Sign in to follow this  
Harold

Separate Entity FC...Celtic Boys Club Scandal

12 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

When will charges be bought against this mucky mob?

There will be no 'criminal' charges brought against the club mate....just waiting on civil cases being initiated....may take time but it will happen unless there is a complete turn around and out of court settlements are offered, but that would be admitting responsibility.

6 hours ago, Harold said:

There will be no 'criminal' charges brought against the club mate....just waiting on civil cases being initiated....may take time but it will happen unless there is a complete turn around and out of court settlements are offered, but that would be admitting responsibility.

Given the puritan attitude shown in the past toward players and managers by the SFA and the SPFL you have to question why neither body has taken action on this matter.

8 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Given the puritan attitude shown in the past toward players and managers by the SFA and the SPFL you have to question why neither body has taken action on this matter.

Exactly. It is rather strange that absolutely no comment has been made despite ALL the recent publicity. But this just isn't a footballing matter Hairy and the same accusation of silence can be held against our Establishment albeit two MSPs have been trying to get answers from Lawwell.....Adam Tomkins & James Dornan although Dornan knew about goings on years ago when his son played with Celtic Boys Club but said nothing as he was of the opinion it wasn't to the extent that has now been shown (this was in tweets he made not so long ago).

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Exactly. It is rather strange that absolutely no comment has been made despite ALL the recent publicity. But this just isn't a footballing matter Hairy and the same accusation of silence can be held against our Establishment albeit two MSPs have been trying to get answers from Lawwell.....Adam Tomkins & James Dornan although Dornan knew about goings on years ago when his son played with Celtic Boys Club but said nothing as he was of the opinion it wasn't to the extent that has now been shown (this was in tweets he made not so long ago).

You may remember that on SFF any mention of the paedophilia was taken badly by the likes of Hoopz, GoM, Johnarob, etc etc.
As were my various posts about the Celtic's Republican connection.
From 1890 and for decades thereafter, despite there being evidence of funds being channelled from Celtic FC and other organisations to the Irish Republican cause via Catholic clergy (mainly on the Stranraer to Larne ferry), no action was taken by The City of Glasgow Police, Special Branch, or any establishment body.
The reasons for this are unclear and, given the supposed "masonic bias" of the establishment. somewhat surprising.
It would seem that despite only forming 15% of the population there was sufficient catholic influence in the Scottish establishment to enable this evidence to be ignored.
Either that or there was some other agenda which was allowed to take precedence over the rule of law.
Apparently there are (or were) documents in which Special Branch advocated the closure of Celtic FC but no such action was ever attempted, just as calls for the banning of the republican flag flown at Parkhead were apparently ignored by Glasgow City Council and the UK government.

I do not expect much to change. Although one could hope that there would be sufficient civil suits to excise the cancer of Celtic FC from Scottish football.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

You may remember that on SFF any mention of the paedophilia was taken badly by the likes of Hoopz, GoM, Johnarob, etc etc.

I believe the reason for that was that it was seen as point scoring back then as there was nothing like the evidence that has come to the fore and public knowledge more recently which, imo, gives discussion more pertinence  and is worthy of debate. I for one have certainly learned more this year than I knew in the past.

47 minutes ago, Harold said:

I believe the reason for that was that it was seen as point scoring back then as there was nothing like the evidence that has come to the fore and public knowledge more recently which, imo, gives discussion more pertinence  and is worthy of debate. I for one have certainly learned more this year than I knew in the past.

Many tic fans still regard it as point scoring you should see the abuse The mother of Andrew Gray who was abused by Torbett 

Scottish Conservatives, backed by Scottish Labour and Lib Dems, now calling for an independent enquiry into this monstrosity.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4498942/celtic-boys-club-abuse-ruth-davidson-public-inquiry/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1563445568

What's that I hear from The Scottish Nationalist Party and the Green Party ?.......Image result for silence gifs

17 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Many tic fans still regard it as point scoring you should see the abuse The mother of Andrew Gray who was abused by Torbett 

Aye, I've seen a small bit of that.

Of course they will say it's point scoring because they are in denial outwardly but deep within it is fucking eating at them like a cancer and they cannot face that...they cannot face the truth.

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Scottish Conservatives, backed by Scottish Labour and Lib Dems, now calling for an independent enquiry into this monstrosity.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4498942/celtic-boys-club-abuse-ruth-davidson-public-inquiry/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1563445568

What's that I hear from The Scottish Nationalist Party and the Green Party ?.......Image result for silence gifs

Aye, I've seen a small bit of that.

Of course they will say it's point scoring because they are in denial outwardly but deep within it is fucking eating at them like a cancer and they cannot face that...they cannot face the truth.

They never have been able to face it. The argument comes out but you had them to and my normal reply is allegedly no one has been convicted and the Watson seems not to be the same guy they think. Also it’s more than likely most clubs did years ago difference they covered it up and continue to do so. That and six convictions  and more to come is frightening 

19 hours ago, Makdee said:

Unfortunately I can't read the majority of that Mak as you have to subscribe to view. I posted something about America a wee while back but I'm not sure if it mentioned anything about McGinn knowing....I presume that's what your article is leading with. However, still no desire from our Scottish Executive to hold a public enquiry...like Celtic they'd rather ignore and hope it all blows over.....

