Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Makdee

Rangers v Celtic

Recommended Posts

Flanagan has a hearing in Thursday looks like a two match ban 

 

Statement from rangers

A Rangers Club spokesperson has said:

“Once again, there seems intent to change the decision of a Referee in a match involving Rangers. There seems to be a steady erosion of respect for Scotland’s Referees and the authority they are meant to enjoy under Rule 5 of the Laws of the Game.

“The decisions of Referees regarding facts connected with play are meant to be final but Referees are now routinely invited to change their decisions after a game has finished.

“It is particularly shocking that another Rangers player has been singled out for retrospective action and issued with a notice of complaint while Jozo Simunovic, the Celtic player who used an elbow to fell Jermain Defoe, has escaped any kind of censure.

“Why did one incident escape punishment while the other is now deemed worthy of a red card? We cannot understand how these two incidents could be studied yet only one be considered worthy of punishment.

“It seems as if Rangers’ players are being held to a different code of conduct from players at other clubs. We shall vigorously defend Mr Flanagan and have also asked for full transparency on what matters are brought forward for retrospective action. Are those decisions being made even-handedly?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flanagan was probably a Red. Then again the Killie Keepers earlier in the season was a far worse offence and was rescinded.

Simonuvic one was clear a Red as you will see and referee missed it. I simply cannot see how the Compliant Officer can cite Flanagan , after the Ref has dealt with it , and not cite the Celtic player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Flanagan was probably a Red. Then again the Killie Keepers earlier in the season was a far worse offence and was rescinded.

Simonuvic one was clear a Red as you will see and referee missed it. I simply cannot see how the Compliant Officer can cite Flanagan , after the Ref has dealt with it , and not cite the Celtic player. 

Agreed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, No.8 said:

I simply cannot see how the Compliant Officer can cite Flanagan , after the Ref has dealt with it , and not cite the Celtic player. 

Oh I think you can Trav, I know you can....whose pocket is she in ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

Oh I think you can Trav, I know you can....whose pocket is she in ?

The boot is definitely on the left foot.     :panicking-smiley-emoticon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rangers won 2-0 comfortably there should be no other issues to answer , the ref dealt with the incident how he saw it at the time end of argument  , move on it has gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29th of December Rangers win 1-0 and Celtic do not have a single shot on target. They were shocking. Pundits have their say and Celtic are being slated for their display. Morelos is not brought up for a full 24 hours and from that moment onwards ALL the media talk about is Morelos should have been off. 

The above is fair enough except he never committed a Red card offence. McGregor stopped a goal bound Candieas effort with his hand / arm. Red card and Penalty. Scott Brown should have walked for an over the ball lunge on Candieas (i think). Scott Brown elbowed yet another Rangers player off the ball..NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT THESE OFFENCES AND THE COMPLIANT OFFICER DOES FUCK ALL!

Now we have Celtic yet again played off the park by a far superior , on the day, Rangers yet all the talk is about a Flanagan and Brown clash. Personally i think ....No i know Brown has made a meal of it but Flanagan could easily have walked for that but referee chose to book him. We simply cannot or we should not accept a Celtic supporter re refereeing games the way she wants them refereed! 

I know Defoe made a meal of a challenge in the box but the celtic defender steps across him and sticks a leg out. For me its a penalty and the fact Defoe makes the most of it is neither here nor there. Nothing given.

Defoe taken out of the game by a crude, cynical elbow had to be a Red card. No foul, No Red card , No booking ... nothing!!

Referee for this game. Kevin Clancy. He has cheated us from the first game of the season when he admitted he sent off a Rangers player for an imaginary offence NONE of his officials saw properly. Seriously just think about that statement and how that other mob would react if officials admitted that.

Celtic only won the first Old Firm game 1-0 with a goal where there was a clear foul on a Rangers player in the build up to the goal.

Rangers should have given a guard of honour to those who won the league this season. They should have clapped on the match officials. CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No.8 said:

I know Defoe made a meal of a challenge in the box but the celtic defender steps across him and sticks a leg out. For me its a penalty and the fact Defoe makes the most of it is neither here nor there. Nothing given.

I agree with your post Trav apart from the above. Clear dive & I said at the time. Not needed and not wanted. I would have been embarrassed if we had got a penalty from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Harold said:

I agree with your post Trav apart from the above. Clear dive & I said at the time. Not needed and not wanted. I would have been embarrassed if we had got a penalty from that.

At the game thought it was a stonewaller but i sit in the Copland so couldn't have been further from it. I ve only seen it once since and i know he makes a meal of it but i still think the defender blocks him and puts his leg out.

You know i hate diving / simulation BUT i would never be embarrassed getting a dodgy decision against that mob. TBH i probably prefer to win that way as it increases their pain :mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll have to disagree about Defoe and re 

15 minutes ago, No.8 said:

You know i hate diving / simulation BUT i would never be embarrassed getting a dodgy decision against that mob. TBH i probably prefer to win that way as it increases their pain :mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon:

Come on Trav, you know you want it to be done in an honourable way and nowt dodgy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fatpipe said:

rangers won 2-0 comfortably there should be no other issues to answer , the ref dealt with the incident how he saw it at the time end of argument  , move on it has gone

But it’s not he has been cited. They changed the rules at the start of the season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

We'll have to disagree about Defoe and re 

Come on Trav, you know you want it to be done in an honourable way and nowt dodgy. 

