EURO 2020 - Don't forget to put your predictions in before 5pm on Sunday. ×

What the **** is everyone up to

Makdee

• Administrator

Got one of the cat's to take to the vet's in about an hour for his booster jab. I don't relish this as he hates going in the cat box and fights and scratches like fuck. Thing is, when he is out of the box at the vet's getting his jab he is good as gold.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Harold said:

Got one of the cat's to take to the vet's in about an hour for his booster jab. I don't relish this as he hates going in the cat box and fights and scratches like fuck. Thing is, when he is out of the box at the vet's getting his jab he is good as gold.

The wife enticed the cat into the bathroom (where the cat box had already been placed) for a brush....I was told to close the door and stay out.....funnily enough she managed better without my assistance......:flashing-lol:.....All went well.

• Administrator

Dentist again today....another bit of filling fell out from the same tooth I had to get a temporary filling in about 5-6 weeks ago. Got another temporary. I have my 6 month check up in January and the dentists has said they'll x-ray it and it looks like a crown will be inserted. No more crisps or nuts now....bugger!

• Administrator

Was up the town this morning....it is our 40th Wedding Anniversary next weekend so I was after an appropriate card. There are three main card shops in the town centre and not one had a bloody card....'To my wife' etc etc. In fact the selection was piss poor. I had given up and was going back to the car when I remembered about a wee shop where I got her Christmas present last year and managed to get one & they only had three styles to choose from. I think it is discrimination against couples who have been married 40 years!

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Was up the town this morning....it is our 40th Wedding Anniversary next weekend so I was after an appropriate card. There are three main card shops in the town centre and not one had a bloody card....'To my wife' etc etc. In fact the selection was piss poor. I had given up and was going back to the car when I remembered about a wee shop where I got her Christmas present last year and managed to get one & they only had three styles to choose from. I think it is discrimination against couples who have been married 40 years!

Well probably not much call for them as most folk divorce one another rather than work through shite! 

My parents were married 43 years.

• Site Owner

Had the insignia MOTd today. Surprisingly passed with no advisories. So happy with that, got it serviced too. 

Cleaned the house and now watching End of the fucking world season 2. Also been watching the Young Offenders season 2, that's very funny.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Farmer Sue Tickles said:

Well probably not much call for them

But they should still cater for people in that situation. My main grievance was that the Ruby anniversary cards on display said....'On Your Anniversary' and not....'To my wife on Our Anniversary'.

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Also been watching the Young Offenders

seen that advertised earlier but I hate going on Catch up or whatever it's called.

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Had the insignia MOTd today. Surprisingly passed with no advisories. So happy with that, got it serviced too. 

Cleaned the house and now watching End of the fucking world season 2. Also been watching the Young Offenders season 2, that's very funny.

Good them Vauxhall's eh? 

• Administrator

Yesterday I wasn't up to anything...got up in the morning around 6.30am as usual but wasn't feeling great....nausea but not actually vomiting and an upset stomach with a dose of the scoots. Ended up having two slices of toast & a cup of tea, a shower and back to bed for 9.30am where I stayed until 6pm when I got up and had scrambled eggs and toast as I was starving then back to bed. Feeling a lot better today thank fuck.

50 minutes ago, Harold said:

Yesterday I wasn't up to anything...got up in the morning around 6.30am as usual but wasn't feeling great....nausea but not actually vomiting and an upset stomach with a dose of the scoots. Ended up having two slices of toast & a cup of tea, a shower and back to bed for 9.30am where I stayed until 6pm when I got up and had scrambled eggs and toast as I was starving then back to bed. Feeling a lot better today thank fuck.

Too many Captain Morgan's.

• 1 month later...