Hairy Scot

Rangers v Aberdeen - 1/4 final replay

Gerrard confirms big decision has been made on major March gamble

stevie%2Bpresser.png

Steven Gerrard last night confirmed March’s cup replay gamble involving Alfredo Morelos will indeed go ahead, and he will risk his star striker for the quarter final with the Dons despite the Colombian’s perilous position with yellow cards.
The 22-year old will be suspended for the semi, if Rangers win, should he be booked v Derek McInnes’ men, but his manager insists it’s not a gamble and he will always play the strongest team he has at his disposal regardless of suspensions.

He said:

“I’ll play the team I think is going to get the job done. I won’t pick players or leave players out on the basis of them being on yellow cards or the risk of suspension We are not in a position where we can take that luxury because that can smack you in the face in the short term. As I said, the priority now is Hibs and trying to get the three points. Assuming everyone comes through that healthy and available, I will pick the best team I think can beat Aberdeen.”

There had been suggestions Morelos’ importance was such that Gerrard might consider benching him v the Dons, but the manager has confirmed Morelos will start instead.

You know, I really have mixed feelings now about Morelos. Great scorer but is carded far too often for my liking. His petulant attitude is still there and I don't give a fuck about the 'he's still young' comments. He is all the man he'll ever be! Take a large transfer fee for him, get a decent striker in and use him (whoever) with Defoe!

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

You know, I really have mixed feelings now about Morelos. Great scorer but is carded far too often for my liking. His petulant attitude is still there and I don't give a fuck about the 'he's still young' comments. He is all the man he'll ever be! Take a large transfer fee for him, get a decent striker in and use him (whoever) with Defoe!

I said the same thing in our old forum dug after he got sent off in the Europa league game,  i said he compromised the team and you defended him at that time.

That's some turnaround from someone like you:in-disbelief-smiley-emoticon:

15 minutes ago, sployal said:

I said the same thing in our old forum dug after he got sent off in the Europa league game,  i said he compromised the team and you defended him at that time.

That's some turnaround from someone like you:in-disbelief-smiley-emoticon:

Fair doos mate.....as the season continues, opinions change mate. What You, me, any other poster thinks is always up for comment. I actually don't recall saying that but I wouldn't argue the point mate.

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

Fair doos mate.....as the season continues, opinions change mate. What You, me, any other poster thinks is always up for comment. I actually don't recall saying that but I wouldn't argue the point mate.

He has just signed a contract extension until 2022, Gerrard counts on him seemingly, unless it's all hype to bump up a transfer fee??

34 minutes ago, sployal said:

He has just signed a contract extension until 2022

2023 mate. Signed one until 2022 last September.

34 minutes ago, sployal said:

unless it's all hype to bump up a transfer fee??

that's my thinking.

17 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Feckin soaked to the skin getting to Ibrox so in the Wee Rangers club for a few 🥃🥃

Nice one Mak....Enjoy the game mate & here's hoping we play the way we can & shove it right up sheeps wooly rectums. Think it will be stroll or really tight....no middle ground.

Team

RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Worrall, Barisic; Jack, Kamara, Arfield; Candeias, Morelos, Kent.

SUBS: Firth, Katic, Halliday, Coulibaly, Davis, Defoe, Lafferty.

On 09/03/2019 at 17:26, sployal said:

Get the strongest team out for every game.

This- all day long.

The Scottish cup has an extra importance this year, as it's been far too long,since any silverware ended up in the Ibrox trophy room, and the league title looks to have slipped away. Strongest team, beat the sheep. Mon the Gers- WATP.

34 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Team

RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Worrall, Barisic; Jack, Kamara, Arfield; Candeias, Morelos, Kent.

SUBS: Firth, Katic, Halliday, Coulibaly, Davis, Defoe, Lafferty.

Can't see us losing with this team, mon the Gers WATP

8 minutes ago, sployal said:

Major leagues (cough cough) are not allowed to televise games on champions league evenings (UEFA rules)

Forgot about that