What the **** is everyone up to

Makdee

spent the day reading and having a wee peep in here....phoned in our gas & leccy meter readings, frigging 30 minutes it took which is longer than usual. Now waiting on a delivery of fucking logs for the wood burner that the wife ordered which will have to be de-bagged and stored but that bollocks will have to wait until the morra. 

1 hour ago, Makdee said:

Went for a swim earlier. Now off to see my TD about TV a letter proving I have been a resident here for over the years. Handy extra document for when o go to Copenhagen in a few weeks 

I not have an Irish passport Mak?

2 hours ago, Bastion said:

I not have an Irish passport Mak?

Nah cost way to much plus officially I wouldn’t be allowed to leave here for a year. Some weird rules here. The kids all have them big they only cost them 300 Euro  because they were born outside Ireland the youngest has one as he was born here 

2 hours ago, Makdee said:

Nah cost way to much plus officially I wouldn’t be allowed to leave here for a year. Some weird rules here. The kids all have them big they only cost them 300 Euro  because they were born outside Ireland the youngest has one as he was born here 

€300 if born outside Ireland? Didn't know that, that's steep.

6 hours ago, Harold said:

service or repair....gas I take it ?

Service mate. Im on LPG,  via a tank so it has to be an LPG registered guy.  I got 2 floor standing boilers, had filters fitted to the water thing too, to keep the shite out of the boilers, he has also installed the Hive smart heating thing. Decent price, tho what pisses me off is the facr Mrs Sa won't stay in the house when workmen are in, so I had too. It's Sean from down the pub FFS, he's done 5 or 6 jobs for us now, including the annual service for the last 3 years.

9 minutes ago, superally said:

Service mate. Im on LPG,  via a tank so it has to be an LPG registered guy.  I got 2 floor standing boilers, had filters fitted to the water thing too, to keep the shite out of the boilers, he has also installed the Hive smart heating thing. Decent price, tho what pisses me off is the facr Mrs Sa won't stay in the house when workmen are in, so I had too. It's Sean from down the pub FFS, he's done 5 or 6 jobs for us now, including the annual service for the last 3 years.

will you be a victim of the boris johnson death to gas boilers in the next few years. 

9 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

will you be a victim of the boris johnson death to gas boilers in the next few years. 

Guess so,  tho I don't have a clue as to what is going on regarding that kind of thing. Probably be dead by then tho.

10 minutes ago, superally said:

Guess so,  tho I don't have a clue as to what is going on regarding that kind of thing. Probably be dead by then tho.

you want to hope not ffs 😃

11 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

I've read a bit about these new heat pumps that they want everyone to install...blah, blah, blah.....yet to see anything about the actual cost apart from the fact that they will be very expensive, how homeowners who do not have the kind of extra cash that will be required to pay for them are actually 'supposed' to pay for them. Now those who are in council or social accommodation won't have to worry because the authorities will have to but that in itself provides another problem....rent and council tax increases....and remember the council tax rise for the installation of these systems will also be borne by homeowners who have also had to install the system on top. Because of the green zealots we are being financially fucked left right and centre!