• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 282 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Red Devil

The quiet thread

I never got my chance to say my piece in the quiet thread but I just wanted to point out I 100% agree with realist. I'm not trying to be offensive or put members down but my thoughts are exactly the same regarding certain threads. 

What sensible grown adult would sign up to a forum to discuss what they were having for their tea at night. Keep threads like that if it makes people happy but lets at least only make them visible to members. 

1 hour ago, Red Devil said:

I never got my chance to say my piece in the quiet thread but I just wanted to point out I 100% agree with realist. I'm not trying to be offensive or put members down but my thoughts are exactly the same regarding certain threads. 

What sensible grown adult would sign up to a forum to discuss what they were having for their tea at night. Keep threads like that if it makes people happy but lets at least only make them visible to members. 

I totally understand and thats why I took on his comments and created that other forum. People can still use that forum but its just kept away from the latest threads at the top of the forum and it doesn't affect your post count so people can't just post shit all the time and end up with a massive post count. 

2 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Each to their own.

I just accept people for what they are instead of getting strung out trying to control others.

The word association thread and dinner thread (hypocrite The Realist) started it were fine and if a few of us liked posting there on a regular basis then so what?

I will just put that time and effort into threads like that somewhere else where folk don't take things so seriously. 

41 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I totally understand and thats why I took on his comments and created that other forum. People can still use that forum but its just kept away from the latest threads at the top of the forum and it doesn't affect your post count so people can't just post shit all the time and end up with a massive post count. 

Seriously, do people actually bother about a post count ? What a load of fanny. The threads you moved were just an interaction between posters if there was no interesting threads going on & lets be honest everyone or almost everyone on here has posted in them. If there is a thread I have an interest in I'll post, if not....I won't. The problem, imo, is that there is rarely enough posters on at the same time to have a fluent debate....it is normally fits and starts.

Anyway, back to my intial comment....by all means erase my post count if you have the tools to do it....it means nowt to me mate.

Some people do bother about post counts. I don't particularly, but when potential new members click onto the forum and all they see is non football related topics in the latest posts, it must surely have an effect on them and turn them away.   

24 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Some people do bother about post counts. I don't particularly, but when potential new members click onto the forum and all they see is non football related topics in the latest posts, it must surely have an effect on them and turn them away.   

Well at the moment there are three (out of 5) non football related latest posts.

Let just say I don't actually mind any of the threads if people want to discuss what they are having for tea that's fine by me. I contributed to the word association thread but again that shouldn't be visible. 

It's just felt the last couple of weeks they are the only threads that have been sat at the top of the active threads lists. 

It does look a bit juvenile to anyone looking in, we're all okay with it as we've been posting together for a good few years now. 

34 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Let just say I don't actually mind any of the threads if people want to discuss what they are having for tea that's fine by me. I contributed to the word association thread but again that shouldn't be visible. 

It's just felt the last couple of weeks they are the only threads that have been sat at the top of the active threads lists. 

It does look a bit juvenile to anyone looking in, we're all okay with it as we've been posting together for a good few years now. 

I'm not disagreeing that they should be moved but as I said in an earlier post it was simply a bit of interaction when nothing interesting was being 'debated'. What I find astonishing though is that 'whomever' is/are concerned with post counts. I'll be first to admit that a lot of my posts are nonsense but if there is anything I have an interest I'll post but it is difficult to have a fluent debate due to lack of members being on at the same time. Having said that....other sites I have used have from top to bottom of home page....a list of respective football forums...ie Epl, Championship, League 1 etc etc and THEN below are off topic, music etc and EVERY forum shows the latest post. Perhaps, if possiblr, BB should consider that kind of layout ?

5 hours ago, Harold said:

I'm not disagreeing that they should be moved but as I said in an earlier post it was simply a bit of interaction when nothing interesting was being 'debated'. What I find astonishing though is that 'whomever' is/are concerned with post counts. I'll be first to admit that a lot of my posts are nonsense but if there is anything I have an interest I'll post but it is difficult to have a fluent debate due to lack of members being on at the same time. Having said that....other sites I have used have from top to bottom of home page....a list of respective football forums...ie Epl, Championship, League 1 etc etc and THEN below are off topic, music etc and EVERY forum shows the latest post. Perhaps, if possiblr, BB should consider that kind of layout ?

