Jump to content

Let myself go


Guest Red Devil

Recommended Posts

Guest Red Devil

The last twelve months since I got married has been a year of kidding myself. Tonight it's really hit home, whilst packing I thought I'd try my wedding suit pants on as I was aware I'd put on some timber. 

Shock of my life, couldn't fasten them and even with the clippy thing on I was bursting over the sides. 

I know my problem, it's not exercise, its terrible diet. Example, this weekend I went out for a meal on Thursday, had a design your own pizza from Asda on Friday with a Krispy kreme for afters. Then on Saturday it's a bacon butty and two chilli dogs and loaded fries for tea. Sunday was a homemade curry and lots of lager.

How do I break out of this bad eating? it's not only at home I'm eating huge sandwiches at work, I'm just always super hungry which is maybe because I've gotten so used to eating large amounts.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

The last twelve months since I got married has been a year of kidding myself. Tonight it's really hit home, whilst packing I thought I'd try my wedding suit pants on as I was aware I'd put on some timber. 

Shock of my life, couldn't fasten them and even with the clippy thing on I was bursting over the sides. 

I know my problem, it's not exercise, its terrible diet. Example, this weekend I went out for a meal on Thursday, had a design your own pizza from Asda on Friday with a Krispy kreme for afters. Then on Saturday it's a bacon butty and two chilli dogs and loaded fries for tea. Sunday was a homemade curry and lots of lager.

How do I break out of this bad eating? it's not only at home I'm eating huge sandwiches at work, I'm just always super hungry which is maybe because I've gotten so used to eating large amounts.

 

 

I take it you are a young man (married last year), you say your problem is not exercice but your diet.

Only you (and maybe your wife) can get your shit together mate before you become a fat obese Englishman with your gut hanging out over the underside of your football top.

Try starting with decent meals ie :

A light breakfast with the missus (with a disolved vitamin drink added in before leaving for work);

A light lunch with meat, veg or pasta, cheese and fruit but be reasonable;

Dinner at home most nights, again with the missus, soup is good for the evening meal with a slice or 2 of bread and again fruit.

Cut the eating out (restaurants and fast food outlets) as much as you can and especially all the junk you say you are eating on a regular basis.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Red Devil said:

I went out for a meal on Thursday, had a design your own pizza from Asda on Friday with a Krispy kreme for afters. Then on Saturday it's a bacon butty and two chilli dogs and loaded fries for tea. Sunday was a homemade curry and lots of lager.

Sounds good to me mate.

12 hours ago, Red Devil said:

How do I break out of this bad eating?

Personally I don't think it is bad eating. Lots of tasty, substantial grub in there RD.

Tbh, I do believe SP is taking the piss here....:flashing-lol: when he says...

11 hours ago, sployal said:

A light breakfast with the missus (with a disolved vitamin drink added in before leaving for work);

A light lunch with meat, veg or pasta, cheese and fruit but be reasonable;

Dinner at home most nights, again with the missus, soup is good for the evening meal with a slice or 2 of bread and again fruit.

Cut the eating out (restaurants and fast food outlets) as much as you can and especially all the junk you say you are eating on a regular basis.

But that's what happens when you live in frogland. 

And finally.....if you're looking for the healthy option...fish!

Related image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Red Devil said:

The last twelve months since I got married has been a year of kidding myself. Tonight it's really hit home, whilst packing I thought I'd try my wedding suit pants on as I was aware I'd put on some timber. 

Shock of my life, couldn't fasten them and even with the clippy thing on I was bursting over the sides. 

I know my problem, it's not exercise, its terrible diet. Example, this weekend I went out for a meal on Thursday, had a design your own pizza from Asda on Friday with a Krispy kreme for afters. Then on Saturday it's a bacon butty and two chilli dogs and loaded fries for tea. Sunday was a homemade curry and lots of lager.

How do I break out of this bad eating? it's not only at home I'm eating huge sandwiches at work, I'm just always super hungry which is maybe because I've gotten so used to eating large amounts.

 

 

Bedroom gymnastics will burn those calories

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Red Devil
8 hours ago, Normski said:

Bedroom gymnastics will burn those calories

To be fair that's never been an issue haha!!

I exercise at least four times a week in fairness but as they say, you can't outrun a bad diet. I've just been eating and drinking like a pig for months (ever since Christmas).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
16 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

To be fair that's never been an issue haha!!

I exercise at least four times a week in fairness but as they say, you can't outrun a bad diet. I've just been eating and drinking like a pig for months (ever since Christmas).

You don't lose weight going to the gym. You lose weight eating healthily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

You don't lose weight going to the gym. You lose weight eating healthily. 

Mrs Sa feeds me fairly healthily tbf, I think it's maybe the 7/8 pints a night, that doesn't help, also having primarily a desk job, tho i am a lot more mobile in my new job, and have lost a bit of weight. I know this due to the fact clothes i used to wear that were getting a bit tight, fit me ok nowadays. Never been on the scales in years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
11 hours ago, sployal said:

Good advice :yes:

I never though that haha, I thought if I'd go to the gym and burn the calories I'd be fine. But I'd then reward myself for doing the exercise with shitty food. The most weight I lost ever was 2 1/2 stone in slimming world 2 years ago. Think I'll be doing it again when I'm home each week. I was eating shit before hand with heart burn and just feeling shit. 

Within a month of slimming world I'd lost just under s stone, my heart burn had gone and I was feeling fucking great. I'm slowly losing weight now as shock horror I put it all back on. Think I'm 212 lbs now. Dunno what that is in kg or stone. But im still eating shit, not as much but I still eat it. 

I'm much better when I'm at home as the missus is dieting and I try to eat what she eats. She's also vegetarian so I eat a lot of Quorn stuff and this decent soy stuff called oumph.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

I'm just a sucker for savoury snacks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, boro_boy said:

You don't lose weight going to the gym. You lose weight eating healthily. 

Not totally factual, Excercise is a main contributor in losing weight. Over 20 years ago I was overweight when I started as a postie, a job I had for around a year and a half. Due to good paced walking six days a week the weight dropped off me at an astonishing rate to the extent that numerous people pointed out the amount of weight loss & I thought something was wrong with me so I went to the Doc thinking the worst. He reassured me that it was only down to the excercise. My diet never changed whatsoever during that time and I could eat what I wanted. I also had to buy new jeans, shirts, t-shirts.......sadly, these clothes have long been put to the side......:flashing-lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2019 at 07:35, boro_boy said:

I never though that haha, I thought if I'd go to the gym and burn the calories I'd be fine. But I'd then reward myself for doing the exercise with shitty food. The most weight I lost ever was 2 1/2 stone in slimming world 2 years ago. Think I'll be doing it again when I'm home each week. I was eating shit before hand with heart burn and just feeling shit. 

Within a month of slimming world I'd lost just under s stone, my heart burn had gone and I was feeling fucking great. I'm slowly losing weight now as shock horror I put it all back on. Think I'm 212 lbs now. Dunno what that is in kg or stone. But im still eating shit, not as much but I still eat it. 

I'm much better when I'm at home as the missus is dieting and I try to eat what she eats. She's also vegetarian so I eat a lot of Quorn stuff and this decent soy stuff called oumph.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

I'm just a sucker for savoury snacks. 

 

bbphotoshop.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    7k
    Total Topics
    176.3k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    821
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    PowerPunisher
    Newest Member
    PowerPunisher
    Joined
  • New users  1 New user online in the last 24 hours

×
×
  • Create New...