My Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
boro_boy

Steve Gibson wants investigation into financial conduct of Derby, Aston Villa & Sheffield Wednesday

I like him, he's got a cool head and knows what he's doing. It's hard to balance the books at any club. We haven't spent much this season as we don't get the parachute payment anymore so we had to sell players. 

We not have a very weak team and not enough money to buy new players. Obviously the thick fans want him to spend billions on players lol. I don't go to the games anymore as football is a little shut at the moment with diving and cheating. 

But Gibson is a good chairman, I think he's highly rated in the football community. If clubs are being unfair by spending too much then you can't just sit around and let them get on with it, you have to say something to the authorities. 

I must admit that I find the concept of and the given logic behind FFP in football somewhat puzzling.

What is its purpose?

What other business areas have this type of control?

Why should someone running a business be constrained from running that business in the manner that he sees fit?

If a businessman wishes to run a business at a loss, is that not his prerogative?

It sounds as though he is on to something here. Gibson is probably the most astute chairman in the Championship when it comes to the rules and finances.

Quite rightly he is pursuing what he feels is right as it directly affects his side.

As the EFL have a habit of turning a blind eye when it suits and dragging their feet how could they suitably punish Derby, AV or SW if they are found guilty but have been promoted? 

So, it looks like a team that infringed FFP will be promoted. 

Yet Bolton get a kick in the nuts while they are struggling. 

The EFL tried it with Brum too but come unstuck.

The EFL really are big fat hairy cunts!