Red Devil

The rise of Salford City

All be it backed by wealthy owners (Class of 92) the rise of Salford city over the last five years has been incredible. The stadium redevelopment and rise up the league pyramid must have surprised even the investors who would have expected a few seasons of stability at each level before hitting the national league now they are in the playoff positions falling from the automatic spots which they've occupied most of the season. 

Recently they signed Devonte Redmond who was recently released by United and also talked of with high prospects. 

The stadium redevelopment is incredible as well, I played several times at the old stadium but now it's easily league 1 standard.

Is this club going to have good links with United then?

Like will they be loaning their players to Salford City to get them fit and give them experience?

Or are United and Salford not seeing eye to eye?

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Is this club going to have good links with United then?

Like will they be loaning their players to Salford City to get them fit and give them experience?

Or are United and Salford not seeing eye to eye?

I think the relationship will be fantastic once they've climbed the pyramid enough to be beneficial to United. Currently, they are at least two levels below where we need to be sending our young loan players at the moment. 

United fans are all behind Salford as it's a nice little side story due to the connection with the owners. We will never be on the same level so it's not going to ever be an issue. 

You also have Paul Scholes at Oldham, I believe he will be using his connections to loan players from United as well as maybe taking on released players. 

Posted (edited)

The class of 92 have ripped the heart out of that club giving it a much more corporate image, they have changed the colour of the kit, the club logo and basically pushed the fans before they took over to the back of the queue. Sadly the club has no real identity now as it’s just a fucktoy to these ruthless people

Edited by redblood

Ripped the heart of the club!

They used to get about 30 to 50 fans a game with little impact in the area, it's now a fully functioning football club that offers much needed jobs to people of the area. They are now getting attendances over the 1000 mark and from what most people can see the area is loving it. 

Fair enough they changed the colour of the kit and badge but they wouldn't be the first club to change the clubs crest, Premier league clubs do this pretty often. The old logo involved a lion and so does the new one, it's hardly a groundbreaking change. Yes the home kit's colour has changed but that's just a clever marketing ploy, who want's to wear a gastly orange football shirt with jeans to the football. 

As for knowing the club, I'm from Manchester, most of my family are from the Salford area and they are all buzzing about the rise of the football club. 

I don't know the politics of the club & changes, I just keep a wee eye on the National League table & results....mainly as I often include a game in my coupon. At the start of the season I thought Salford were going to walk the league but they seem to have fallen away slightly and I think they are about 4th or 5th at them moment. I know there was a guy who played for Aberdeen (Adam Rooney) and was leaving the other season & opted for Salford rather than remain up here.

11 minutes ago, Harold said:

I don't know the politics of the club & changes, I just keep a wee eye on the National League table & results....mainly as I often include a game in my coupon. At the start of the season I thought Salford were going to walk the league but they seem to have fallen away slightly and I think they are about 4th or 5th at them moment. I know there was a guy who played for Aberdeen (Adam Rooney) and was leaving the other season & opted for Salford rather than remain up here.

Yes that was a huge transfer for Salford, what a statement it is for a player to move from the top flight of English football to what is our fifth division. Crazy stuff really and yes it's financed by people with money but they aren't daft men, there is something in this for them as well. 

I'm not sure if Redblood actually knows the development of grass roots football this is having in the area of Salford, they've got kids team, womens team and they've also now got a fully functioning academy. On a side note the class of 92 have set up their own college and are helping young people in the area develop in education. 

It's easy to say they took a football club and completely changed it and yes they did to a certain degree but for the better of the community. I think you'd find only a handful of people would speak negatively about what they've done for the club and the area.