Image result for sweep sweep gifs

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Unfortunately I can't read the majority of that Mak as you have to subscribe to view. I posted something about America a wee while back but I'm not sure if it mentioned anything about McGinn knowing....I presume that's what your article is leading with. However, still no desire from our Scottish Executive to hold a public enquiry...like Celtic they'd rather ignore and hope it all blows over.....

Image result for sweep sweep gifs

I was able to read it.

Clearly there has to be a criminal investigation into goings on at Ceptic boys club.

All they want to do is suppress it. Of course they do! 

Get the chequebook out Peter. 

I haven’t read full article as I’ve just seen it but I’m sure it says Celtic accept liability..

ELTIC have paid ‘significant’ compensation to a former player who suffered sexual abuse by a coach at the club.
The current Scottish Premiership champions admitted liability for the historic abuse carried out by paedophile Jim McCafferty.
McCafferty, who worked for Celtic, Hibernian and Falkirk, was jailed for six years and nine months in May after admitting a series of historic crimes against teenage boys when he appeared at the High Court in edinburgh.
The 73-year-old had admitted ten charges of indecent assault and one charge of lewd and libidinous behaviour against boys aged between 13 and 19 – with some crimes dating back to 1972.
Police Scotland called the scale
of the abuse ‘unprecedented’. The former professional youth player raised a claim through the Personal Injury Court in Edinburgh, after his mental health was affected by abuse suffered during the 1990s.
The Scottish Daily Mail knows the identity of the player, who is now in his 30s, but he cannot be named for legal reasons.
While the exact sum to be paid has not been revealed, legal sources said based on previous payouts south of the Border it could be upwards of £100,000. Last night, the victim’s solicitor, Kim Leslie, confirmed Celtic had admitted liability for the abuse – all of which took place when McCafferty and the former player were full-time employees of the club. She said: ‘For decades, my client suffered as a result of McCafferty’s abuse, so above all else I’d like to pay tribute to him for the courage he has shown in stepping forwards.
‘Ever since McCafferty’s abuse was exposed, Celtic FC remained firm in its defence and denial of responsibility. However, after thorough investigations, I was able to present a robust case, which resulted in the club admitting liability. I hope the successful end to this legal action brings closure to my client and also brings hope to those who are considering a civil action of their own.’
Celtic bosses have expressed ‘regret and sorrow’ for other abuse claimants who played for Celtic Boys Club in the 1960s and 1970s, but have repeatedly distanced themselves from potential litigation by claiming their former feeder operation was an ‘entirely separate organisation’.
Boys Club founder Jim Torbett, coach Frank Cairney and former Boys Club chairman Gerald King have also been convicted for sex crimes against former players.
During the 1990s, however, McCafferty was a full-time employee of Celtic, working alongside first team and youth players when he abused his position of trust.
But as pressure grows on the club to accept legal liability for abuse that
‘The club admitted liability’
took place within the Boys Club, legal experts warn that ultimately the club could face multi-million pound compensation payouts.
Earlier this year, lawyer Patrick McGuire, who represented some victims, said: ‘We have intimated a large number of claims on behalf of survivors of all the four named paedophiles that operated under the guise of the wider Celtic umbrella.
‘We absolutely will be going to court, unless Celtic’s tack changes.’
The Parkhead club recently announced that its insurers had appointed a ‘wholly independent and experienced lawyer’ to investigate the sexual assault scandal.
Celtic declined to comment. In a recent statement, chief executive Peter Lawwell said: ‘We respect any claimants’ rights and our advisers will communicate with them and their representatives directly in the proper manner.’
Legal experts have predicted the final cost of compensation for abuse victims across British football could reach more than £100million. Chelsea Football Club faces paying millions of pounds for years of sexual abuse endured by youth players. Dozens of boys – some as young as ten – were groped, assaulted or raped in the 1970s by chief scout Eddie Heath, according to one of two damning reports commissioned by the club.
A second report states black players were blasted with ‘daily tirades’ of racism in the 1980s and 1990s. The club has apologised and offered compensation to the sex abuse victims.
One report found chances to stop Heath were missed because Dario Gradi – then an assistant coach at the club – failed to raise the alarm.
Gradi, 78, left Chelsea in the mid1970s. He denied trying to ‘smooth over’ the allegations, saying he raised them with senior staff.
He has also denied knowing about the activities of paedophile coach Barry Bennell, an ex-Chelsea youth player who also worked at Manchester City and Crewe.
Bennell has been jailed for 31 years for abusing young players. Manchester City is also set to offer millions of pounds in compensation to victims of historic child sexual abuse.
A senior judge this week set a date for Cairney, 84, to appeal against his conviction for sexual abuse. He was jailed for four years after being convicted of sexually abusing young footballers during the 1980s.

10 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Get the chequebook out Peter. 

I haven’t read full article as I’ve just seen it but I’m sure it says Celtic accept liability..

