boro_boy

What Unbranded Food Do You Buy...

Which is just as good, even better than the likes of Nestle, Heinz etc. 

• I used to live on Heinz Tomato soup, I now buy Tesco Cream of Tomato Soup which is basically the same!
  • Used to always buy lurpak, but not I use Tesco Butterpak, but aldis and lidl's are the same.
  • Nestle Shreddies, now buy Tesco Malt Wheats, they are the same!!!
  • Used to buy John West / Princess Tuna, but now I buy Tescos tins of Tuna

Just little changes can make big difference in your pocket and the ones I listed above in my opinion are just the same as the branded!!!

Obviously there are some shit cheaper types of food which have failed such as any brand of corn flakes that isn't kellogs is a no no!!

The cheapest Chinese noodles (don't even know where they come from) are the best, crack an egg in and whoops your on crackeraja

3 minutes ago, sployal said:

The cheapest Chinese noodles (don't even know where they come from) are the best, crack an egg in and whoops your on crackeraja

never thought about doing that like!!!

45 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Tesco Salt n Vinegar Nuts......

Far cheaper than KP

Love them mate....just opened a pack this afternoon & have another 3 packs in the cupboard. Always wait till they're reduced from £2.30 to £1.75

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

Love them mate....just opened a pack this afternoon & have another 3 packs in the cupboard. Always wait till they're reduced from £2.30 to £1.75

I actually wriggle my toes when eating them......

Pure contentment with the world!

13 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Which is just as good, even better than the likes of Nestle, Heinz etc. 

• I used to live on Heinz Tomato soup, I now buy Tesco Cream of Tomato Soup which is basically the same!
  • Used to always buy lurpak, but not I use Tesco Butterpak, but aldis and lidl's are the same.
  • Nestle Shreddies, now buy Tesco Malt Wheats, they are the same!!!
  • Used to buy John West / Princess Tuna, but now I buy Tescos tins of Tuna

Just little changes can make big difference in your pocket and the ones I listed above in my opinion are just the same as the branded!!!

Obviously there are some shit cheaper types of food which have failed such as any brand of corn flakes that isn't kellogs is a no no!!

Got to be Heinz tomato soup for me having said that though....for years we always bought Heinz baked beans then a few years ago when I noticed the difference in price I tried Tescos version.....just as good. The wife won't use anything else but Lurpack & wouldn't change. As for salmon.....whatever is skinless & boneless. Not sure what brand of tuna she buys but I very rarely eat that.

AS you know I drink Capn Morgans spiced rum.....a while back I bought a bottle of Oakheart spiced rum as it was 2 or 3 quid cheaper for a litre. You can certainly taste the difference....a bit rougher. I've put it to the back of the queue in case I run out. 

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

IDShot_540x540 (1).jpgTry just one tin of this, hi early it good.

Think I've a tin or two of Heinz left but after that I probably will try one.