sentiment was given!

Being a former cop has absolutely NO bearing on my comments on here. Anything I post whether in agreement or disagreement is based on my own opinion and moral code mate. Whether you believe me or not is of no relevance to me mate.

Somehow i kind of believe you here.

23 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Absolutely DO NOT APPEAL IT! If you appeal you are admitting liability, then they have got you! Send a notice of rebuttal. Also i suggest you ask if they had planning permission for their signs, as displaying them without it, on a corporate level is a  criminal offence. 

I will say again DO NOT APPEAL! Rebutt. I will talk further with you via PM on this if you want.

Absolutely do not listen to the advice you have already had. Tho i respect him, Harold is ex OB, i defo would not take the word of one of them. Our police went decades ago, turning into a corporate police force, whose priority became protecting corporate rights, and also the snowflakes. I reckon Harold tho can probably remember what it was like being proper OB, and the oath they took, which nowadays seems irrelevant.

Cheers mate, yeah give a pm in what I should do. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

BB your first action needs to be to check the signs.

I would take it from there.

Was it an £80 ticket?

It was a 100 ticket but 60 if I pay within 14 days. 

I know they say stay within the lines, but that's for open parking spaces. In the photo I added above, it's clear that the parking space I've gone into is not fit for purpose as its obstructed by the work fence so in my eyes that's out of action. 

I wouldn't have parked like that if it was a normal space that wasn't obstructed. I'm not a cunt like that. I just thought I can park in the middle of these two as the space on the right is not legit as a car couldn't fit into it. 

They will probably argue that it isn't for you to decide whether the other bay is fit for purpose or not. 

Clearly it isn't, but that isn't your call.

All you need to do is act within their guidelines and do as they request.

Obviously I haven't seen the signs so I can't say what that is.

It is a "soft" ticket, but I think you are going to have to pay it mate simply because you took it upon yourself to deem the other space as not usable. 

You might be able to argue the bay should have been coned off if it was an active work zone?