My Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bastion

PSG v United

31 minutes ago, Pretty Boy Aetius said:

Ok, advantage PSG, but United are capable of turning this around......

Up and at them........

BELIEVE!

😂😂😂😂😂

That is all 

If we wasn't riddled with injuries I'd say we could do something in this tie but I think it's a step too far for some of the lads we're asking to step up to Champions league level. 

Having said that if we hold them out and snatch a goal it set panic in their support and maybe in their team. 

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Men v boys tonight surely? The state of that Manchester bench.... 

Would love them to turn it round though. Never met a Frenchman I liked..

And that we did!

Amazing night.

As good as a result it is, no taking that away, it's never a penalty and VAR is going to kill the game.

10 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

As good as a result it is, no taking that away, it's never a penalty and VAR is going to kill the game.

As an old school fan i agree but that type of "handball" has been the norm for a few yrs now so i'll take it

19 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

That Penalty was NEVER a penalty. 

But VAR said it was. See, the game is all about opinions and who is to say those in the stands with the replays will always be correct. VAR will destroy the emotional aspect of football.

6 minutes ago, Harold said:

But VAR said it was. See, the game is all about opinions and who is to say those in the stands with the replays will always be correct. VAR will destroy the emotional aspect of football.

Yeah fair one. Its a pathetic judgement. 

The referee on BT Sport went against all the explained and said it was a Penalty based on his knowledge of the rules......

He also said, as from June, a hand ball regardless of intent, Will be a Penalty. 

8 minutes ago, Bastion said:

The referee on BT Sport went against all the explained and said it was a Penalty based on his knowledge of the rules......

He also said, as from June, a hand ball regardless of intent, Will be a Penalty. 

That is the current interpretation of the rule.

It's the same as a tackle being deemed a foul regardless of intent.

17 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

That is the current interpretation of the rule.

It's the same as a tackle being deemed a foul regardless of intent.

So, in your mind, a ball to arm shot, is a Penalty regardless of intent or knowledge on the current rules?

6 minutes ago, Bastion said:

So, in your mind, a ball to arm shot, is a Penalty regardless of intent or knowledge on the current rules?

That's how I read it mate. I'm pretty sure the rules contain no mention of intent. I may well be mistaken.

I do remember that we were always coached to keep our arms by our sides at all time. We even had a coach who had us use a belt to hold our wrists by our waists.

11 minutes ago, Bastion said:

2 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

That's how I read it mate. I'm pretty sure the rules contain no mention of intent. I may well be mistaken.

I do remember that we were always coached to keep our arms by our sides at all time. We even had a coach who had us use a belt to hold our wrists by our waists.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

and from that...

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
  • touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
  • hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence

The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. Inside their penalty area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any related sanction but can be guilty of handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

Just now, Hairy Scot said:

Here's the thing,  why did all 4 ex-players on BT Sport say it was not a Penalty,  if a Penalty should be awarded apon contact with arm/hand regardless of intent/knowledge ?