Plastic in our Oceans

Normski

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I sympathise with how such unnecessary debris affects ocean life and its inhabitants when I see videos/pictures such as this I must admit I'm very sceptical about the scenes and think they may have been set up to get a point across. How does such an amount arrive at the one point. Irrespective of whether the scene has been set up or not, how does plastics end up in the oceans. When I've watched reports of this I don't recall anyone giving a suggestion for how it came to be, just the fact that we must stop using plastic. Such amounts cannot surely be due to individuals discarding bottles or whatever in the oceans or have they been discarded in bulk by some unscrupulous businesses. Has a %age been dumped at sea from boats, liners etc. I have never heard of any investigation as how the plastics came to be in the ocean & that's something I would like to hear of. It is not plastics that are the problem....it's the irresponsible idiots who dispose of them wrongly.

Was walking along the West Coast the other week. Stunning area but like Normski says the amount of plastic you see is sickening. 

Harold... I thought much of it was discarded from shipping. 

• 1 month later...