Jump to content
Mr Magnificent

Favourite Boozer

Recommended Posts

What is your favourite Boozer?

I do very much like The Green Dragon at Sambourne.

My favourite watering hole of the past 30 years though is here. Just across the road from Wast Hills which is Birmingham City's training ground. 

 

man-on-the-moon-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite has changed a number of times due to my migratory paths.   :flashing-lol:

Since 2007 I've divided my loyalties between The Bays Club and Speakers Corner in Browns Bay, Auckland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

What is your favourite Boozer?

I do very much like The Green Dragon at Sambourne.

My favourite watering hole of the past 30 years though is here. Just across the road from Wast Hills which is Birmingham City's training ground. 

 

man-on-the-moon-2.jpg

Maybe this is why Birmingham are so shit, they eat and drink here before/after training?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Maybe this is why Birmingham are so shit, they eat and drink here before/after training?

I used to drink on a Friday night before my Saturday morning game, then have a few at lunch time before my Saturday afternoon game.

Didn't impair my performance.    :blobl-grimace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I used to drink on a Friday night before my Saturday morning game, then have a few at lunch time before my Saturday afternoon game.

Didn't impair my performance.    :blobl-grimace:

I bet it didn't impair your performance at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Maybe this is why Birmingham are so shit, they eat and drink here before/after training?

You're never gonna make it as a comedian mate.

Stick to sailing! :)

12 minutes ago, Harold said:

Image result for woodside falkirk images

Related image

 

Image result for wheatsheaf pub falkirk images

 

Both in Falkirk

Both those look excellent mate.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

My two are just across the road from each other.

 

Bays Club

bays.thumb.JPG.d3acf5aa1b4281a2fd25be2c568e545f.JPG

 

Speakers Corner

452747234_bays3.thumb.JPG.1edb34665a5380febe41a20605f608fb.JPG

 

The View from that corner

801969176_bays2.thumb.JPG.7165b8b0e32f2563081b11942f690dae.JPG

Are they within walking distance mate? 

Are drink driving laws strict in NZ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

 

Both those look excellent mate.

Are they within walking distance mate? 

Are drink driving laws strict in NZ?

I take the bus. Thirty minute journey. It's free and I don't have to worry about parking or breathalysers.

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my whole adult life, it has been Romas in Newtownards, only ever changing when the IRA blew it up in 93......

 

 

 

14579041705_d195523806_b.jpg

However, over the years, the bar staff have gradually moved on or retired, the new ones seem to have a bit of an attitude,  so we have moved on to The Parlour, cracking wee bar with great staff and live music......

 

 

the-parlour.jpg

the-parlour-bar.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pretty Boy Aetius said:

For my whole adult life, it has been Romas in Newtownards, only ever changing when the IRA blew it up in 93......

 

 

 

14579041705_d195523806_b.jpg

However, over the years, the bar staff have gradually moved on or retired, the new ones seem to have a bit of an attitude,  so we have moved on to The Parlour, cracking wee bar with great staff and live music......

 

 

the-parlour.jpg

the-parlour-bar.jpg

do ye throw some moves in the Parlour ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harold said:

do ye throw some moves in the Parlour ?

Plenty do mate, I throw a few shapes in the bathroom mirror when no one is about.....lol

2 minutes ago, The Realist said:

 

Thats how a proper pub should be.

the-old-crown.jpg

Absolutely mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would rather no disclose this weirdo with any info about where I go drinking. 

Might follow me in the toilets to sneak a peak at my manhood. 

 

In terms of locals, I don't a have particular boozer I go in all the time but there are a few nearby I'd have a few pints with mates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am all for wooden floors.

Sawdust anyone?

1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

Would rather no disclose this weirdo with any info about where I go drinking. 

Might follow me in the toilets to sneak a peak at my manhood. 

 

In terms of locals, I don't a have particular boozer I go in all the time but there are a few nearby I'd have a few pints with mates. 

Oh shut up crying you girl! Like a fricking two year old you are!

Don't post here then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I am all for wooden floors.

Sawdust anyone?

Oh shut up crying you girl! Like a fricking two year old you are!

Don't post here then!

Don't post here?

I'm pretty certain we've all made it perfectly clear we don't want you posting here, but like the bad smell you re you just won't leave. 

So I'm gonna keep reminding people of the kind of guy you are, the kind of guy who PM's people drunk to discuss their cock and also mock people who's wives are sick with illnesses. 

There is a long list of things these new lads need to know about you before you start trying to get to know them personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harold said:

Okay....the pair of you....cut it fucking out or the thread gets locked!

Hang on a minute, Red Devil made a perfectly good post, with valid reason's behind it, for stating why he does not want to disclose his local. As i have said in the past Harold, you dont know the history of negan/locke, or whatever name he chooses. We have had years of his shite. Was you on here when negan was messaging RedDevil claiming to be in a pub near his house, making weird threats, involving his family??

What you should have done, is shouted down MrM for his girly comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Harold said:

Okay....the pair of you....cut it fucking out or the thread gets locked!

Top man Harold! :salute:

 

3 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Hang on a minute, Red Devil made a perfectly good post, with valid reason's behind it, for stating why he does not want to disclose his local. As i have said in the past Harold, you dont know the history of negan/locke, or whatever name he chooses. We have had years of his shite. Was you on here when negan was messaging RedDevil claiming to be in a pub near his house, making weird threats, involving his family??

What you should have done, is shouted down MrM for his girly comments.

Aren't you supposed to be a senior manager big rufty tufty Zulu Warrior? 

You sound like a ten year old girl with your crying.

Don't post in her if you are not comfortable! Simples!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Top man Harold! :salute:

 

Aren't you supposed to be a senior manager big rufty tufty Zulu Warrior? 

You sound like a ten year old girl with your crying.

Don't post in her if you are not comfortable! Simples!

I find it sad you deem the truth as crying, anyhow take a look back at what @Harold said, and behave yourself. You are actually the one doing the crying, sadly you are too stupid to see it. We have had enough over the years of you causing threads to be closed. Grow up FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Hang on a minute, Red Devil made a perfectly good post, with valid reason's behind it, for stating why he does not want to disclose his local. As i have said in the past Harold, you dont know the history of negan/locke, or whatever name he chooses. We have had years of his shite. Was you on here when negan was messaging RedDevil claiming to be in a pub near his house, making weird threats, involving his family??

What you should have done, is shouted down MrM for his girly comments.

I don't want it escalating.

Fuck this....bitch away on pm if you want but this fucking locked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okey doke. Thread now unlocked as things have calmed down & I believe it is a decent subject that can be added to. I haven't deleted any posts as they were from both sides and others can make their own minds up....but please.....no adding like minded comments to said posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

I take the bus. Thirty minute journey. It's free and I don't have to worry about parking or breathalysers.

What kind of temperature you get Hairy?

Looks a lovely wee area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    3,480
    Total Topics
    29,741
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    359
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    hangngaytuvi
    Newest Member
    hangngaytuvi
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.