Jump to content
My Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hairy Scot

The Compliance Officer

Recommended Posts

This came up on another forum that I use.

In Scottish Football we have a woman who works for the legal firm used by Celtic, she is called a compliance officer which means she makes decisions on games that 'she chooses' for retrospective action. Since 2017 14 Rangers players have been cited for incidents the referee didn't see, not a single Celtic player has been cited in that time.

This is a good one, in 2016 Scott Brown was cited for an off the ball incident, normally the decision is made a few days after the incident but on this occasion the SFA claimed the compliance officer was 'on holiday' as it was Easter so the incident was not reviewed until after the next game which coincidentally was against Rangers, Scott Brown was banned for the following game after being allowed to play against Rangers. Now Rangers have just had a player 'fast-tracked' so a decision was made less than 48 hours so they could miss this weekends important cup game, thats not the worse of it though, Kenny Miller was also 'fast tracked' during the christmas holiday period so he could be suspended for the next match which was coincidentally against Celtic, I mean wasn't the compliance officer on holiday then or what. It's as blatant as you can get.

The compliance officer was set up after Celtic's campaign against the Scottish referees which saw every referee in Scotland go on strike meaning we had refs from Luxembourg reffing our games until Celtic got what they wanted, a compliance officer, Celtic have had less yellow and red cards than any other team since this position started.

Ryan Jack 36 league games for Rangers 4 red cards
Ryan Jack 189 league games for Aberdeen 2 red cards

Alfredo Morelos 58 league games for Rangers 3 red cards
Alfredo Morelos 28 league games for Helsinki 0 red cards

Scott Brown 111 league games for Hibernian 2 red cards
Scott Brown 336 league games for Celtic 2 red cards

 

Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

This came up on another forum that I use.

In Scottish Football we have a woman who works for the legal firm used by Celtic, she is called a compliance officer which means she makes decisions on games that 'she chooses' for retrospective action. Since 2017 14 Rangers players have been cited for incidents the referee didn't see, not a single Celtic player has been cited in that time.

This is a good one, in 2016 Scott Brown was cited for an off the ball incident, normally the decision is made a few days after the incident but on this occasion the SFA claimed the compliance officer was 'on holiday' as it was Easter so the incident was not reviewed until after the next game which coincidentally was against Rangers, Scott Brown was banned for the following game after being allowed to play against Rangers. Now Rangers have just had a player 'fast-tracked' so a decision was made less than 48 hours so they could miss this weekends important cup game, thats not the worse of it though, Kenny Miller was also 'fast tracked' during the christmas holiday period so he could be suspended for the next match which was coincidentally against Celtic, I mean wasn't the compliance officer on holiday then or what. It's as blatant as you can get.

The compliance officer was set up after Celtic's campaign against the Scottish referees which saw every referee in Scotland go on strike meaning we had refs from Luxembourg reffing our games until Celtic got what they wanted, a compliance officer, Celtic have had less yellow and red cards than any other team since this position started.
  
Ryan Jack 36 league games for Rangers 4 red cards
Ryan Jack 189 league games for Aberdeen 2 red cards

Alfredo Morelos 58 league games for Rangers 3 red cards
Alfredo Morelos 28 league games for Helsinki 0 red cards

Scott Brown 111 league games for Hibernian 2 red cards
Scott Brown 336 league games for Celtic 2 red cards

 

Any thoughts?

This just sounds corrupt as fuck if you ask me!!

Surely there should be a representative from each football club who help her decide?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harold said:

No, that wasn't deemed worthy.

Did he get sent off for that challenge or not? 

How can that not be worthy or having a look at, who decides if its worthy or not!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Did he get sent off for that challenge or not? 

How can that not be worthy or having a look at, who decides if its worthy or not!!

don't think any fucker knows how certain incidents are looked at/deemed worthy.....apart from perhaps BBC's Sportscene who concentrate on Rangers alleged misdemeanours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Harold said:

don't think any fucker knows how certain incidents are looked at/deemed worthy.....apart from perhaps BBC's Sportscene who concentrate on Rangers alleged misdemeanours.

Yeah too right. That was a straight red all day long. I would deem that violent play and worthy of a 3 match ban. Hey ho, different rules for them. I'm feeling the need to write to the SFA about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    3,636
    Total Topics
    32,423
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    387
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    World Cup Facts
    Newest Member
    World Cup Facts
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.