Sign in to follow this  
Hairy Scot

Just to be clear

In political terms I am somewhat to the right of Attila the Hun.

I favour an independent Scotland with no economic or political ties to any other country or group of countries.

In terms of UK politics it is my opinion that regardless of which of the so called "major parties" is in power in Westminster the decisions that will be made will not be in favour of the working classes and certainly not in favour of Scotland,.

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

But it is mine.

The situation regarding independence is not central to my argument.

It is more about the fact that Westminster is weighted 10-1 .

48 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

You mentioned it in your OP & my reply was central to both points you made.

49 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Could that possibly be due to the size (and amount of MPs) of Scotland compared to the same for England, Wales & Ulster ?

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

I and I imagine most English folk would like to see Scotland break ties. 

However, that isn't likely to happen as most Scots feel they are better as part of the Union. Ok the separatists would like to create another "Ireland" but that will never happen either.

10-1, I don't know but even if it is then so what? England are the major financial clout here mate not Scotland. May I also give you an example of it not all being biased toward England from Westminster. English folk pay for prescriptions while I believe they are free in Scotland, Wales and NI? It isn't all one way traffic.

Better the devil you know mate!

3 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

Not so sure about that mate.

4 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

May I also give you an example of it not all being biased toward England from Westminster. English folk pay for prescriptions while I believe they are free in Scotland, Wales and NI? It isn't all one way traffic.

The prescription, free or charged has absolutely nothing to do with Westminster mate. It was introduced by the SNP as a vote catcher. It is, imo, a diabolical situation. I can understand certain sections of our society being allowed non payment but to have it free for those who can afford to pay is idiotic. Even if they had introduced a flat fee...say a fiver for whatever was on the prescription, would have been far better.

8 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

However, that isn't likely to happen as most Scots feel they are better as part of the Union. Ok the separatists would like to create another "Ireland" but that will never happen either.

10-1, I don't know but even if it is then so what? England are the major financial clout here mate not Scotland. May I also give you an example of it not all being biased toward England from Westminster. English folk pay for prescriptions while I believe they are free in Scotland, Wales and NI? It isn't all one way traffic.

Better the devil you know mate!

Really you are going to use prescriptions as an example that has nothing to do with Westminster thankfully it’s one of the  few things fully under Scots control 

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

Not so sure about that mate.

I think it is fair to say that most English people feel some resentment from Scots for whatever reason and I think that would be the logic behind the reasoning.

Maybe the minority tainting it for the majority? I dunno really 

Just now, Makdee said:

Really you are going to use prescriptions as an example that has nothing to do with Westminster thankfully it’s one of the  few things fully under Scots control 

It is just one instance and in the grand scheme of things not that important.

Does the NHS budget not come from Westminster? 

7 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

It is just one instance and in the grand scheme of things not that important.

Does the NHS budget not come from Westminster? 

The Scottish Government controls the NHS budget as it does education  

23 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

Where does that budget come from?

Partly from taxes raised in Scotland (eg council tax, income tax, business tax etc), partly from it's share as a member of the UK of other monies raised as a whole (as an example north sea oil I believe) and partly from the Barnet formula. That's my take on it without going in deeper.

8 hours ago, The Guv'nor said:

Why though?

She has never had a job outwith Politics. Her ambition since she was a young woman has been a separated Scotland....therefore by entering politics and getting to the position she has attained she believes she can reach this goal. Basically the SNP separatists dislike England as they see it as the cause of every problem encountered up here. Everything is England's fault is their mantra.

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

She has never had a job outwith Politics. Her ambition since she was a young woman has been a separated Scotland....therefore by entering politics and getting to the position she has attained she believes she can reach this goal. Basically the SNP separatists dislike England as they see it as the cause of every problem encountered up here. Everything is England's fault is their mantra.

There certainly seems a it of bitterness towards the English from some Scots.

Glasgow is one area I don't exactly feel safe in.

2 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

There certainly seems a it of bitterness towards the English from some Scots.

Glasgow is one area I don't exactly feel safe in.

Not all of us are as brain dead as separatists mate......But it isn't just Glasgow, you'll find them up and down the country....Norm posted this picture.

IMG_20190427_150831.thumb.jpg.71e4090cace98aefce14f6af9f448f61.jpg

On 30/05/2019 at 18:59, Harold said:

Not all of us are as brain dead as separatists mate......But it isn't just Glasgow, you'll find them up and down the country....Norm posted this picture.

IMG_20190427_150831.thumb.jpg.71e4090cace98aefce14f6af9f448f61.jpg

Be careful Harold.

Haiden Lochhead has a freezer picked out for you.      :scary-face-guy-smiley-emoticon:

37 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Be careful Harold.

Haiden Lochhead has a freezer picked out for you.      :scary-face-guy-smiley-emoticon:

Due to working in the garden then watching the cricket I have hardly read any of it mate.