It is almost like some are jealous of those of us on here every day. Pathetic really. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I have 5000 posts and Harold is catching me so i best start crying.  :blob-joy:

On 10/02/2019 at 10:48, Red Devil said:

Very sensible mature post there fella.

On 10/02/2019 at 12:38, boro_boy said:

I don't have a problem with the threads either, I just don't think they make good viewing for visitors/potential members.

On 10/02/2019 at 13:11, Mr Magnificent said:

Each to their own.

I just accept people for what they are instead of getting strung out trying to control others.

The word association thread and dinner thread (hypocrite The Realist) started it were fine and if a few of us liked posting there on a regular basis then so what?

I will just put that time and effort into threads like that somewhere else where folk don't take things so seriously. 

You have taken my comments extremely seriously tho fella, your posts in the quiet threads prove it. You even suggest i'm jealous cos Harold is catching my post count. To be honest i don't have a clue what my post count is, I seriously doubt @Harold does either,i never pay any attention to it. Very pathetic really, but hey ho, you are what you are, doesn't bother me.

Most pleasing thing for me, is @boro_boy agreed with what i said, and he has acted as he see's fit, for the good of the forum. You can still post away as much as you want in those threads, so i really don't see why you have such a problem with it, tho yet again, maybe you view your post count above what's best for the forum. Some of us have friends and other thing's in our lives tho.

If you read some of the posts on this forum you'd think @Mr Magnificent but then if you read the series of PM messages he sent me last night you'd be questioning the man's sanity. 

What was best I played him on and on letting him get more and more worked up. 

Anyone's want's a good read just ask and I will include them in the messages. 

16 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

If you read some of the posts on this forum you'd think @Mr Magnificent but then if you read the series of PM messages he sent me last night you'd be questioning the man's sanity. 

Tbh mate, & in no way am I defending Locke, I don't think you should go down that route. They were PM's and should remain as such. I would say that no matter who was involved.

29 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

They are private messages for a reason @Red Devil I know you posted them yesterday when really you shouldn't have. I've stopped @Mr Magnificent from using the PM system for the time being. 

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

They are private messages for a reason @Red Devil I know you posted them yesterday when really you shouldn't have. I've stopped @Mr Magnificent from using the PM system for the time being. 

When people behave in a certain way, at times i think they may need exposing. mr magnificent, locke vulcan or whatever fantasy name he chooses to use this week, does seem to have issues, I also think he sees the forum as his, and he is in his mind the most important thing on here, and the forum is obviously all he has in his life. His behaviour has gone beyond all boundaries of reason at times, and yes i still have a big feckin gripe with him, for mocking and taking the piss when Mrs Sa was going through her cancer nightmare. He behaved  like a sub human, total cunt at that time, hence @boro_boy giving him yet another life ban. He says he accepts people for what they are, then rants about my suggestion for the forum. I have many many times actually defended him, and said he needs policing rather than banning. Sadly i think vulcan is slowly showing up again, i hope not, as i think he can be good for the forum when he behaves. In his mind as per Darren etc, he thinks he has Harold on his side. He isn't intelligent enough to realize @Harold will call things as he sees it, straight down the line.

As for the PM's i have shared a few with mr madge lately, regarding a few plans i have, and he has been great in offering his thoughts, giving me something to think about.

I think there may be a decent bloke in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Tbh mate, & in no way am I defending Locke, I don't think you should go down that route. They were PM's and should remain as such. I would say that no matter who was involved.

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

In all due respect if I'm sat in my living room and my daughter is getting notification after notification of abuse to me on her Ipad I think I'm entitled to be pissed off. 

My 15 year old daughter came downstairs yesterday evening and asked me why a man called Mr Magnificent was talking about my appearance and manhood size.

Fair enough I should have emailed notifications off but can you see why I'd be pissed off?

As for saying what I can do with my PM's they are mine, I should by rights be able to share them with who I like.

Given there is barely anyone else on this forum it's hardly gonna go very far is it. 

Totally obsessed with me isn't he, I just think it's funny and such a shame but sometimes he does things that overstep the mark and that's certainly what he did last night.