Harold

Next Conservative Party Leader

Touchy subject considering what has gone on but who is your preference to take over from Mother Theresa ? Personally I would like to see Boris Johnson at the helm....a stout Brexiteer who would take no nonsense from Corbyn, Cable, nor that wee cunt Blackford. He isn't universally liked and apparently 'top Tories' will try and strangle his bid to even get on to the voting table but he is the grass roots members first choice. Wouldn't it be dandy if Boris and Nigel could get together in some form to push our exit forward.

NO TO A 2ND REFERENDUM!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

Touchy subject considering what has gone on but who is your preference to take over from Mother Theresa ? Personally I would like to see Boris Johnson at the helm....a stout Brexiteer who would take no nonsense from Corbyn, Cable, nor that wee cunt Blackford. He isn't universally liked and apparently 'top Tories' will try and strangle his bid to even get on to the voting table but he is the grass roots members first choice. Wouldn't it be dandy if Boris and Nigel could get together in some form to push our exit forward.

As long as it's a Brexiteer who will tell the EU it's my way or no deal,i can't believe the Tories allowed that witch to get this far

13 minutes ago, Roger said:

I would like Johnson to get in but think Javid will.

I think she will be gone before the end of the week.

Made a mention of this in the 'Brexit not going very good' thread. Suggestion that she may be offski tonight.

Just now, Roger said:

Here's hoping.

She is stubborn though....

surely the penny is dropping....she has virtually no support from her own party....plus it looks like, from what was reported today, that her farcical attempt at a 4th vote on her deal will be dropped. Best imo if she goes....new leader....no General Election which would stop the terrorist sympathiser getting in!

1 hour ago, Harold said:

The problem I have with Boris, is he didn't take it the last time, pissed me off at the time, he didn't follow through,

Likeable guy, but.....

I'd prefer Mog.

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

I'd prefer Mog.

I did for a bit....but did he not eventually agree to vote for May's last pvote for her deal ? I think he did and that pissed me off. Johnson, I believe, has been consistent all the way. That's why he'd be my choice.

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

I did for a bit....but did he not eventually agree to vote for May's last pvote for her deal ? I think he did and that pissed me off. Johnson, I believe, has been consistent all the way. That's why he'd be my choice.

Fair point Dug, I had actually forgotten about That......

You have possibly swayed me!

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

Nope,Boris went the same way as the Mogg

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Normski said:

Mog, back in the hat. 🤣😂

Edited by Bastion

23 minutes ago, Normski said:

Boris Johnson has said he will vote for Theresa May’s Brexit deal after reaching the "sad conclusion" that it is the only way to ensure the UK actually leaves the European Union.

Boris JohnsonBoris Johnson arrives at the Houses of Parliament on Wednesday
Credit: 
PA Images

The ex-Foreign Secretary said he will find it “very painful” to back the Withdrawal Agreement at the third attempt today, but said Brexit risked being watered down further or lost altogether if MPs reject it again.

Mr Johnson has mounted a series of excoriating attacks on Mrs May’s deal since taking up a role as a columnist at the Daily Telegraph, and last September prompted controversy by comparing it to a “suicide vest around the British constitution”.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/news/102877/boris-johnson-reaches-sad-conclusion-he

2 minutes ago, Normski said:

Boris Johnson has said he will vote for Theresa May’s Brexit deal after reaching the "sad conclusion" that it is the only way to ensure the UK actually leaves the European Union.

Boris JohnsonBoris Johnson arrives at the Houses of Parliament on Wednesday

Credit: 

PA Images

The ex-Foreign Secretary said he will find it “very painful” to back the Withdrawal Agreement at the third attempt today, but said Brexit risked being watered down further or lost altogether if MPs reject it again.

Mr Johnson has mounted a series of excoriating attacks on Mrs May’s deal since taking up a role as a columnist at the Daily Telegraph, and last September prompted controversy by comparing it to a “suicide vest around the British constitution”.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/news/102877/boris-johnson-reaches-sad-conclusion-he

Well, That's Boris out of the running......

56 minutes ago, Roger said:

David Lidington is 3/1 with Paddypower, but 33/1 with Bet365 to be the next PM.

Peculiar odds to say the least...

A betting man, would probably hit Bet 365.........

On 22/05/2019 at 17:39, Roger said:

I would like Johnson to get in but think Javid will.

I think she will be gone before the end of the week.

Woof woof.

Out of all the potential candidates Steve Baker is the only one who rejected every WA

Saw a lot of support for him

59 minutes ago, Normski said:

Out of all the potential candidates Steve Baker is the only one who rejected every WA

Saw a lot of support for him

100%.....

I'd take him, problem is, Tory party is full of Rats.

28 minutes ago, Roger said:

Who is Steve Baker? 

Surely we can't have a PM called Steve?

He's Been consistent

Headshot-Guildhall.png