EURO 2020 - Don't forget to put your predictions in before 5pm on Sunday. ×

What the **** is everyone up to

Makdee

Just changed running app from Strava to the inbuilt phone health app because I wanted to see the difference in quality. 

Ran my usual route and noticed at the first Klm I was much further down my route before it actually hit 1klm. 

So kept with it until I got home knowing something wasn't right as my usual 5klm would finish much further back allowing me a bit of walking time to cool off. 

Using a distance measure tool is use to map routes on my computer the distance I actually ran was 5.8klm.

How innacurate is that. My missus has been using the same app for months so all her runs have been further than she thinks and at a much better pace per klm. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Just changed running app from Strava to the inbuilt phone health app because I wanted to see the difference in quality. 

Ran my usual route and noticed at the first Klm I was much further down my route before it actually hit 1klm. 

So kept with it until I got home knowing something wasn't right as my usual 5klm would finish much further back allowing me a bit of walking time to cool off. 

Using a distance measure tool is use to map routes on my computer the distance I actually ran was 5.8klm.

How innacurate is that. My missus has been using the same app for months so all her runs have been further than she thinks and at a much better pace per klm. 

Hmmmmm.....Best head scratcher GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

• Site Owner
19 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Yeah that's a bit shit. Its clearly using the same GPS sensor so very strange why it does that. What phone so you have?

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

Hmmmmm.....Best head scratcher GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

You taking the piss out of me mate 😂

Just now, boro_boy said:

Yeah that's a bit shit. Its clearly using the same GPS sensor so very strange why it does that. What phone so you have?

Hauwei

The phone is fucking mega mate, had loads of I phones and a few Samsung galaxy's but this is the best quality by far but the GPS is absolute dogshite, shouldn't be that far out. 

I did wonder if it was Strava that was wrong but like I said I checked it using a distance  measuring tool when I got back and it was 5.8klm that I actually ran. 

Not only that my time was 28.50 when I run around 25 minutes for 5lkm usually. 

• Site Owner
1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

Hauwei

The phone is fucking mega mate, had loads of I phones and a few Samsung galaxy's but this is the best quality by far but the GPS is absolute dogshite, shouldn't be that far out. 

I did wonder if it was Strava that was wrong but like I said I checked it using a distance  measuring tool when I got back and it was 5.8klm that I actually ran. 

Not only that my time was 28.50 when I run around 25 minutes for 5lkm usually. 

Surely it's the app though and not the phones GPS as didn't you say it was fine when using Strava?

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Surely it's the app though and not the phones GPS as didn't you say it was fine when using Strava?

I'm not as tech Savvy as you, how can it be fine with Strava and not with the inbuilt app then? 

You think it was reading slower today? 

Just checked back and I've used the app twice before and both times seem fine. 

Edited by Red Devil

• Site Owner
3 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

I'm not as tech Savvy as you, how can it be fine with Strava and not with the inbuilt app then? 

You think it was reading slower today? 

Just checked back and I've used the app twice before and both times seem fine. 

Did you have your phone in the same position on your body as when you used it with Strava,

I believe if you used Strava on your phone and that was fine, it has to be the in built app fucking it up. It might log the GPS locations less so not being accurate.

Other people.have reported in accuracy of the app. 

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us01057341/

9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Just googled it, loads of people complaining about the same issues on the Huawei community..........can't believe there is a huawei community. 

How shit is that, back to Strava it is then. 

Just now, boro_boy said:

Did you have your phone in the same position on your body as when you used it with Strava,

I believe if you used Strava on your phone and that was fine, it has to be the in built app fucking it up. It might log the GPS locations less so not being accurate.

Other people.have reported in accuracy of the app. 

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us01057341/

Just read that myself. 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Red Devil said:

You taking the piss out of me mate 😂

certainly not....it just seems strange to a dinosaur like me that people like yourself who enjoy running for excercise wear watches to monitor progress.....everything is 'apps' nowadays & I don't really relate to that word.

59 minutes ago, Harold said:

certainly not....it just seems strange to a dinosaur like me that people like yourself who enjoy running for excercise wear watches to monitor progress.....everything is 'apps' nowadays & I don't really relate to that word.

To be honest the fitness apps are fantastic especially Strava which actually maps out your run and breaks it down to sections for you. 

It's like a mini social media for exercise and it can be really competitive because you know your friends can see what you've done so you often find yourself pushing that little more distance or speed to be better than each other. My often tells me he wouldn't have gone out for a run if he hadn't see that I'd been out. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

To be honest the fitness apps are fantastic especially Strava which actually maps out your run and breaks it down to sections for you. 

It's like a mini social media for exercise and it can be really competitive because you know your friends can see what you've done so you often find yourself pushing that little more distance or speed to be better than each other. My often tells me he wouldn't have gone out for a run if he hadn't see that I'd been out. 

I mind years ago at work there were these women in my team and they were always going on about 'apps' & the 'app' store. Hadn't a clue what the fuck they were on about and I naively asked....are they stores in every town ?....lol

• Super Moderator

Just back after being tested feckin nearly an hour each way wife driving me feeling like shit. Off to my bed now hopefully the result will be in within 24hours 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Just back after being tested feckin nearly an hour each way wife driving me feeling like shit. Off to my bed now hopefully the result will be in within 24hours 

get a good rest mate....hope you make a full recovery & take care my man.

31 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Hopefully all is good Mak, plenty of rest and fluids. 👍

• Administrator
On 28/04/2021 at 11:13, Harold said:

so I had to phone back again this morning and spoke to a lady who says she has got it sorted and will send a new contract by e-mail. We'll see what happens.

re my Virgin contract....the lady I spoke to did indeed get it sorted for me and I know have what was agreed. Funny thing was the three times I phoned I actually got  UK operatives (English not asian) which made it much easier. I'm not being racist but there IS a problem with language barriers. Anyway, unbeknown to me a complaint had been lodged on my behalf and I also got a call from a member of the complaints team apologising profusely!

• Administrator

Earlier this week the wife says we didn't need much at Tescos so I was just to go myself this morning...DANCER, I thought....in then out....no probs. Now, fucking now....she wants to go into the town centre to this shop to look for boots, then fucking Asdas, then fucking Tescos. Aaaargh!

14 minutes ago, Harold said:

Earlier this week the wife says we didn't need much at Tescos so I was just to go myself this morning...DANCER, I thought....in then out....no probs. Now, fucking now....she wants to go into the town centre to this shop to look for boots, then fucking Asdas, then fucking Tescos. Aaaargh!

Why two supermarkets?

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, cazcat said:

Why two supermarkets?

we do our main shop in Tescos but there are a couple of items she cannot get there so she wants to check Asda.....plus her wine is on offer there. Having said that I'll take advantage of the rum being on offer also although I don't really need it atm.....just building the stock up.

• Site Owner
15 minutes ago, Harold said:

we do our main shop in Tescos but there are a couple of items she cannot get there so she wants to check Asda.....plus her wine is on offer there. Having said that I'll take advantage of the rum being on offer also although I don't really need it atm.....just building the stock up.

Were very similar, I get my dishwasher tablets from Lidl £2.99 for 40 and they're good. I then get my easy peeler oranges and cheese from M&S then the rest from Tesco. It makes sense to go to seperate shops as they're all on the way to Tesco! 👍

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

It makes sense to go to seperate shops as they're all on the way to Tesco! 👍

I understand that mate.....but I just can't be arsed with it....stop, start....in, out. Me ?...........drive to shop, buy stuff, drive home.