Fuck Honourable mate. Beat them and inflict as much pain as we possibly can on them :brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Makdee said:

They changed the rules at the start of the season 

Oh, I thought they changed them as the went along & when it suited......:flashing-lol:...............especially when Simunovic gets a free ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harold said:

Oh, I thought they changed them as the went along & when it suited......:flashing-lol:...............especially when Simunovic gets a free ride.

Oh I get you feckin joke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2019 at 19:54, Makdee said:

Flanagan has a hearing in Thursday looks like a two match ban 

 

Statement from rangers

A Rangers Club spokesperson has said:

“Once again, there seems intent to change the decision of a Referee in a match involving Rangers. There seems to be a steady erosion of respect for Scotland’s Referees and the authority they are meant to enjoy under Rule 5 of the Laws of the Game.

“The decisions of Referees regarding facts connected with play are meant to be final but Referees are now routinely invited to change their decisions after a game has finished.

“It is particularly shocking that another Rangers player has been singled out for retrospective action and issued with a notice of complaint while Jozo Simunovic, the Celtic player who used an elbow to fell Jermain Defoe, has escaped any kind of censure.

“Why did one incident escape punishment while the other is now deemed worthy of a red card? We cannot understand how these two incidents could be studied yet only one be considered worthy of punishment.

“It seems as if Rangers’ players are being held to a different code of conduct from players at other clubs. We shall vigorously defend Mr Flanagan and have also asked for full transparency on what matters are brought forward for retrospective action. Are those decisions being made even-handedly?”

 

On 14/05/2019 at 20:13, No.8 said:

Flanagan was probably a Red. Then again the Killie Keepers earlier in the season was a far worse offence and was rescinded.

Simonuvic one was clear a Red as you will see and referee missed it. I simply cannot see how the Compliant Officer can cite Flanagan , after the Ref has dealt with it , and not cite the Celtic player. 

Rangers defender Jon Flanagan has won his appeal against his two-match ban.

Flanagan was restrospectively punished by the SFA after elbowing Celtic captain Scott Brown in last weekend's Old Firm Derby.

Referee Kevin Clancy booked the Gers full-back for the incident at the tiime, before compliance officer Clare Whyte reviewed the footage and handed Flanagan a two-game suspension.

But the Ibrox club appealed the decision and the governing body has now overturned their initial call.

Assistant manager Gary McAllister said earlier today that he felt Clancy's decision on the pitch was correct.

He said: "I agreed it was a yellow card. What the referee saw and gave, we were in support of that. That's how I saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Harold said:

 

Rangers defender Jon Flanagan has won his appeal against his two-match ban.

Flanagan was restrospectively punished by the SFA after elbowing Celtic captain Scott Brown in last weekend's Old Firm Derby.

Referee Kevin Clancy booked the Gers full-back for the incident at the tiime, before compliance officer Clare Whyte reviewed the footage and handed Flanagan a two-game suspension.

But the Ibrox club appealed the decision and the governing body has now overturned their initial call.

Assistant manager Gary McAllister said earlier today that he felt Clancy's decision on the pitch was correct.

He said: "I agreed it was a yellow card. What the referee saw and gave, we were in support of that. That's how I saw it.

Who is Clare White?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Who is Clare White?

The footballing compliance officer up here. She decides ultimately what players should be cited for incidents during matches if they weren't dealt with by the ref to her satisfaction, well that's how it seems. (or whatever Sportscene highlights on Sunday evenings. It is called Trial by Sportscene.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harold said:

The footballing compliance officer up here. She decides ultimately what players should be cited for incidents during matches if they weren't dealt with by the ref to her satisfaction, well that's how it seems. (or whatever Sportscene highlights on Sunday evenings. It is called Trial by Sportscene.)

Aye, ok, but why 1 person,  what qualifies her to judge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Aye, ok, but why 1 person,  what qualifies her to judge?

I don't know what qualifies her mate apart from the fact that she either works or worked with lawyers connected to Celtic (said sarcastically but because of what is going on up up re Rangers it could be considered to be true & not ignored). She is also assisted to a degree...

When the match officials confirm an on field incident is unseen, the Compliance Officer seeks opinions from three independent experts. Those experts are drawn from a pool of former Category 1 referees, who are up to date with current refereeing guidelines. A Fast Track Notice of Complaint can only competently be raised when all three experts provide written evidence that the incident constituted a sending off offence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    3,939
    Total Topics
    40,012
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    436
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    royalkasino
    Newest Member
    royalkasino
    Joined


My Football Forum

Nearing 20 years old, My Football Forum was Established in March 2002 making us one of the original football forums. For years fans have been discussing the great game we love!

Your Links Here

This is an example of a list.

Your Link and Description Here

Email My Football Forum if your interested in having your website promoted here

Your Link and Description Here

Email My Football Forum if your interested in having your website promoted here

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.