Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

Here's the thing,  why did all 4 ex-players on BT Sport say it was not a Penalty,  if a Penalty should be awarded apon contact with arm/hand regardless of intent/knowledge ?

No idea.

Have you read the rules lately?

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

 

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

 

and from that...

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

  • the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
  • touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
  • hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence

The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. Inside their penalty area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any related sanction but can be guilty of handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

Again it's all about interpretation by the officials.

There just has to be a suggestion of movement. So what happens is that the lowest common denominator is applied because it makes life easier.

Keep your hands and arms down and there is no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Here's the thing,  why did all 4 ex-players on BT Sport say it was not a Penalty,  if a Penalty should be awarded apon contact with arm/hand regardless of intent/knowledge ?

Because that former referee , like most referees, will agree and defend most decisions made by other officials. 

Hes a bit of a crackpot and has come away with other such no nonsense in the past. 

If you watch it again I’m sure it actually hits his thigh / top of the leg before hitting his arm. 

No movement of arm to ball. No real attempt to make his body bigger. No intent whatsoever... absolutely never a penalty.

I always think ‘how would I feel if it was given against me’... I would be gutted to go out to a decision like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Again it's all about interpretation by the officials.

But, going by the rule, their interpretation must be that it was 'deliberate'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harold said:

But, going by the rule, their interpretation must be that it was 'deliberate'.

Precisely.

It's about the letter rather than the spirit of the law.

Which is probably justified because footballers are a bunch of cheating prima donnas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

No idea.

Have you read the rules lately?

Again it's all about interpretation by the officials.

There just has to be a suggestion of movement. So what happens is that the lowest common denominator is applied because it makes life easier.

Keep your hands and arms down and there is no problem.

There will be no interpretation from June.

11 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Because that former referee , like most referees, will agree and defend most decisions made by other officials. 

Hes a bit of a crackpot and has come away with other such no nonsense in the past. 

If you watch it again I’m sure it actually hits his thigh / top of the leg before hitting his arm. 

No movement of arm to ball. No real attempt to make his body bigger. No intent whatsoever... absolutely never a penalty.

I always think ‘how would I feel if it was given against me’... I would be gutted to go out to a decision like that.

I wouldn't have gave it, what I'm saying is, come June, it WILL be a Penalty regardless of all the stuff you highlight.......

 

Making life easier for a ref.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically from June, players can delibrately kick a ball at a player's arm and in a penalty.

That's just stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

So basically from June, players can deliberately kick a ball at a player's arm and win a penalty.

That's just stupid. 

Fuck me!

Most of them can't hit a barn door.

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Harold said:

personally think that will be a nightmare. EG...a skilled player who is struggling to pass to a teammate or stuck trying to get a cross in then deliberately kicks the ball off an opponents hand/arm, situations like that.

Fuck me!

Most of them can't hit a barn door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Fuck me!

Most of them can't hit a barn door.

won't stop them trying though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bastion said:

Bit more clarity,  which the ref didn't highlight last night.

Screenshot_20190307-150507_Gallery.jpg

Fucking rules are becoming more and more complex mate. Used to be so simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neymar forced his way through the corridor to outside the officials' office after United’s win in Paris and had to be restrained by members of the PSG staff. (source: Mirror) 

Jesus fucking Christ,how dare they celebrate,FUCK YOU PSG

PSG's chiefs were furious at Patrice Evra, Pogba and other members of Manchester United’s delegation as they celebrated the win in the tunnel area. PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi destroyed a door in his post-game fury. (source: Mirror) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Normski said:

Neymar forced his way through the corridor to outside the officials' office after United’s win in Paris and had to be restrained by members of the PSG staff.

After his embarrassing antics at the World Cup, this is another for his CV....:flashing-lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Harold said:

After his embarrassing antics at the World Cup, this is another for his CV....:flashing-lol:

He has said on his Instagram the officials can go fuck themselves,wait and see if UEFA charge him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Normski said:

He has said on his Instagram the officials can go fuck themselves,wait and see if UEFA charge him!

Hopefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Utd fan stabbed in the chest last night by a taxi driver 

4 of them in his cab celebrating on the way to city centre,he pulled over,pulled the knife on a female passenger and the guy intervened,what a cunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 hours later still can't believe we are still in the competition and have to admit I feel we're the form team going into the later stages. 

Not felt this optimistic about winning it in years. If we can pull a decent quarter-final draw you just never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy in my work fanatical PSG supporter didn't say a word all day, in total shock.

Spoke to him in private and he told me it will take a couple of days to get his thoughts together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Normski said:

A Utd fan stabbed in the chest last night by a taxi driver 

4 of them in his cab celebrating on the way to city centre,he pulled over,pulled the knife on a female passenger and the guy intervened,what a cunt

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been to Paris a couple of times and I have to say I found them all without fail utter cunts!! 

In fairness I’ve also met French people from other regions who all agreed of my opinion of Parisians 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I’ve been to Paris a couple of times and I have to say I found them all without fail utter cunts!! 

In fairness I’ve also met French people from other regions who all agreed of my opinion of Parisians 

To be fair, I have thought the same about Taxi Drivers.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    3,460
    Total Topics
    29,546
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    355
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    babuimran
    Newest Member
    babuimran
    Joined
  • Forum Statistics For: Saturday

    • Total Posts
      1
    • Total Topics
      0
    • Total Members
      0
  • 8 Premier League

    You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.