Jump to content

What the **** is everyone up to


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here is Ewan with his big sister Orla. One delighted wee girl   

Nearly had the full works in Abu Dhabi in 2016, Indian barber shaved my napper, face, done my nasal and ear hair then massaged my scalp and neck. I politely refused when he offered me 'extra services'

Well it’s been a busy day came back in from the island and been waiting on news. So I am a granddaddy again number 6 born today Wee boy lb 8.7 no name yet. Going to have a few wee whisky to celebrate 

Posted Images

  • Super Moderator

Sitting getting absolutely rat arsed with a mate I have not seen face to face for 39 years or there about’s. He moved to Australia all those years ago and this is his first time back (in Scotland) though he is over here for a week. He is over with his wife and and when he goes back that’s it the docs gave him a year maybe 18 months if he is lucky.so he decided to go back to Glasgow for a while and come over here. So we are reminiscing and drinking to all the mates no longer here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Sitting getting absolutely rat arsed with a mate I have not seen face to face for 39 years or there about’s. He moved to Australia all those years ago and this is his first time back (in Scotland) though he is over here for a week. He is over with his wife and and when he goes back that’s it the docs gave him a year maybe 18 months if he is lucky.so he decided to go back to Glasgow for a while and come over here. So we are reminiscing and drinking to all the mates no longer here. 

Why does he only have a year?

Is he ill? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Sitting getting absolutely rat arsed with a mate I have not seen face to face for 39 years or there about’s. He moved to Australia all those years ago and this is his first time back (in Scotland) though he is over here for a week. He is over with his wife and and when he goes back that’s it the docs gave him a year maybe 18 months if he is lucky.so he decided to go back to Glasgow for a while and come over here. So we are reminiscing and drinking to all the mates no longer here. 

39 years is a long time mate and as you said when your old mate goes back home he only expects to live another  year or more.

Make the most of it, go over old times and most of all tell him he was a part of your life that you will never forget.

Before he goes back home give him and his wife a big hug and tell them they have a cherished place in your life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Why does he only have a year?

Is he ill? 

Nah he is just fed up. Yes he has cancer and it’s terminal 

35 minutes ago, sployal said:

39 years is a long time mate and as you said when your old mate goes back home he only expects to live another  year or more.

Make the most of it, go over old times and most of all tell him he was a part of your life that you will never forget.

Before he goes back home give him and his wife a big hug and tell them they have a cherished place in your life.

Exactly what I am planning I have known him since we started primary school together. I can’t believe how upbeat he is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
10 hours ago, Makdee said:

Sitting getting absolutely rat arsed with a mate I have not seen face to face for 39 years or there about’s. He moved to Australia all those years ago and this is his first time back (in Scotland) though he is over here for a week. He is over with his wife and and when he goes back that’s it the docs gave him a year maybe 18 months if he is lucky.so he decided to go back to Glasgow for a while and come over here. So we are reminiscing and drinking to all the mates no longer here. 

Good to meet up with old buddies Mak. Unfortunate circumstances for you and your mate but I've no doubt meeting up will have given both of youse a wee lift. Enjoy the time youse have together mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
11 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

My Father has cancer too. He is terminal.

Refusing treatment as well.

Sorry to hear that mate it’s a horrible horrible disease. A few folk I know including my mate all refused treatment 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Busy day today.....the wife is having a few folk from the rambling club over the morra for lunch and some drinks so out shopping earlier to get the stuff bought then back home getting outdoor furniture cleaned and moved.....then......we take in the odd parcel for the chap next door when he's at work and normally it's a package or a couple of wee boxes but not today...no sir.....a mattress and five large boxes and heavy fuckers they are. He'd have a job carrying them round so I've got a loan of a sack barrow to assist. That's what neighbours are for!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
On 01/07/2019 at 15:18, Harold said:

Busy day today.....the wife is having a few folk from the rambling club over the morra for lunch and some drinks so out shopping earlier to get the stuff

Well the day is going well, pleased for my wife as she put on some fucking spread and everyone has enjoyed the eats and drinkypoos. Me ? Well this morning was busy as fuck with jobs to be done while she was preparing everything. They're blethering about shit that I've no interest in (rambling stuff etc etc) so I decided to help out and do the dishes. My back is fucked standing at the sink.....9 dinner plates.....9 sets of cutlery. 9 dessert bowls.....9 spoons. 9 cups for tea and coffee with fuckin 9 saucers & 9 tea spoons but not content with that.....9 fucking side dishes for cakes.....Now I must admit if it was me.....it would have been 9 sheets of fucking kitchen roll that could be flung away but hey ho, it's her day. Oh....and the dishes that had the salad stuff in them. Tumblers and a few odds and ends to be done later but in the meantime I'm fucking on it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

Well the day is going well, pleased for my wife as she put on some fucking spread and everyone has enjoyed the eats and drinkypoos. Me ? Well this morning was busy as fuck with jobs to be done while she was preparing everything. They're blethering about shit that I've no interest in (rambling stuff etc etc) so I decided to help out and do the dishes. My back is fucked standing at the sink.....9 dinner plates.....9 sets of cutlery. 9 dessert bowls.....9 spoons. 9 cups for tea and coffee with fuckin 9 saucers & 9 tea spoons but not content with that.....9 fucking side dishes for cakes.....Now I must admit if it was me.....it would have been 9 sheets of fucking kitchen roll that could be flung away but hey ho, it's her day. Oh....and the dishes that had the salad stuff in them. Tumblers and a few odds and ends to be done later but in the meantime I'm fucking on it!

Where ye told to on your best behaviour? ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
48 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Where ye told to on your best behaviour? ?

Aye.....:flashing-lol:....The guy that runs the rambling club was over and he is very opinionated but I wouldn't get into anything with him (especially as he downed a couple of bottles of red). Tbf....everything went smooth as fuck mate......especially the dish washing. I'm fucking booshed now though.....Tea coming up shortly...........THANK FUCK!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Having to phone the dentist the morra....while I was eating my tea the night I felt something wasn't right with a lower left tooth and on checking I've lost part pf a filling. Annoying thing is I was over a couple of weeks ago for a check up and got the all clear!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    6,100
    Total Topics
    136,324
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    605
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    Mighty Hammers
    Newest Member
    Mighty Hammers
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...