Jump to content
boro_boy

Commentators and Player Names

Recommended Posts

This is starting to annoy me, why are some players just called by the surname like Ronaldo, then other players like Billy Sharp who's playing for Sheffield United they use their first name and last name, why not just Sharpe???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I laugh out loud at commentators' attempts to pronounce foreign names, especially those with a 'J' or a 'V'.

My favourite was "Van Der Vart", which should be pronounced "Fan Der Fart". But the comms obviously thought that might be rude.  

And of course dear old José who I am sure must have been pissed of with the constant mispronunciation of his name.

 

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, boro_boy said:

This is starting to annoy me, why are some players just called by the surname like Ronaldo, then other players like Billy Sharp who's playing for Sheffield United they use their first name and last name, why not just Sharpe???

Cos they know there is a Boro fan who is easy to wind up, sitting getting fucking wound up about it......:flashing-lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Used to be a commentator that could say Scholes and used to say Shholes. 

Can't remember his name though. 

Would like Jamie Oliver to have commented on a Utd game back then, the lisping stuttering fecker. Sssthsssssthsssthsscholesssssthssthsss, Giggssssssssththth. Still can't believe he was chosen to advertise Sainsburys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

He does my tits in. Glad his restaurants are failing. They just have overpriced food. 

He has to be one of if not my most hated celebrity. Never liked him, he is a total fraud. Remember him spouting and being paid to promote organic stuff, then he was found to be using battery hen eggs in his restaurants. He also has a face only a cosh could love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2019 at 09:11, boro_boy said:

This is starting to annoy me, why are some players just called by the surname like Ronaldo, then other players like Billy Sharp who's playing for Sheffield United they use their first name and last name, why not just Sharpe???

What pisses me off is the use of the full name when there is no other player with the same surname on the field.

eg Roberto Carlos, Sergio Ramos, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

He does my tits in. Glad his restaurants are failing. They just have overpriced food. 

Dreadful mate went to the one in Manchester with the wife thinking it would be a treat and it was cold and rushed. The food was bloody average as well and it was wasn't long after it was being slated in the papers. 

The venue was an old converted bank and it was just weird, it didn't feel like a place you should be eating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Dreadful mate went to the one in Manchester with the wife thinking it would be a treat and it was cold and rushed. The food was bloody average as well and it was wasn't long after it was being slated in the papers. 

The venue was an old converted bank and it was just weird, it didn't feel like a place you should be eating.

Sounds like Wetherspoon.     :mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Sounds like Wetherspoon.     :mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon:

We've been to Wetherspoons in Cumbernauld a couple of times recently. It had been a lounge bar previously and they just moved in & done it up a bit. Food was excellent and very reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

We've been to Wetherspoons in Cumbernauld a couple of times recently. It had been a lounge bar previously and they just moved in & done it up a bit. Food was excellent and very reasonable.

I've been in two. One in Ayr, which used to be the West Kirk. The other in Greenock. which used to be the main post office.

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Sounds like Wetherspoon.     :mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon:

It was a bit better than a Wetherspoons in fairness but when it was opened in Manchester it was big news. I went with high expectations and went away livid with the service and standard of the food. 

My missus meal was an absolute disgrace and I actually complained online, they offered us a free meal but we never took it up as we're not the type to freeload especially when we had a complaint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    3,478
    Total Topics
    29,704
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    357
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    dhhvtuyensinhso
    Newest Member
    dhhvtuyensinhso
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.