• Join My Football Forum

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 414 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Lots of rumours going around about our punishment in the media. Points deduction seems the most popular one, ranging from 3 to 12! Either way we aren't going down. Tho with around 70% of championship clubs failing FFP rules, i reckon an example must be set. Tho it may increase in future for other clubs, a case of well you never learned a lesson from Birmingham.

Any thoughts?

Surely the points deduction will depend on how many millions you are over the FFP. I think Middlesbrough are safe as we have spent fuck all this season, maybe that is why we haven't spent anything? I don't know if i like the FFP as it just widens the gap from the elite few clubs in the Premier League to the smaller clubs in the Championship who may need to spend a few million to strengthen there team, but can't as they'll go over the spending!!

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Surely the points deduction will depend on how many millions you are over the FFP. I think Middlesbrough are safe as we have spent fuck all this season, maybe that is why we haven't spent anything? I don't know if i like the FFP as it just widens the gap from the elite few clubs in the Premier League to the smaller clubs in the Championship who may need to spend a few million to strengthen there team, but can't as they'll go over the spending!!

It was the money spent last season that is doing us, it's a 3 year rolling thing. Villa are well fucked.

https://oddschanger.com/football-news/much-championship-club-owes-banks-owners

So if that is correct and there are 11 other teams in more debt than us can someone please explain how half of the league aren't getting a bigger points deduction than us? 

All the league table proves is that FFP / Sustainability does not work in today's game without implementing caps on wages and transfer fees.

Didn't realise boro were that much in debt. 

A wage cap would sort all of these problems out and would lower ticket prices too. 

But that's never going to happen is it!