Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Realist

Aaron Ramsay!

Recommended Posts

Just now, boro_boy said:

That's stupid money isn't it!!!!

They say Footballers careers are short but for fuck sake!!!

Yes it is.

although i look at it from 2 totally different sides.

I-Maybe “football” has nothing to do with the outside world and it’s not their (whomever they maybe) job to sort out problems that governments and societies should deal with. 

Juventus are a business and if they think paying one of their employees £400k a week will help them make a profit then that’s what they’ll pay.

2-Pay for a few nurses wouldn’t it.-Tho just think how much tax he is paying!!!! He'll earn more than you earn ever but he'll also do his bit with tax contributions (well would if it was uk, not sure how Italy works)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Red Devil

It's an insane figure but he can command that because they aren't paying a transfer fee. You'd expect to pay close to 50 million for a player of his standard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Yes it is.

although i look at it from 2 totally different sides.

I-Maybe “football” has nothing to do with the outside world and it’s not their (whomever they maybe) job to sort out problems that governments and societies should deal with. 

Juventus are a business and if they think paying one of their employees £400k a week will help them make a profit then that’s what they’ll pay.

2-Pay for a few nurses wouldn’t it.-Tho just think how much tax he is paying!!!! He'll earn more than you earn ever but he'll also do his bit with tax contributions (well would if it was uk, not sure how Italy works)

Yeah they'll be super taxed won't they!! Don't they get taxed 40% or 50%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Red Devil

It's been the case for a while but to have a child with the talent to play Premier league football is actually as lucky if not more lucky than winning the national lottery. 

And they question why parents are pushing young boys so hard when they have the talent to be picked up by a professional club. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Devil said:

It's an insane figure but he can command that because they aren't paying a transfer fee. You'd expect to pay close to 50 million for a player of his standard. 

 No transfer fee so all the money goes to the player. It'll cost them around £20m a year. 

Mahrez (£60m, 5 year deal and 200k a week) works out at roughly £22m a year for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Red Devil
25 minutes ago, The Realist said:

 No transfer fee so all the money goes to the player. It'll cost them around £20m a year. 

Mahrez (£60m, 5 year deal and 200k a week) works out at roughly £22m a year for example.

City fans hate him as well, want's to be a maverick rather than a team player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

City fans hate him as well, want's to be a maverick rather than a team player. 

TBH, i hate this new generation of city fans, I remember when they used to be a proper club. Now just living on dirty oil money. Bit like Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Red Devil
2 minutes ago, The Realist said:

TBH, i hate this new generation of city fans, I remember when they used to be a proper club. Now just living on dirty oil money. Bit like Chelsea.

Totally agree mate, you don't have to work with them. 

The best they can throw at you is United have spent more money than us, when the reality is we've earnt the cash through commercial and match revenue. This is a fact totally lost on them. 

Reality is they were a no bit football club with traditional support, now it's like an alien aircraft has landed in north Manchester and they are convinced they are one of the worlds elite football clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to the lad. If 'whatever' club is willing to pay that kind of dosh to him and he is happy to move then he'd be a fool to turn it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah they'll be super taxed won't they!! Don't they get taxed 40% or 50%?

looks like Italy's top rate income tax is 43%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Red Devil
49 minutes ago, Harold said:

looks like Italy's top rate income tax is 43%.

That's if this isn't a contract agreed after tax..

And even if it is he's still raking in the best part of 220k a week!!!

Like you said, fair fucks to the lad. If I were in their position I'd be looking to maximise my earnings, their careers are short and they have a lifestyle to maintain once the gravy train stalls to halt at 34 years of age. 

Even the players going to China  who've got limited ability, I see no shame in taking what you can get. Obviously the elite players like Ronaldo and Messi don't really need to worry because their commercial deals are earning them close to a million a week anyway and if you believe reports this week they actually think Messi is earning well over the million mark. 

But the likes of Fellani and Pelle going to China makes total sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    3,836
    Total Topics
    37,398
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    414
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    noithathoathinh
    Newest Member
    noithathoathinh
    Joined


My Football Forum

Nearing 20 years old, My Football Forum was Established in March 2002 making us one of the original football forums. For years fans have been discussing the great game we love!

Your Links Here

This is an example of a list.

Your Link and Description Here

Email My Football Forum if your interested in having your website promoted here

Your Link and Description Here

Email My Football Forum if your interested in having your website promoted here

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.