• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 369 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

The Realist

Your Best Away Day Ever!

COCA-COLA CUP FINAL (April 6, 1997)

Middlesbrough 1 Leicester 1 (AET)

Even though we drew and then had to have a replay, I absolutely loved the whole day, stayed at my brothers house in London and went to the game with him and my dad, was a nice warm day too. Not really been to any decent away games and haven't been to any for a good number of years. 

Loads so struggle to pinpoint one single trip. 

Always found the clubs that gave us a bigger allocation would get the best atmosphere. Blackburn away and Wigan were often bouncing. Also went to Barnsley away in the league cup 2009 or 2010, the place was bouncing and got a bit feisty. 

36 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Loads so struggle to pinpoint one single trip. 

Always found the clubs that gave us a bigger allocation would get the best atmosphere. Blackburn away and Wigan were often bouncing. Also went to Barnsley away in the league cup 2009 or 2010, the place was bouncing and got a bit feisty. 

Yeah you being Man U, winning everything etc,must be hard. Not that i'm jealous like, i just love being Blues.

36 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Yeah you being Man U, winning everything etc,must be hard. Not that i'm jealous like, i just love being Blues.

To be fair always found the Wembley trips very stressful, worst being the City semi-final defeat. The place was toxic as the police had totally underestimated the hate between United and City. City turned up with women and kids because they'd not been to Wembley in decades and we turned up with our usually firm and it made a for a really bad mix as a lot of the trouble was United related. 

City when we beat them to qualify for the champions League, definitely up there.

The 4-4 against Arse, was nearly out of the stadium when Jenas pulled one back and managed to get back in before Lennon equalised.

Don't get to too many aways now unless they're around London. Shame.

Had a right few good days up at Pittodrie in the past. Like the Realist the 1999 game at Parkhead was special.....bevvy during the afternoon before the game, the celebrations at the ground then a huge fuck off sash up in a pub when we got back. Couple of others....the 1973 & 2002 Scottish Cup finals both against Celtic.....great times before and after the games which we won. Memories...aaahh!