ELTIC have paid ‘significant’ compensation to a former player who suffered sexual abuse by a coach at the club.
The current Scottish Premiership champions admitted liability for the historic abuse carried out by paedophile Jim McCafferty.
McCafferty, who worked for Celtic, Hibernian and Falkirk, was jailed for six years and nine months in May after admitting a series of historic crimes against teenage boys when he appeared at the High Court in edinburgh.
The 73-year-old had admitted ten charges of indecent assault and one charge of lewd and libidinous behaviour against boys aged between 13 and 19 – with some crimes dating back to 1972.
Police Scotland called the scale
of the abuse ‘unprecedented’. The former professional youth player raised a claim through the Personal Injury Court in Edinburgh, after his mental health was affected by abuse suffered during the 1990s.
The Scottish Daily Mail knows the identity of the player, who is now in his 30s, but he cannot be named for legal reasons.
While the exact sum to be paid has not been revealed, legal sources said based on previous payouts south of the Border it could be upwards of £100,000. Last night, the victim’s solicitor, Kim Leslie, confirmed Celtic had admitted liability for the abuse – all of which took place when McCafferty and the former player were full-time employees of the club. She said: ‘For decades, my client suffered as a result of McCafferty’s abuse, so above all else I’d like to pay tribute to him for the courage he has shown in stepping forwards.
‘Ever since McCafferty’s abuse was exposed, Celtic FC remained firm in its defence and denial of responsibility. However, after thorough investigations, I was able to present a robust case, which resulted in the club admitting liability. I hope the successful end to this legal action brings closure to my client and also brings hope to those who are considering a civil action of their own.’
Celtic bosses have expressed ‘regret and sorrow’ for other abuse claimants who played for Celtic Boys Club in the 1960s and 1970s, but have repeatedly distanced themselves from potential litigation by claiming their former feeder operation was an ‘entirely separate organisation’.
Boys Club founder Jim Torbett, coach Frank Cairney and former Boys Club chairman Gerald King have also been convicted for sex crimes against former players.
During the 1990s, however, McCafferty was a full-time employee of Celtic, working alongside first team and youth players when he abused his position of trust.
But as pressure grows on the club to accept legal liability for abuse that
‘The club admitted liability’
took place within the Boys Club, legal experts warn that ultimately the club could face multi-million pound compensation payouts.
Earlier this year, lawyer Patrick McGuire, who represented some victims, said: ‘We have intimated a large number of claims on behalf of survivors of all the four named paedophiles that operated under the guise of the wider Celtic umbrella.
‘We absolutely will be going to court, unless Celtic’s tack changes.’
The Parkhead club recently announced that its insurers had appointed a ‘wholly independent and experienced lawyer’ to investigate the sexual assault scandal.
Celtic declined to comment. In a recent statement, chief executive Peter Lawwell said: ‘We respect any claimants’ rights and our advisers will communicate with them and their representatives directly in the proper manner.’
Legal experts have predicted the final cost of compensation for abuse victims across British football could reach more than £100million. Chelsea Football Club faces paying millions of pounds for years of sexual abuse endured by youth players. Dozens of boys – some as young as ten – were groped, assaulted or raped in the 1970s by chief scout Eddie Heath, according to one of two damning reports commissioned by the club.
A second report states black players were blasted with ‘daily tirades’ of racism in the 1980s and 1990s. The club has apologised and offered compensation to the sex abuse victims.
One report found chances to stop Heath were missed because Dario Gradi – then an assistant coach at the club – failed to raise the alarm.
Gradi, 78, left Chelsea in the mid1970s. He denied trying to ‘smooth over’ the allegations, saying he raised them with senior staff.
He has also denied knowing about the activities of paedophile coach Barry Bennell, an ex-Chelsea youth player who also worked at Manchester City and Crewe.
Bennell has been jailed for 31 years for abusing young players. Manchester City is also set to offer millions of pounds in compensation to victims of historic child sexual abuse.
A senior judge this week set a date for Cairney, 84, to appeal against his conviction for sexual abuse. He was jailed for four years after being convicted of sexually abusing young footballers during the 1980s.

there's a front page article in the Daily Mail today mate (may what you've posted)....still to read it.

That’s it mate. I don’t buy newspapers and haven’t for years but this is C&P from Follow Follow.

They have admitted liability in this case and should open the door for others abused by that beast bastard!!

Now maybe the victims will get their long overdue apology from that club

12 minutes ago, No.8 said:

That’s it mate. I don’t buy newspapers and haven’t for years but this is C&P from Follow Follow

It is from the Daily Mail Trav.

12 minutes ago, No.8 said:

They have admitted liability in this case and should open the door for others abused by that beast bastard!!

Admitted in this case ONLY because at that particular time McCafferty & the player were both employees of Celtic FC but they are still denying ANY connection with the boys club DESPITE the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The victims day will come mate....Separate Entity FC are squirming!

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

If they as a club are paying people off then why isn't there a public enquiry?

It seems people in high places might not want one? 

Ruth Davidson stated in the Scottish Parliament that there should be one but the Separatists don't want to know....I wonder why ?

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It seems people in high places might not want one? 

That is being suggested more and more mate. Perhaps not for actual sexual involvement (I don't know) but for covering this up.