My Football Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
sployal

The Masters

Was going to back Molinari and Thomas pre tournament but bet365 account was empty 

Youve got to back Europe in golf. 

It’s been an excellent tournament so far

My complaint about The Masters is it is invitation only. Look how many Open winners have been rank outsiders. Should not be a major IMO

The course can be a lottery with huge undulating greens that can make a mockery of well hit shots. I’m a golfing traditionalist and prefer links to parkland courses

My golf has improved since I was a singleton. Shot a 79 and a 78 last week. Not bad for a very much part time player

38 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Was going to back Molinari and Thomas pre tournament but bet365 account was empty 

My complaint about The Masters is it is invitation only. Look how many Open winners have been rank outsiders. Should not be a major IMO

The course can be a lottery with huge undulating greens that can make a mockery of well hit shots. I’m a golfing traditionalist and prefer links to parkland courses

My golf has improved since I was a singleton. Shot a 79 and a 78 last week. Not bad for a very much part time player

I agree mate. The Masters is invite only and manicured as a course.

Rain, wind and facing angry elements is a true test.

C'mon the Tiger though.

15 hours ago, No.8 said:

Aye, and it's no just the putting green holes you've been sinking eh ?......:flashing-lol:

16 hours ago, No.8 said:

What will happen when we are no longer part of Europe? The Ryder Cup incorporated Europe into the format to make it a level playing field as the might of the USA Vs GB & Ireland wasn't a fair fight and quite frankly boring to watch.

Maybe organisers will have it as Great Britain & Europe Vs USA? I doubt Europe could win without British golfers and vice versa. 

Anyhow, back to the Masters. Anyone who writes Molinari off as a rabbit in the headlights is a fool. Sure he is up there to be shot at but I think he will be a very tough nut to crack. 

9 minutes ago, Roger said:

What will happen when we are no longer part of Europe? The Ryder Cup incorporated Europe into the format to make it a level playing field as the might of the USA Vs GB & Ireland wasn't a fair fight and quite frankly boring to watch.

Maybe organisers will have it as Great Britain & Europe Vs USA? I doubt Europe could win without British golfers and vice versa. 

Anyhow, back to the Masters. Anyone who writes Molinari off as a rabbit in the headlights is a fool. Sure he is up there to be shot at but I think he will be a very tough nut to crack. 

The UK will still be part of Europe like Norway's Viktor Hovland etc

1 hour ago, Roger said:

What will happen when we are no longer part of Europe?

You mean the European union. The UK will still be part of the continent of Europe. As much as the EU believes itself to be the ultimate scenario, it has fuck all to do with the Ryder Cup in selection and playing formats.

1 hour ago, Roger said:

The Ryder Cup incorporated Europe into the format to make it a level playing field as the might of the USA Vs GB & Ireland wasn't a fair fight

repeated American dominance eventually led to a decision to extend the representation of "Great Britain and Ireland" to include continental Europe from 1979. 

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

You mean the European union. The UK will still be part of the continent of Europe. As much as the EU believes itself to be the ultimate scenario, it has fuck all to do with the Ryder Cup in selection and playing formats.

repeated American dominance eventually led to a decision to extend the representation of "Great Britain and Ireland" to include continental Europe from 1979. 

The competition would have died otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Roger said:

The competition would have died otherwise. 

It may have, it may not have....I dunno. However the point I'm making is.....it is the continent of Europe that makes up the Ryder Cup team and not the European Union.

To all intents and purposes the competition was dead as a spectacle until the format was changed.

I see what you are saying Harold.

I was just curious that organisers might try to make it a three way format of USA, Europe and a GB team. Could the GB have 12 players to contend? Doubt it will happen though.

6 minutes ago, Roger said:

To all intents and purposes the competition was dead as a spectacle until the format was changed.

I see what you are saying Harold.

I was just curious that organisers might try to make it a three way format of USA, Europe and a GB team. Could the GB have 12 players to contend? Doubt it will happen though.

Would be UK and Europe

2 minutes ago, Roger said:

I was just curious that organisers might try to make it a three way format of USA, Europe and a GB team.

Ha Ha, that's a stupid thing to say Roger.

3 minutes ago, sployal said:

Ha Ha, that's a stupid thing to say Roger.

No offence meant by it mate. It used to be Great Britain & Ireland. I dropped the Ireland bit but overlooked NI, so yes it that context it would have to be the UK and not GB.

38 minutes ago, Roger said:

No offence meant by it mate. It used to be Great Britain & Ireland. I dropped the Ireland bit but overlooked NI, so yes it that context it would have to be the UK and not GB.

To be honest, Europe would cover it,

Though, the Fleg may need looked at.......

11 minutes ago, Bastion said:

To be honest, Europe would cover it,

Correct....that's how the team is known as currently.....because all countries are in 'Europe'.

12 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Though, the Fleg may need looked at.......

Burn the fucker! Tbh though I'm sure I read somewhere that the Golf authorities have endorsed it as the official flag, no doubt with a bit of pressure fro the despots!

16 minutes ago, Harold said:

Correct....that's how the team is known as currently.....because all countries are in 'Europe'.

Burn the fucker! Tbh though I'm sure I read somewhere that the Golf authorities have endorsed it as the official flag, no doubt with a bit of pressure fro the despots!

They should have a part of the Union flag on the European emblem.

It seems the powers that be decided against it though.

I like the Ryder cup less and less.

22 minutes ago, Roger said:

the European emblem.

However the European emblem (I take it you mean the EU flag) is in fact the EU flag & the team has nothing to do with the EU....hence why I'd get rid of it.

9 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Fair play Tiger, take a bow......

Did I ever mention,  back in the Day, when I played Golf, they used to call me Tiger?...

I was never out of the woods......

I know the feeling mate!